• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
138 replies to this topic | 448 praises

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:01 AM

mcf
  • Premium member
    mcf
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Seeking help, the takata airbag is going through a series of recall, I'm driving PI honda fit GE6 bought second-hand through a dealer - how can I check if my car is a defective one? Since its a PI, how to go about through the recall?

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:35 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

How old is your car.?

Fairlady.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:24 PM

Sabian
  • Sabian
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Aiyah. LTA never say anything leh. Shd be ok lah.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:39 PM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

He/she may still want to confirm... may not be the kind of person who will have peace of mind driving without being sure the airbags are OK. Especially in the event you really need them.

Maybe go to an authorized repair workshop and ask them if they can check/replace airbag for you?

1 Anonymous member praised this
Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

Dabbler in digital graphics, computer assembly, tech and photography.
「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:52 PM

Raptor22
  • Premium member
    Raptor22
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Cannot assume. What's LTAs role?

Moisture was the cause. Our region has high humidity.

Also there was a case in Malaysia where a women died. It was a Honda she drove.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:33 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

If worried,just change it at your own cost. :mellow:

Fairlady.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:34 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Should be ok? The explosion from the airbag that create flying shrapnel have already killed a couple of drivers.

I hope whoever said it's ok know what they are saying.
Privacy praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:50 PM

Sabian
  • Sabian
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I was being sarcastic in the earlier post.

This is not the first recall globally.

Point is no govt body bother about safety recalls.

If they can do it for the US, you mean the car mfg do not know if they shipped any defective car to Singapore?

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:03 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If they can do it for the US, you mean the car mfg do not know if they shipped any defective car to Singapore?

OP said this is a PI car so car manufacturer might indeed not know.

Also, the car is 2nd hard so more difficult for manufacturer to track and contact current owner.

That is all.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:32 AM

GLZT
  • Premium member
    GLZT
    6th Gear
    Author Image

OP said this is a PI car so car manufacturer might indeed not know.

Also, the car is 2nd hard so more difficult for manufacturer to track and contact current owner.

Can always check with Honda Japan, give them engine serial number or whatever number and they can trace the batch and see if its affected. I doubt any workshop will do for free. 

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:12 AM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

google for the list

i rem i read b4 the list, honda fit not inside

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:26 AM

scm292
  • Premium member
    scm292
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

8 to 9 years ago when Toyota wish were sold only by PI, there was a recall related to steering wheel shaft. Owners were able to check if their Wish affected. Mine was replaced by PI and I know most PI did a recall that time to rectify.

PI may keep a record of which car they rectified but no written records given to car owners that their ride has been rectified. I was physically there when they were changing so I saw what was changed.

Problem with pre-own car is that you will not know about any such recalls and even if you do, there are no records if the car already rectified or not.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:03 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

TS you are able to check online.

Here's the useful link from onemotoring...

http://www.onemotori...ic_vehicle.html

Roadrunner2029, So_nice, EricChan, Mohjoe and 1 Anonymous member praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:21 AM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You can easily check with LTA online.

8 to 9 years ago when Toyota wish were sold only by PI, there was a recall related to steering wheel shaft. Owners were able to check if their Wish affected. Mine was replaced by PI and I know most PI did a recall that time to rectify.

PI may keep a record of which car they rectified but no written records given to car owners that their ride has been rectified. I was physically there when they were changing so I saw what was changed.

Problem with pre-own car is that you will not know about any such recalls and even if you do, there are no records if the car already rectified or not.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:31 AM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

wow that LTA online not bad

saw my pre-loved E went for the steering pump recall in 2010, when 3 month old 

if recall done it also updates the date done

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:34 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The problem with this airbag thing is that they don't even know which vehicles the parts were in. I guess the fitting of these components were similar to like say a nut/bolt. It's just in the bin that they pick it up from.

Even now, they are just gasaking. 

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:40 AM

Raptor22
  • Premium member
    Raptor22
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

https://vrl.lta.gov....hRecallBulletin

14 12 Dec 2014 HONDA ACCORD (PARALLEL IMPORTED) , FIT (PARALLEL IMPORTED) , STREAM (PARALLEL IMPORTED) Front side passenger airbag inflator device may be damaged.

Where to send for PI for correction?

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:41 AM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

u can google as mentioned, the models are listed

usa websites might list only usa models

au websites might list some asia models

http://www.news.com....c-1227361789731

http://www.safercar....takata-air-bags

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:11 AM

Sabian
  • Sabian
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The problem with this airbag thing is that they don't even know which vehicles the parts were in. I guess the fitting of these components were similar to like say a nut/bolt. It's just in the bin that they pick it up from.

Wonder if buyers will now ask the car sales fella:" Eh, you got car with no airbags or not?"

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:50 AM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Don't think so, all supplier to automotive conponent must compliance to TS16949 and traceability is very important part of it.. I'm sure they know which batch got problem...

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: honda, hondaairbag, recall and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users