2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

I am exploring the Forester 2.0 non-turbo version.

Hope to hear existing owner on the good and bad for this car.

Thanks.

better go for TC one, I tested drive once, quite aggressive engine and responsive CVT gb, especially at Sport S# mode [thumbsup]

but if you care FC, and maintenance cost, think twice

• Praise 3

Comparing FC against other sedans, or other SUVs ? Cannot set the same expectations for SUVs.

compare other SUVs, because Subaru is the only Japanese automaker more care performance rather than fuel efficiency,

and it leads in AWD, boxer engine for cornering and off road

heard this subaru CVT gb is an all new experience , not those type of mundane CVT in action

Yes. The SE told me that also.

Personally tested the non turbo version twice.

I like the handling but worry on maintenance.

However the SE told me that the AD provide 5 years FOC servicing.

Not sure if there is any other hiden cost 😬

• Praise 2

Yes. The SE told me that also.

Personally tested the non turbo version twice.

I like the handling but worry on maintenance.

However the SE told me that the AD provide 5 years FOC servicing.

Not sure if there is any other hiden cost 😬

Cost already factored in the selling price. The margin is v high for a jap car. The omv of the 2 litre made in japan forrester is even lower than most of the made in thailand 1.6 cat A car.
  • Praise 3

Cost already factored in the selling price. The margin is v high for a jap car. The omv of the 2 litre made in japan forrester is even lower than most of the made in thailand 1.6 cat A car.

Wonder why Forester being a 2l SUV but low OMV (<$15k)

😢

Disagreed with you ... continental car like Merc and BMW or Lexus even higher ...there can as high as more than 40% premium from the total cost price !

Wonder why Forester being a 2l SUV but low OMV (<$15k)

😢

Same like Outlander also very low OMV ! This part really can't understand !

• Praise 3

(edited)

I test drove both normal forester and XT. Love the XT more. I think the price of forester is consider not bad if you compare to the other SUVs. Other SUVs have higher OMV, but there are like in the low 20k range, and their selling price is a lot more expensive.

I am very keen in the XT but no hurry to get it yet. I will see how's the market will be like after the implementation of the new CEVS system. Anyway, I think Subaru owners hardly come here... They have a forester facebook group but they set it as a "secret group" and you can't join in to find out more info. Kinda stuck up group I would say... LOL!

Edited by Wolverine_x
  • Praise 5

The OMV for the 2.0(A) is too low. ~14.5K. At 128K for the SUV, it's really not such a fantastic deal........

Interior is also very simple.

• Praise 2

The OMV for the 2.0(A) is too low. ~14.5K. At 128K for the SUV, it's really not such a fantastic deal........

But I think a yearly depreciation of 12k a year for a brand new car is consider not bad in the current market. The XT model has a yearly depreciation of about 13.2k, which I think is ok for a new car too.

• Praise 1

While parts may be a bit more ex than normal Jap cars they are v long lasting.

I had a subaru (the supposedly less reliable) last its entire COE relatively problem free and trust me it was abused constantly during my 8 and half year ownership.

The turbo forester version would be a better buy even the resale is better if i am not mistaken. If you are getting a non turbo subaru there are better and more practical options especially in the Nissan camp :)

I am looking at getting the forester xt but still toying with the idea as i am not sure if i want an SUV or a more spacious sedan...

If the prices at this level its a bit hard to not decide v carefully before committing :(

• Praise 2

seriously its about a quarter of my lau pok car omv. Way too low...... :a-noway:

selling price should be 100k odd imo :a-no:

• Praise 1

Hi, correct me if I am wrong. Are you saying that the Forester should command a high premium when you mentioned the high margins of Merc, BMW and Lexus? Will you pay a higher premium for a Subaru compared to its jap peers like Toyota and Honda? Taking into consideration the hardware cost is lower.

I agree with you that it is hard to understand why some made-in-Jap cars like Outlander and Forester costs so little to manufacture. Other than the Yen falling in value recent years, I don't think their manufacturing costs have shrunk much.

Disagreed with you ... continental car like Merc and BMW or Lexus even higher ...there can as high as more than 40% premium from the total cost price !

Same like Outlander also very low OMV ! This part really can't understand !

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Doesn't help that MotorImage brings in very poorly equipped Subarus. They don't order their AEB system which is actually top notch even compared to companies like Volvo.

• Praise 1

"But I think a yearly depreciation of 12k a year for a brand new car is consider not bad in the current market. The XT model has a yearly depreciation of about 13.2k, which I think is ok for a new car too."

Actually there are some other SUV options out there which can be considered with a higher OMV and reasonable performance and similar pricing to Subaru forester 2.0 (A).

1) Kia Sportage 2.0EX (OMV ~22K)

2) Hyundai Tucson (OMV ~19K)

3) Honda Vezel / HRV , 1.5 (A) (OMV~18-19K)

To be honest, Subaru cars have good handling and response, but the low re-sale value is also infamous.

Nothing against the car/Subaru, but in my opinion, not a killer deal to have.

• Praise 2

OMV 14K is referring to the 2.0i-L (A) model...not the XT.

Don't think that is TC.

XT in U.S sell USD33k, Malaysia RM200k,

consider at high side,

last time the Legacy forum, they want you to go for meet up before granting access to review and mod folder. in there mind, LTA and TP is always after them and everyone whom they have not met before is a potential undercover. haha

and yes, subaru is a good car. quite trouble free too. if to buy must get the turbo de. OMV low could because they bring in the car bare bone and do most of the fitting here like stereo, leather seat etc. My toyota from what i know all fitted in JP. bought new from BM 3 years ago OMV was close to 61k.

I test drove both normal forester and XT. Love the XT more. I think the price of forester is consider not bad if you compare to the other SUVs. Other SUVs have higher OMV, but there are like in the low 20k range, and their selling price is a lot more expensive.

I am very keen in the XT but no hurry to get it yet. I will see how's the market will be like after the implementation of the new CEVS system. Anyway, I think Subaru owners hardly come here... They have a forester facebook group but they set it as a "secret group" and you can't join in to find out more info. Kinda stuck up group I would say... LOL!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2