• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
109 replies to this topic | 327 praises

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:01 PM

Suhaimiebrahim
  • Premium member
    Suhaimiebrahim
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all bros,

Here something to ponder...

Went to Serangoon area for breakfast and manage to get a parking space along a two way street.

I park my car against the traffic flow and place a valid parking coupon accordingly and happily went to nearby hawker center for Indian dosai..

When back half an hour later and found a parking slip on the car front windscreen.Looking at my watch,still have about 20mins remaining.

So pick up the slip and the offence was "parking against traffic flow" and kena fine $50....first time aware of such offence :wacko:  :wacko: so next time park your car follow traffic flow  :a-m1524:  :a-m1524:

Mercs praised this

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:06 PM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

You forgot that you are living in a FINE city.
lausai88, Mercs and Aaronlkl praised this

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:12 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Tough luck... just appeal and see if it works.

Jamesc, Spring and lausai88 praised this

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:15 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Think you can find such parking style here commonly, but not often to hear car owners kena parking fine on this?!

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:16 PM

Macrosszero
  • Macrosszero
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

You forgot your basic theory is it?

The gene pool could use a bit of Clorox at times

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:20 PM

Raptor22
  • Premium member
    Raptor22
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

whats the fine like if you dont put ticket and park against the flow of traffic?

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:22 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

same... Of course, they will issue one with the highest penalty. Cannot issue both.

whats the fine like if you dont put ticket and park against the flow of traffic?

Jamesc praised this

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:29 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Another $30...gone.. :omg:

Mercs praised this

Fairlady.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:46 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Usually if the street is small with no centre marking and little traffic, you will be fine... Not fined.

Perhaps the street where you kena is a busy street?
Kangadrool praised this

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:48 PM

Bismarck
  • Bismarck
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I thought this was mentioned before in the forum? If I am not wrong, even if you park at free parking area, or some private estate road but against the traffic flow also wrong.
Kangadrool and Mercs praised this
"I am the normal one"
"It’s really difficult looking for glasses without glasses.”
"I would never sign an a**hole just because he is great at football"
"Please don't ask me this shit"
"Sorry I said it twice"
[laugh]

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:48 PM

Piyopico
  • Piyopico
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Tough luck. This rule is not commonly enforced.
No excuse though, you should know this rule.

Imagine when you get out of your lot, it is quite dangerous to other cars and yourself too.
Bacteria83 and Mercs praised this

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:03 PM

JohnSHL
  • Premium member
    JohnSHL
    Supercharged
    Author Image

yep. bcos the assumption is that the driver would have to drive against the traffic flow in order to park

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:10 PM

BobbyTan_74287
  • Premium member
    BobbyTan_74287
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hi all bros,

Here something to ponder...

Went to Serangoon area for breakfast and manage to get a parking space along a two way street.

I park my car against the traffic flow and place a valid parking coupon accordingly and happily went to nearby hawker center for Indian dosai..

When back half an hour later and found a parking slip on the car front windscreen.Looking at my watch,still have about 20mins remaining.

So pick up the slip and the offence was "parking against traffic flow" and kena fine $50....first time aware of such offence :wacko:  :wacko: so next time park your car follow traffic flow  :a-m1524:  :a-m1524:

Write to URA or HDB to appeal. Reason you are parking at the same traffic flow but due to some turning, you car ended up parking against the traffic flow. They will waive for first time offender.

Mercs praised this
Cheers!
Bobby

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:14 PM

Silver_blade
  • Premium member
    Silver_blade
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Parking against the flow of traffic is as good as driving against the flow of traffic. So be careful next time. Make the effort to do a 3-point turn and park.

Raymondism, Janling3 and Kangadrool praised this

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:14 PM

ChickenMob
  • Premium member
    ChickenMob
    6th Gear
    Author Image

this one long ago had been implemented already....

try to get a appeal....

I was just hit one for parking at the side with  broken centre white line.

but before I appeal they auto waived it off saying due to good record blah blah blah.....

no harm trying to appeal against it.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:18 PM

Darthrevan
  • Premium member
    Darthrevan
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Think you can find such parking style here commonly, but not often to hear car owners kena parking fine on this?!

a friend got fined Jln Besar parked against traffic flow..despite displaying a valid parking coupon..and usually in such cases the driver snatched a available parking lot from another vehicle waiting to park by rushing in

Vhtfhwlego, Volvobrick and Mercs praised this

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:25 PM

Toothiewabbit
  • Premium member
    Toothiewabbit
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

a friend got fined Jln Besar parked against traffic flow..despite displaying a valid parking coupon..and usually in such cases the driver snatched a available parking lot from another vehicle waiting to park by rushing in

yes, I was tempted to do that last weekend when I had cravings for Swee Choon [:p]
Darthrevan, Raymondism and Angcheek praised this

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:26 PM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Sometimes I made u-turn and some idiot park against the flow of traffic, snatching my lot.
Darthrevan and Volvobrick praised this
24th Aug 2006, we lost a planet!

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:48 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

tell them design car park that park vertical instead of parallel... :meaw:

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:27 AM

Optramagnum
  • Premium member
    Optramagnum
    5th Gear
    Author Image

My case is more ridiculous.. I was fined for parking against traffic flow outside my parent's place which is a semi detached.. Cos their car is in car pouch, I got to park outside,L their gate, but still "flush" with the side curbs. I try my luck by appealing, and it was successful.
Mercs and Mustank praised this

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: toyo, bmw, parking, traffic and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users