2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Hi Xefera,

Depends on what ride comfort you expect or trying to alleviate but api rsr is coilover and will be harder and most will NOT find it more comfortable.

Cheers.

Richard

That is why a forum like MCF is important to cross check information against workshop or online reviews  [thumbsup]

Will be interesting to find out your kaki's pink spring+bilstein b6 combination.

Hi Yellobie and forester bros,

Enjoy the 7000+ page of the service manual download from my dropbox before 1 Mar 2018:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7yktd6gtiq99sqe/AABcWeuPF-Uz0pzIan4yMbs3a?dl=0

2014 version but still basically same SJ5 and SJG since there had been version A, B, C, D and latest E.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Richard,

Do you mind share again the service manual?

Thanks

Honestly, i do like the new gen more than the sj. The overall design esp the sports trim looks nicer. Interior is also similar with the new imprezza with rear ac vents which i prefer. The major downside is no more xt and mt. The taillights are meh to me though and the rims can be easily changed in the aftermarket.

Subaru said no xt coz not alot of ppl buying them. Sad news for the enthusiast.

Glad u like the new gen model ! It seem subaru paid more attn to the interior this time (besides sgp n eyesight whose inclusions are a given). Sometimes pics dun do justice to the real thing. I look fwd to see it in metal when it arrives here. Wonder if we will also get the 2.5 na here.
  • Praise 1

Glad u like the new gen model ! It seem subaru paid more attn to the interior this time (besides sgp n eyesight whose inclusions are a given). Sometimes pics dun do justice to the real thing. I look fwd to see it in metal when it arrives here. Wonder if we will also get the 2.5 na here.

The dash is the same az the new imprezza which i think is nicer. Also just noticed there is no manual handbrake which is a feature i prefer.

Subaru so far only offer 2.5 engine for the new forester since thats what most consumers buy in the US. So we are probably going to get the same thing.

New forester looks downright plain n boring..also.. looks bulkier tban current one.. somehow.. it looks resembles an upsize xv to me.. or and worst of all, doing away with TURBO.

Howver, credit to making the interior better looking and with more safety features

Subaru used to design cars which you either love/like it, or dun like (hate) it.. howver, now the design is trying to appeal to tbe broader base.. feels like losing its identity..

Edited by Speedz76
  • Praise 2

New forester no turbo yes true..

But if the pricing is around $105-115k range with all these eyesights, adaptive headlights, AWD, big size, sunroof, auto tailgate.. it’s still a good buy over a Vezel or CHR @$95-105k, or CRV or Harrier NA at 140-150k

But if the pricing is around $105-115k range with all these eyesights, adaptive headlights, AWD, big size, sunroof, auto tailgate.. itâs still a good buy over a Vezel or CHR @$95-105k, or CRV or Harrier NA at 140-150k

Keep SJ, buy SK...
  • Praise 1

Hi Chucky,

Indeed not likely.

Will test out kaki's fxt with pink springs who bought my unused Bilstein B6 who just fitted them last week.

Please pm me if you are keen to join me.

Cheers.

Richard

Nice, I think a lot of bros here waiting for your review!  [laugh]  [laugh]

seriously Japanese car makes should learn from Conti makes how to get good emissions with TC,

you still trust Conti emission figures?? 

• Praise 2

If the new one comes here as a 2.5na with all the bells n whistles, i doubt we will get it at 115k or below (assuming coe remains at current level and it is in same ves class as 2.0 fna). Prob slightly below outback ?

• Praise 1

But if the pricing is around $105-115k range with all these eyesights, adaptive headlights, AWD, big size, sunroof, auto tailgate.. it’s still a good buy over a Vezel or CHR @$95-105k, or CRV or Harrier NA at 140-150k

if new forester at price $105-115k based on current COE,

then CRV, Harrier, CX5, RAV4 can close shop liao,

don't forget, 2.5L engine will be higher road tax

Edited by MQX87511

Nice, I think a lot of bros here waiting for your review!  [laugh]  [laugh]

you still trust Conti emission figures??

government trust, no choice

Subaru and MI will find a way. Look how they price Xv at $94,800 when it has almost all these goodies.

Basically they will keep all the software based things (eg. Facial recognition) which actually is cheap to manufacture and perhaps leave out those hardware based eg. Powered seats.

Subaru and MI will find a way. Look how they price Xv at $94,800 when it has almost all these goodies.

Basically they will keep all the software based things (eg. Facial recognition) which actually is cheap to manufacture and perhaps leave out those hardware based eg. Powered seats.

Find a way? It's a listed company you know. Cannot suka suka decide what features to keep and delete. The profit margin must be in line with company policy
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Find a way? It's a listed company you know. Cannot suka suka decide what features to keep and delete. The profit margin must be in line with company policy

MI is a big customer of Subaru - it is the Subaru AD for most of Asia (i.e. China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, South-east Asia etc.) and also runs a Subaru assembly plant in Malaysia (which supplies to SEA except Singapore which gets direct from Japan).

Hence, MI has some leeway to ask Subaru to add/minus for Singapore market.

Subaru makes things modular and so it is able to customise relatively easily for different markets - e.g. Australia usually gets things that are different from other markets.

Edited by jg2000
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

The dash is the same az the new imprezza which i think is nicer. Also just noticed there is no manual handbrake which is a feature i prefer.

Subaru so far only offer 2.5 engine for the new forester since thats what most consumers buy in the US. So we are probably going to get the same thing.

I doubt so.

The hefty road tax of a 2.5l engine may turn off some potential buyers.

Our engine requirements here is much different in the US.

MI is a big customer of Subaru - it is the Subaru AD for most of Asia (i.e. China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, South-east Asia etc.) and also runs a Subaru assembly plant in Malaysia (which supplies to SEA except Singapore which gets direct from Japan).

Hence, MI has some leeway to ask Subaru to add/minus for Singapore market.

Subaru makes things modular and so it is able to customise relatively easily for different markets - e.g. Australia usually gets things that are different from other markets.

Hi jg2000,

Think MI being "big" against reported facts is not so "big" afterall and understandably MI cannot do much.

Cheers.

Richard

https://www.subaru.co.jp/en/ir/library/pdf/ar/ar_2016e.pdf

post-149594-0-02352900-1522561773_thumb.png

↡ Advertisement