2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

can latest fxt owner share list of freebies from SE for recent sign up?

I have standard solar, f+b cam, auto fold mirror. Firming the deal soon.

tia.

If don't want solarfilm, will se give cash rebate? Edited by shutterbox
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

If don't want solarfilm, will se give cash rebate?

think you get $50.. and the leather if no take local can get back $500..iirc..

Local leather some bros comprain.. better spend more $$$$ on premium leather outside

Thanks for the pointers.

I am driving Murano now (left 1 y 9 m). Contemplating to change or not.

Always hoping to drive a conti AWD. Initially looking at a used X3. Then my CFO says conti not worth it. Say should look at new car instead of old conti.

Non-conti and AWD, that is why I am looking at Forester.

Test drove XT, the car is very responsive.

I think if Forester can give me a daily good driving experience on the road, it should be able to stay with me for a long time. So maybe not selling in the near future. At least finish the loan first then plan again.

Same case to me. I prefer mind peace, not to worry on some potential risks for used one = lose here and there, no new car smell, got oil leak or not after a long drive, how to verify mileage, etc. Unless the price gap is very attractive lor...
  • Praise 1

I will start my COE bidding this Wednesday!

Thank you all the brothers. I really learnt a lot from you people.

Checked with MI, they only have Clasani. They don't have 3M proofing.

Any one can comment about Clasani?

Did mine 3M @ TPY a few months back.. maybe no more stock. Did clasani sound deadening and anti rust for undercarriage also. Edited by BenTong

Did mine 3M @ TPY a few months back.. maybe no more stock. Did clasani sound deadening and anti rust for undercarriage also.

How many layer they put on the door.

I asked in the middle of this year. The SEs had no idea, and referred me to their technical and sales person. In the end MI told me must buy rims first because the original rims won't fit. Even the SE advised me not to do it as there was too much mark up. Hahah

But they said yes though. You got it in black and white? I have their no in black and white, but that's not very useful. Black and white yes, however, can bang table and get things done, hahah.
  • Praise 1

But they said yes though. You got it in black and white? I have their no in black and white, but that's not very useful. Black and white yes, however, can bang table and get things done, hahah.

No it was a verbal quote. Hahah I didn't see the point of getting it in writing since I wasn't about to splash 10k on a 5k job.

I made the plunge as well! It turns out that 8 bid NG is still available. Helped me shave 1k off the final price. :)
  • Praise 1

How many layer they put on the door.

I did the 3m for my 4 doors. actually i also dunno how many layers. the service guy also dunno. only showed me the material and i said ok. 

After done, i tested the door like a bit more solid and sounded less hollow when closing. i assumed its ok liao. wind noise seemed lesser at higher speeds of 100 or more.

More obvious is the bass sounded better. before doing, if the bass is too heavy for certain songs, can hear some vibration sound from the driver door. but after did the sound proof, no more vibration sound from the door.

• Praise 1

Good buy bro.. I was contemplating too with the Black Edition package when I booked my XT but in the end I bought the STI front strut bar cost me $750.

Anyone can intro decent tyre shops whom they have gotten their Michelin Primacy 3 from. What are the prices? I was quoted from $300 to $350 per piece for 235/50R18.

Much appreciated if you can share good deals. Kam siah very very much!  

Black Edition is add STI Knob, STI Front/Rear Lips, Nicer and better leather, Grille, STI floor mat, STI Front strut bar. I may have missed out something

• Praise 2

Maybe nothing...

You felt any different for your OB?

Doors heavier. More solid feel. Sound from external not so obvious. Happy with it..

Doors heavier. More solid feel. Sound from external not so obvious. Happy with it..

Thanks for the infor.

Sound proof is a want, not a need for me. Unless Singapore pools sponsor

I am on I mode all the time but do switch to S mode when I feel like having fun.

As mentioned in this thread that S mode was more efficient, I tested out last week.

Based on my Mon-Fri driving. The morning trip to work usually gave me 6.1 to 6.3 litres/100km on I mode.

Last week I tried S Mode for the whole journey, it gave me 7 litres/100km for the trip.

I don't doubt the instructor at the New owner workshop who said S mode is more fuel efficient.

But somehow personally I feel "I" mode more fuel efficient during my daily highway drive to work.

In S mode the car wants to rush forward and zig zag & overtaking in highway is so much more responsive and fun.

Anyway I only did 1 full trip with S mode. My 1 data point may not be accurately after all. Will try out on 1 full tank to conclude.

bro, Are you the Mr I met at Tampines St 11 , Ezbuy warehouse a few days ago?
  • Praise 1

No it was a verbal quote. Hahah I didn't see the point of getting it in writing since I wasn't about to splash 10k on a 5k job.

I made the plunge as well! It turns out that 8 bid NG is still available. Helped me shave 1k off the final price. :)

All the best !! Loan approved?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1