2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Just heard from a fren that a SE called him to say good time to buy Forrester XT...Se quoted him price with trade in at 122,800. Anyone heard or got offer recently?? Why sudden price drop...fishy.

if you go sgcarmart forest fxt price monitor.. $122k was at $45k COE. which was the time i bought. So maybe they expecting the coe to drop to $45k

Edited by JuzFXT
↡ Advertisement

Just heard from a fren that a SE called him to say good time to buy Forrester XT...Se quoted him price with trade in at 122,800. Anyone heard or got offer recently?? Why sudden price drop...fishy.

I was quoted 125,800, non guarantee 124,800. No matter how I try to squeeze no more further down. Then I also should wait till se call me Liao lol btw I also Sianz half as MI no fast lane servicing.

So would u guys go for non-guaranteed bids with MI? Not sure about their track record cos no experience...

Brought my FXT in April at 112K, 6 bid NG... Got my COE in July close to 57K I think... In all honesty I was thinking they might not deliver but still they did and bidded for me never ever request for top up... Gonna give credit where it is due... They do deliver...

But on a side note... My dash board speaker popped up again when I went back SGP last weekend and drove my car... Their work on the speakers have got much room for improvement

Brought my FXT in April at 112K, 6 bid NG... Got my COE in July close to 57K I think... In all honesty I was thinking they might not deliver but still they did and bidded for me never ever request for top up... Gonna give credit where it is due... They do deliver...

But on a side note... My dash board speaker popped up again when I went back SGP last weekend and drove my car... Their work on the speakers have got much room for improvement

Gd for u. My SIL booked a Kia during the same period as u... also NG bids. As Coe climbs, c&c asked her to top up close to 6k to close the deal. We decided to call the bluff and waited. In the end, c&c cancelled the booking and refund the booking fee much to our disbelief.

I always thought ADs will normally pull thru the deal better than PIs which is y I asked about MI's track record. Am considering going for NG bids. Lol

Btw ur deal is sweet... 112k but got coe paper value of 57k... very nice!

Edited by Vlanze

Gd for u. My SIL booked a Kia during the same period as u... also NG bids. As Coe climbs, c&c asked her to top up close to 6k to close the deal. We decided to call the bluff and waited. In the end, c&c cancelled the booking and refund the booking fee much to our disbelief.

I always thought ADs will normally pull thru the deal better than PIs which is y I asked about MI's track record. Am considering going for NG bids. Lol

If not in urgent need of new car, just go with NG....

Btw ur deal is sweet... 112k but got coe paper value of 57k... very nice!

I think TC and MI record of going thru with NG is high... Except for some unexpected. Both my fxt and qq are Ng bid got it in the 2nd bid. While fxt got a 7k higher value but qq got a 3 k less value.

I think TC and MI record of going thru with NG is high... Except for some unexpected. Both my fxt and qq are Ng bid got it in the 2nd bid. While fxt got a 7k higher value but qq got a 3 k less value.

Gd for u again!

I was infact considering between the qq and forester and perhaps the new civic. Still thinking... haha

Gd for u again!

I was infact considering between the qq and forester and perhaps the new civic. Still thinking... haha

Got for fxt if you have the budget and don't have FC as a consideration. It is a class by itself as compare to other SUV. I was a Honda owner for 3 generation. I was waiting for this new 1.5T but for the same price and ready stock. I bought the FxT. No regret at all. Sound proofing a lot better and quantity is better too. Qq is my CO's car bought it because the hrv was disappointing in term of sound proofing and the cvt is not very refine. Go test all again and you know what I meant. Honda has to maintain its built quality... I was kind of disappoint by both the Japan HRV and the new civic.

if you go sgcarmart forest fxt price monitor.. $122k was at $45k COE. which was the time i bought. So maybe they expecting the coe to drop to $45k

Maybe some buyers shunned off by the 10% extra downpayment fot above 20k omv?

10% is 12k more cash to dump into the dp so thats another consideration

Nvm, let MI forester sales drop abit so they can give a better price.

I think normally when their current batch sold out, they will down price to take orders den when shipment comes, they jack price up again.

My friend's manual wrx delivering on thursday.. he happy like fuk haha.. going to accompany him collect car

Edited by Rayoflight

Got for fxt if you have the budget and don't have FC as a consideration. It is a class by itself as compare to other SUV. I was a Honda owner for 3 generation. I was waiting for this new 1.5T but for the same price and ready stock. I bought the FxT. No regret at all. Sound proofing a lot better and quantity is better too. Qq is my CO's car bought it because the hrv was disappointing in term of sound proofing and the cvt is not very refine. Go test all again and you know what I meant. Honda has to maintain its built quality... I was kind of disappoint by both the Japan HRV and the new civic.

Yep, I have tested both the new civic and the HRV. Honda's CVT surprisingly feels loud on the HRV... not so much on the civic. The civic 1.5T feels gd but there is a significant turbo lag compared to the FXT. The FXT is surprisingly a gd ride... TBH, subaru was nvr on my shopping list till recently. Like what some say, if u can look past the badge and perhaps bad fc, subby cars are value for money since now the new civic 1.6NA costs about the same as the FNA. 

Still thinking hard... haha. 

Yep, I have tested both the new civic and the HRV. Honda's CVT surprisingly feels loud on the HRV... not so much on the civic. The civic 1.5T feels gd but there is a significant turbo lag compared to the FXT. The FXT is surprisingly a gd ride... TBH, subaru was nvr on my shopping list till recently. Like what some say, if u can look past the badge and perhaps bad fc, subby cars are value for money since now the new civic 1.6NA costs about the same as the FNA. 

Bad fc??mmm..u make me worry

Bad fc??mmm..u make me worry

Why worry? Subarus are not known to be sippers. The FXT is a 2.0 Turbo SUV with AWD, it's not exactly built for fuel saving in mind.

I already mentioned a few pages bad what FC to expect for this car realistically.

If you cannot stomach the fact that it can go as low as 8.5km/l for normal driving, perhaps this car is not for you.

BUT if you benchmark it with other 2.0 Turbo cars, the FC is considered pretty good in it's class....

• Praise 4

Why worry? Subarus are not known to be sippers. The FXT is a 2.0 Turbo SUV with AWD, it's not exactly built for fuel saving in mind.

I already mentioned a few pages bad what FC to expect for this car realistically.

If you cannot stomach the fact that it can go as low as 8.5km/l for normal driving, perhaps this car is not for you.

BUT if you benchmark it with other 2.0 Turbo cars, the FC is considered pretty good in it's class....

as Pocus mentioned, don't expect it to be like vezel or qq... Having 10km/l I think I m more than happy as it is the same as my previous car. This is very good for a subby turbo. Last time for performance car, you will expect 6km/l or less

subby was nv on my list, else I have bought it during the super low Coe time. It was recommended and I went down and try and was totally impressed by the ride comfort and driver's view.
  • Praise 1

Same here. Nv considered subarus in the past until I've tried the fxt. Only regret was should have gotten one way earlier. Really wasted my youth with the other crappy Jap makes...

I'm averaging 500plus km per tank refil of roughly 45L since collected car. Now at 9k plus mileage, fc is still amazing. Unless wack quite hard else the fc is superb on the cvt. Worst fc I got was 9plus km per litre when I drove like 70% city. I drive like a ah Pek compared to most fxt drivers here. Heh..

I've struck Honda and Toyota off my list long ago for bad built quality and lousy sound insulation. Nissan is the other decent Jap maker except for the disappointing engine performance of their mass market cars...

Only complain I have is no rear aircon. Lol. But actually I realised that the front aircon is sufficient to cool the whole car on a hot day.

Edited by mrhan1982

Fc is just a cost. Compare the FXT with the next up SUV like CRV, CX5 which are on par, worse spec/luxury by factoring the additional capital cost. Consider how much you travel add the few $k on petrol over the life of the car and you are still spending less. Thats how I view FC and ended uo with the FXT. This is not considering opportunity cost loss in investment if you go for those other higher priced cars.

• Praise 2

I get about 8-8.5km per litre on ron98 on most days, 70% city and 30% highway. During school holidays or If I were to leave early for work, I get about 9 to 9.5km per litre. This is on par with my 2010 Mazda 6, except that the FTX is 200kg heavier and goes much faster. 

If you are not in sales or travel a lot daily, the FXT's FC will probably cost you an extra $150 a month as compared to a 1.6 car. Damn worth it as it brings a lot of joy to me daily.

If FC is a real concern, then don't get the FXT. Besides, it is quite an old model and it is getting too common on the road. Better to find a new brand/model to buy.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1