2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Wish had increase price by 4k. Now selling @ $104k.

Even it's OMV is lower than Wish, Forester is well equipped with rain sensing wiper, cruise control, paddle shifters, reverse camera, leather seat, etc

Features without practical benefits have no value..

Do u really need rain sensing wiper ?

Rev cam and leather seats have la...

cruise control I think is valuable...

Not sure how effective is paddle shifter ...

↡ Advertisement

I am not sure. Was told conditions for this pricing are, trade in, loan and insurance. Top up 3k for sports package which include alcatraz leather and front and rear XT body kit.

The trade-in price that Motor Image gave is very low.

If you don't trade in your existing car, you need to top up $2K.

This price is based on 8 bids non guaranteed COE, and the assumption that Cat B COE would nose dive. At current COE price, unlikey to secure.

Wish OMV ~20K, can sell @ 99k

Forester OMV ~15K, why cannot ...

Can.....

Still got margin ...

Forester OMV is  $13K to be precise.

Edited by Vinceng

Some just love these extra features. As a human being, I can sense rain drop on the windscreen. Need auto sense wipers for what? Edited by RogerNg_185295

Hahaha... willing seller, willing buyer

Simi omv, simi resale value, simi features, simi profit margin, simi AD buay kan for wanting high profits

If u like Forester, then buy lor

Or u like Wish, then buy lor

Or if u want to bus or train, also can

No need to split hair. Nowadays choose car maciam worse than choosing wife

Just buy want ur heart want and wallet can afford

• Praise 4

Haha. Concurred with carhorn ! One man's meat is another's poison. Cruise ctrl, rain sensing wipers, auto headlamp/tailgate or whatever. Frills to some, essential to others. Anyway even if u dun wan, u cant opt out n get a refund. Heard mi now dun even give u 50 bucks rebate if u dun wan their foc uv film.

Same for omv. I doubt anyone will hv much success haggling with popular ADs over "low omv" or "high profit margin". These are biz decisions, like what hosaybo said. If they can carrot u, they will and if u still bite, then yeah live with the decision and the resulting rewards and consequences. No one buy a scooby bcos of high omv, high trade in value for old car, high resale value. As for after sales svc, many can attest to better experience and price outside if not for concerns over warranty.

Hope those who are buying forester get their coe soon ! Let me be the first to wish all a Happy lunar new year and happy holidays ahead !

• Praise 4

I actually find the rain-sensing wipers very useful. Allows me to focus on driving when rain intensity varies; don't have to worry about adjusting the wiper level for better visibility while trying to navigate through a downpour.  

I am really need rain sensing wiper. It is very useful for me.

It will adjust the speed according to the rain.

Paddle shifter is useful when you feel tired in driving.

You can downshift to hear louder engine sound and make you awake.

Hahaha...

• Praise 1

Haha. Concurred with carhorn ! One man's meat is another's poison. Cruise ctrl, rain sensing wipers, auto headlamp/tailgate or whatever. Frills to some, essential to others. Anyway even if u dun wan, u cant opt out n get a refund. Heard mi now dun even give u 50 bucks rebate if u dun wan their foc uv film.

Same for omv. I doubt anyone will hv much success haggling with popular ADs over "low omv" or "high profit margin". These are biz decisions, like what hosaybo said. If they can carrot u, they will and if u still bite, then yeah live with the decision and the resulting rewards and consequences. No one buy a scooby bcos of high omv, high trade in value for old car, high resale value. As for after sales svc, many can attest to better experience and price outside if not for concerns over warranty.

Hope those who are buying forester get their coe soon ! Let me be the first to wish all a Happy lunar new year and happy holidays ahead !

Yah.

I had been servicing outside after 20k. Faster, cheaper and can use engine oil that I preferred.

No need to see all rubbish from AD.

When you added up the addition service cost at AD, you can already paid a aircon outside if it failed.

Owning a car want to worry so much about this failed, that failed must well take MRT.

Forester is a nice car to drive, just enjoy it.

• Praise 1

When you added up the addition service cost at AD, you can already paid a aircon outside if it failed.

Owning a car want to worry so much about this failed, that failed must well take MRT.

Forester is a nice car to drive, just enjoy it.

I guess you have not encounter major issues yet...

Under the latest CCS ruling, it appears that no need to do servicing/repairs at MI to preserve warranty. It should suffice if owners keep the relevant svcing records detailing the genuine parts used, type of works carried out etc which logically have to be in accordance to subaru maintenance requirements/specifications. Onus is always on owners to exercise wise discretion/due diligence and be able to prove to MI that such have been adhered to, when claiming warranty. Actions such as engine mod or alterations to key components will of course expose owners to heightened risks of void warranty.

End of the day, if in doubt or dun feel comfy or dun wanna take the risk, just suck thumb and svc at MI during the warranty period. Zzz.

Under the latest CCS ruling, it appears that no need to do servicing/repairs at MI to preserve warranty. It should suffice if owners keep the relevant svcing records detailing the genuine parts used, type of works carried out etc which logically have to be in accordance to subaru maintenance requirements/specifications. Onus is always on owners to exercise wise discretion/due diligence and be able to prove to MI that such have been adhered to, when claiming warranty. Actions such as engine mod or alterations to key components will of course expose owners to heightened risks of void warranty.

End of the day, if in doubt or dun feel comfy or dun wanna take the risk, just suck thumb and svc at MI during the warranty period. Zzz.

End of the day AD will make it difficult to claim warranty

I guess you have not encounter major issues yet...

Bro, I guessed u might have gotten the Forester or may be gg to get one. Or maybe not

I understand your position on AD honouring the warranty of the car over the prescribed period. Fair enough if you go back to MI for your servicing so that the warranty is not void.

On the other hand, the bros here also hv their position where they service their scooby at outside pro-scooby workshops.

If u worried any warranty, stick to MI. Others will be taking a measured risk for their cars thru servicing via 3rd parties.

No point rebuking one other on each other choices.

Damn... It is like comparing tt 'my-wife-is-prettier-than-yours' statement.

If scooby cars are tt farked up in omv, features, resale values, experience parts, faulty and not lasting OEM parts, I guess your next car option shld not be a scooby.

My XC90 also serviced at outside workshop after free servicing ends. Till now (1 yr left) it is still gg strong. Just wear and tear parts to fix up. Major car issues aka Murphy's law will not happened to only Subaru cars. It has happened to my bro Merc, lao peh Datsun, ex gf VW, in laws toyota.

Leave and let die, bro. We will hv a longer life

• Praise 3

Bro, I guessed u might have gotten the Forester or may be gg to get one. Or maybe not

I understand your position on AD honouring the warranty of the car over the prescribed period. Fair enough if you go back to MI for your servicing so that the warranty is not void.

On the other hand, the bros here also hv their position where they service their scooby at outside pro-scooby workshops.

If u worried any warranty, stick to MI. Others will be taking a measured risk for their cars thru servicing via 3rd parties.

No point rebuking one other on each other choices.

Damn... It is like comparing tt 'my-wife-is-prettier-than-yours' statement.

If scooby cars are tt farked up in omv, features, resale values, experience parts, faulty and not lasting OEM parts, I guess your next car option shld not be a scooby.

My XC90 also serviced at outside workshop after free servicing ends. Till now (1 yr left) it is still gg strong. Just wear and tear parts to fix up. Major car issues aka Murphy's law will not happened to only Subaru cars. It has happened to my bro Merc, lao peh Datsun, ex gf VW, in laws toyota.

Leave and let die, bro. We will hv a longer life

Very well said  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

That's why I said if worry so much of this failed, that failed...Must well take MRT. If not life will shorty due to too much worry when owning a car.

Opss...wait worry MRT break down in the tunnel.....

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

Yeah different strokes for different folks. Granted some of us are more adventurous and take more calculated risks in their choices. While some dun. At the end, we have to respect each others' choices and live with our own. We all have our own reasons and are here to share and learn. Surely we wun have to resort to justifying or defending our choices ! Happy motoring !

I hv svc my old cock eyed impreza at the pro scooby workshops here years ago after the foc MI svcings. No issue at all. Great experience and savings. While some of my pals religiously do so at MI for "peace of mind". No right or wrong. For my last car, i svc at AD only during major intervals during warranty period. No issue too when claiming warranty for a muffler issue near the end of the warranty period. Sometimes, depends on luck too. Haha.