Takata airbag recall

mcf

1st Gear

Seeking help, the takata airbag is going through a series of recall, I'm driving PI honda fit GE6 bought second-hand through a dealer - how can I check if my car is a defective one? Since its a PI, how to go about through the recall?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Aiyah. LTA never say anything leh. Shd be ok lah.

He/she may still want to confirm... may not be the kind of person who will have peace of mind driving without being sure the airbags are OK. Especially in the event you really need them.

Maybe go to an authorized repair workshop and ask them if they can check/replace airbag for you?

• Praise 1

Aiyah. LTA never say anything leh. Shd be ok lah.

Cannot assume. What's LTAs role?

Moisture was the cause. Our region has high humidity.

Also there was a case in Malaysia where a women died. It was a Honda she drove.

Should be ok? The explosion from the airbag that create flying shrapnel have already killed a couple of drivers.

I hope whoever said it's ok know what they are saying.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I was being sarcastic in the earlier post.

This is not the first recall globally.

Point is no govt body bother about safety recalls.

If they can do it for the US, you mean the car mfg do not know if they shipped any defective car to Singapore?

Supersonic

If they can do it for the US, you mean the car mfg do not know if they shipped any defective car to Singapore?

OP said this is a PI car so car manufacturer might indeed not know.

Also, the car is 2nd hard so more difficult for manufacturer to track and contact current owner.

OP said this is a PI car so car manufacturer might indeed not know.

Also, the car is 2nd hard so more difficult for manufacturer to track and contact current owner.

Can always check with Honda Japan, give them engine serial number or whatever number and they can trace the batch and see if its affected. I doubt any workshop will do for free.

8 to 9 years ago when Toyota wish were sold only by PI, there was a recall related to steering wheel shaft. Owners were able to check if their Wish affected. Mine was replaced by PI and I know most PI did a recall that time to rectify.

PI may keep a record of which car they rectified but no written records given to car owners that their ride has been rectified. I was physically there when they were changing so I saw what was changed.

Problem with pre-own car is that you will not know about any such recalls and even if you do, there are no records if the car already rectified or not.

wow that LTA online not bad

saw my pre-loved E went for the steering pump recall in 2010, when 3 month old

if recall done it also updates the date done

Hypersonic

The problem with this airbag thing is that they don't even know which vehicles the parts were in. I guess the fitting of these components were similar to like say a nut/bolt. It's just in the bin that they pick it up from.

Even now, they are just gasaking.

Turbocharged

The problem with this airbag thing is that they don't even know which vehicles the parts were in. I guess the fitting of these components were similar to like say a nut/bolt. It's just in the bin that they pick it up from.

Even now, they are just gasaking.

Wonder if buyers will now ask the car sales fella:" Eh, you got car with no airbags or not?"

↡ Advertisement