• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
13 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:37 PM

Kippei
  • Premium member
    Kippei
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Can recommend brand.

Apparently, my car battery can start my engine quite well but it cant hold charge long enough. 
When my Blackvue is running it will just drain till left 12v before it cut off. Battery CCA test show good. 

What i read is the alternator quick charge doesn't really charge the battery, only top off. You need a wall charger to really deep charge the battery. 

I top off the electrolyte and my specific gravity is less than 1.25 at 12 V 

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:42 AM

Zippaboy
  • Premium member
    Zippaboy
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Either get from limbat or get one from sim lim tower basement.

I got the Vanson charger from SLT.

Too many vehicles at home, so i have been using this charger to charge the batteries, so far so good. Think been using this for 5 years min....

Honestly the power magic pro not good , cut off voltage at 12V is too low.

Either you add a secondary battery (those who really into ICE will do this), or add a Cell link B.

Edited by Zippaboy, 23 May 2015 - 12:43 AM.

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:25 PM

Spinelli_ck
  • Premium member
    Spinelli_ck
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I would recommend Ctek battery charger. easy to use and packed with features.  :D  

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:02 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Can recommend brand.

Apparently, my car battery can start my engine quite well but it cant hold charge long enough. 
When my Blackvue is running it will just drain till left 12v before it cut off. Battery CCA test show good. 

What i read is the alternator quick charge doesn't really charge the battery, only top off. You need a wall charger to really deep charge the battery. 

I top off the electrolyte and my specific gravity is less than 1.25 at 12 V 

To desulphate and increase specific gravity, you need a power supply, charging at 15.8V.

However, you need to monitor s.g regularly and stop charging once it reach max.

A cheap power supply I use is gopher (or gophert), look for it at aliexpress.

Posted 23 May 2015 - 05:34 PM

Kippei
  • Premium member
    Kippei
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

i went ahead and bought ctek with recond function

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:40 PM

Kippei
  • Premium member
    Kippei
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I think i over dilute the acid. Thats why the specific gravity is so low. Now using the recond function to boil off the excess water

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:10 AM

max15
  • max15
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

i also need a good quality charger

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:21 AM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Limbat also has his in-house charger, cheaper  [;)]

New to iHerb? Use coupon code MCG340 for up to $10.00 off your first order.
http://www.iherb.com?rcode=mcg340

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:14 AM

Limbat
  • Limbat
    Sponsor
    Author Image

CTEK Battery reconditioning session by our CTEK Battery Chargers,
this SUNDAY Morning 6th August 9.30am-2pm at our ShowRoom at EastLink Building unit 03-22 -  address is on our webby- http://www.limbat.com.sg/ -

Please  call 98181138 WHATSAAP ONLY if u need direction. In celebrating National Day - we will be serving Nasi Lemak by RSVP only & Coffee / Tea on the house.

We will be demonstrating - CTEK Charging Station for a free charge at your timing.

Lim Battery.

Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:09 AM

Innocuous
  • Premium member
    Innocuous
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Someone enlighten me 

is it too early to have my E250 car battery and brake pad change at mileage 36k at 3 years old 

Thank you . 

Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:17 AM

babyjyo
  • Premium member
    babyjyo
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Someone enlighten me

is it too early to have my E250 car battery and brake pad change at mileage 36k at 3 years old

Thank you .

You only need to change them if battery shows sign of it being weak or brake pads are worn out. E.g. Occasional problems during starting engine, brakes giving screeching sounds

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:32 PM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Someone enlighten me

Thank you .

does your car has the stop/start system?

If yes

when the main battery is weak, the stop/start function will quit, that is a very early sign

for brake pads, different driving styles give different wear rate, E250 has pad wear sensor, you will get the message on the dash when it is due for replacement

Edited by Phang, 06 October 2017 - 01:33 PM.

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:35 PM

Innocuous
  • Premium member
    Innocuous
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

does your car has the stop/start system?

If yes

when the main battery is weak, the stop/start function will quit, that is a very early sign

for brake pads, different driving styles give different wear rate, the best is by checking the pads visually, can be done by using a torch light

Thank you for answering.

I sent my E250 for svc yday and they told me, brake pads needs to change 
battery is about there , might as well and it comes w 2 years warranty. 

also , one minor leaks, which I have no clue , though no indication on my digital panel, but during their checks, they saw it . 

I am mostly surprise given my low usage 3 years at 36,000 km , need to change brake and batter .  

But since i asked around the forum , most said is about there, PLUS / Minus 

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:58 PM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Thank you for answering.

I sent my E250 for svc yday and they told me, brake pads needs to change
battery is about there , might as well and it comes w 2 years warranty.
also , one minor leaks, which I have no clue , though no indication on my digital panel, but during their checks, they saw it .

I am mostly surprise given my low usage 3 years at 36,000 km , need to change brake and batter .

But since i asked around the forum , most said is about there, PLUS / Minus

my car has the same engine as yours (different model)

first brake pad change (front) at 50k+ km

first battery change around the 4th year

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Energizer Battery

Energizer Battery  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by PT55555  |  Neutral Newbie

Good product!

Purchased a new Energizer battery for my Car. Their batteries are designed for long-lasting, reliable starting power in automotive applications. I would not hesitate to recommend this to any of families or friends.

MaxPower 9900mAh Power-ResQ Multi-Function JumpStarter

MaxPower 9900mAh Power-ResQ Multi-Function JumpStarter  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by MCFmrhonda  |  5th Gear

Good product

Happen to get hold of this product from friend as he knew that I am traveling oversea. When I came back to sg, my car battery may not be working well. Ease of using by just connecting the connector to the car battery. Similar as a jump start... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Battery

Quick Reply

Tags: battery, charger, car

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users