2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Thanks,

It's 20cm decrease of coolant level, understand the expansion tank function.

But my concern was the difference in coolant level notice was before engine

warm up, so where those this coolant disappear to as it don't evaporate from

the expansion tank.

When radiator is cool.. Left car over night.. U will notice the coolent reservoir level at Low. U observe before u start car in the morning.

When radiator is hot. After driving for sometime and engine temp is above 90.. N u off engine, the coolent level will be at Full level. U check after off engine

When u buy a Subaru, and your service says it's ok, u just drive and drive and drive until u buy another Subaru and continue driving it again. Forester is a great reliable workhorse.

Any bro tried the motul racing 5w40 oil in their fxt? Can tell the diff between it and the shell helix 5w40? I'm 6k plus mileage and so far actually got used to the helix Liao.

No point changing to motul racing 5w40 as its a race oil.. Won't last 10k oil change unless u intend to do 3k or max 5k oil change and bring the car to track
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

You all know when we reverse, only one reverse side is light up. This is for FL version. Isnt it dangerous??

The other side is Rear Fog Lamp... I think the single reverse light is bright enough for people to see that i am reversing. Usually i will turn on hazard lights too.. 

You all know when we reverse, only one reverse side is light up. This is for FL version. Isnt it dangerous??

It's a Subaru standard... cos the other side a rear fog lamp... it's common in Europe... many continental brands are like that too... no issue... why would it be a safety concern?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Has any FXT owners de-chrome the front grill and the fog lamps?

Many did at specific vinyl shops. Some use plastisdip to diy.

What's the context of your question?

It's a Subaru standard... cos the other side a rear fog lamp... it's common in Europe... many continental brands are like that too... no issue... why would it be a safety concern?

Not Subaru standard. Its conti standard. Most conti cars are like that. Some Japanese brand adopt it too (e.g.. Suzuki)

Neutral Newbie

Not Subaru standard. Its conti standard. Most conti cars are like that. Some Japanese brand adopt it too (e.g.. Suzuki)

Was thinking of doing mine and therefore seeking for opinions on which method is more cost effective.

Turbocharged

Was thinking of doing mine and therefore seeking for opinions on which method is more cost effective.

My gross black vinyl wrap cost me around 90 iirc for the grille. I didn't do the fog lamps.

Plastidip is cheaper at 22 bucks per can. The only thing is it gives a matt finish that is abit rough to touch. Plastidip may not last so occasionally need to touch up.

Both methods are easily reversible.

Its all up to your preference. Some folk very hands on and even DIY the vinyl wrap themselves.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

My gross black vinyl wrap cost me around 90 iirc for the grille. I didn't do the fog lamps.

Plastidip is cheaper at 22 bucks per can. The only thing is it gives a matt finish that is abit rough to touch. Plastidip may not last so occasionally need to touch up.

Its all up to your preference. Some folk very hands on and even DIY the vinyl wrap themselves.

Got pictures to show if you dun mind? If not you can pm me :)

For me it's the other way round. Its the chrome around the fog lamps that made me decide to de-chrome the whole frontal area of the FXT.

Turbocharged

Got pictures to show if you dun mind? If not you can pm me :)

For me it's the other way round. Its the chrome around the fog lamps that made me decide to de-chrome the whole frontal area of the FXT.

You can easily get a reference online. You just need to type "sj Forester gloss black grille" in Google image and you will get a handful of examples.

The vinyl wrap will look like those and only slight different in seams if you inspect closer.

What color is your ride. Imho black grille looks best in black body...

[Edit]ok here are some examples

2015-subaru-forester-ts-03-1.jpg

001_zpsc4222640.jpg

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 1

What I meant was that for Subaru it's jie standard practice to follow the European standard of having the rear fog lamp and thus only one reverse light.

Neutral Newbie

You can easily get a reference online. You just need to type "sj Forester gloss black grille" in Google image and you will get a handful of examples.

The vinyl wrap will look like those and only slight different in seams if you inspect closer.

What color is your ride. Imho black grille looks best in black body...

[Edit]ok here are some examples

2015-subaru-forester-ts-03-1.jpg

001_zpsc4222640.jpg

Dark metallic grey. So it's quite close to black and will probably choose mart black for the vinyl.

Had got some quote from carousell and hopefully can head down to get it done today.

Tks for your advice bro.

I did mine plasti-dip and no, eventually it will feel smooth after weeks. It was rubbery for a while though. And its tough too if know how to properly spray it.

I'm puzzled why Subaru still use handbrake for Forester when many of the new cars out there are using electric brake?

How to do drift and donut with electric brake?  :grin:

How to do drift and donut with electric brake?  :grin:

How to drift with AWD?

Usually expert drivers drift with rear wheel drive cars, not AWD lei.

Turbocharged

I'm puzzled why Subaru still use handbrake for Forester when many of the new cars out there are using electric brake?

Seeing the offroading nature of what the Forester can do and how subaru heavily market the car for, conventional handbrake makes a lot of sense in offroading scenario.

Most sport cars still uses conventional handbrakes for more control. Just imagine its a rugged sports SUV...lol