2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Turbocharged
(edited)

I also heard that insurance is very high for Subaru car. What is the expected insurance with 50% NCD, age above 40yr?

If it's 50% NCD shouldn't be too bad. Maybe around 1.3k or less.

It's the WRXes that are having killer insurance

Edited by Pocus
↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

slightly above 2k is i remember correctly. Have to buy from AD during the negotiation.

For 2k insurance, what is your NCD %?

Hypersonic

Hi, anyone still keen on 2015 Forester? If yes, I may have better deal. Pls pm me if u are interested.

Can PM me..

As I clock about 30k km a year, so FC is some concern for me. How is the FC for 50/50 driving pattern?

For the FC, the current 2.0 FXT is a big improvement over the previous generation. But it is a 4WD vehicle and weights 1.7 tons afterall, so don't expect it to be a fuel sipper.

To be fair, need to compare like with like - in this case we should focus on the torque since in Singapore we're not really going to have much chance to rev to the redline. In terms of torque the 2.0 Forester XT has the power of a 3.5L naturally aspirated engine. It produces 350Nm of torque at 2400rpm. If you compare to a Lexus RX350, you get 346Nm of torque at 4700rpm (need to rev it more). For this category of power output the FC of the Forester is pretty good.

If you only want a fuel sipper, then maybe a Honda Vezel (HRV) is more appropriate. But you get 155Nm at 4800rpm. Totally different class.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

For the FC, the current 2.0 FXT is a big improvement over the previous generation. But it is a 4WD vehicle and weights 1.7 tons afterall, so don't expect it to be a fuel sipper.

To be fair, need to compare like with like - in this case we should focus on the torque since in Singapore we're not really going to have much chance to rev to the redline. In terms of torque the 2.0 Forester XT has the power of a 3.5L naturally aspirated engine. It produces 350Nm of torque at 2400rpm. If you compare to a Lexus RX350, you get 346Nm of torque at 4700rpm (need to rev it more). For this category of power output the FC of the Forester is pretty good.

If you only want a fuel sipper, then maybe a Honda Vezel (HRV) is more appropriate. But you get 155Nm at 4800rpm. Totally different class.

My current 2.0L conti I am getting FC of 9.5-10.5km/l.

So the FC of 9-10km/l is OK for me.

I am looking into Forester mainly for the performance. Don't seem to find any others car with similar size and performance for the price.

• Praise 1

For 2k insurance, what is your NCD %?

Just renewed my policy with MI. Base on 30% NCD age 45 (no driver under 40yo allowed to drive my car.) = SGD1,308.00

Best to check with your SA at MI once you are about to sign.

• Praise 1

Just renewed my policy with MI. Base on 30% NCD age 45 (no driver under 40yo allowed to drive my car.) = SGD1,308.00

Best to check with your SA at MI once you are about to sign.

go DirectAsia, bery cheap about deal at $900+ based on your condition

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I am looking into Forester mainly for the performance. Don't seem to find any others car with similar size and performance for the price.

9-10km/l is considered and optimistic number. From what I read the FC can go as low as 8km/l for mostly urban driving. 7km/l if you drive like a racer.

Just have to brace ourself on what to expect.

Hypersonic

9-10km/l is considered and optimistic number. From what I read the FC can go as low as 8km/l for mostly urban driving. 7km/l if you drive like a racer.

Just have to brace ourself on what to expect.

Have you bought one already?

Read in others thread you also looking at Ford Kuga, so far I have not go and take a look at this car.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Have you bought one already?

Read in others thread you also looking at Ford Kuga, so far I have not go and take a look at this car.

Nope, but most probably going for the XT. I ruled out the Kuga already due to price Edited by Pocus

Turbocharged

One of my favorite video of the XT. I admit after watching this, more determine to get it.

• Praise 2

if 50/50 driving pattern, sure can 9 to 10 km/l.

normally I drive 80% unban 8.5km/L, ever 80% highway clocked 12 to 13km/L,

• Praise 3

If you're worried about FC, let's do the maths on how the difference it costs.

To start with, we can assume a typical profile:

- Drive 20,000Km per year

- FC average of 10km/L

- More efficient car gets 10% better FC

- Petrol is $2/L

Cost difference is 20,000Km / 10Km/L x 10% x $2/L = $400 per year.

Even after the 10 year lifespan of the car, this adds up to only $4K.

Now consider this in total cost of ownership perspective:

A Mazda CX5 2.5L costs $18K more (much less HP and 2WD only)

An Audi Q5 2.0T costs $100K+ more

It is pretty much impossible to recover the price difference between more/less efficient cars from petrol savings. So just drive whatever you want and enjoy the ride.

pity , space is a little tight for me

Wow... I find the Forester to be pretty spacious with an airy cabin.

You must be used to driving large luxury cars.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

If you're worried about FC, let's do the maths on how the difference it costs.

To start with, we can assume a typical profile:

- Drive 20,000Km per year

- FC average of 10km/L

- More efficient car gets 10% better FC

- Petrol is $2/L

Cost difference is 20,000Km / 10Km/L x 10% x $2/L = $400 per year.

Even after the 10 year lifespan of the car, this adds up to only $4K.

Now consider this in total cost of ownership perspective:

A Mazda CX5 2.5L costs $18K more (much less HP and 2WD only)

An Audi Q5 2.0T costs $100K+ more

It is pretty much impossible to recover the price difference between more/less efficient cars from petrol savings. So just drive whatever you want and enjoy the ride.

Wow... I find the Forester to be pretty spacious with an airy cabin.

You must be used to driving large luxury cars.

My mileage is about 30k km per year..

if 50/50 driving pattern, sure can 9 to 10 km/l.

normally I drive 80% unban 8.5km/L, ever 80% highway clocked 12 to 13km/L,

The FC of turbo charged cars depend a lot on your driving style. I generally drive sensibly, but occasionally enjoy some boost to overtake / build up speed on the express way.

When I do short 1-2Km trips to the neighbourhood shops/market I see as low as 5km/L.

But there was once I drove to KL via the Tuas checkpoint.

Cruising at around the legal 110km/h speed limit most of the way..

Including the idling at the checkpoint I got 14km/L (7.1L/100Km).

Overall, 9-10Km/L average for 50/50 driving pattern is quite normal for most people to achieve with the Forester XT.

• Praise 1

My mileage is about 30k km per year..

With 30,000Km per year for 10 years you're looking at $6K more on petrol per year compared to a more fuel efficient Mazda CX5 "SkyActive" 2.5L... this still only pays for 1/3rd of the price difference between the 2 cars!

Another thing to note is the Forester XT happily accepts 95 octane petrol. Some turbocharged contis need 98 octane.. the difference in petrol costs can easily neutralise the 10% better FC figures.

Hypersonic

The FC of turbo charged cars depend a lot on your driving style. I generally drive sensibly, but occasionally enjoy some boost to overtake / build up speed on the express way.

When I do short 1-2Km trips to the neighbourhood shops/market I see as low as 5km/L.

But there was once I drove to KL via the Tuas checkpoint.

Cruising at around the legal 110km/h speed limit most of the way..

Including the idling at the checkpoint I got 14km/L (7.1L/100Km).

Overall, 9-10Km/L average for 50/50 driving pattern is quite normal for most people to achieve with the Forester XT.

Thank you for the information on your FC.

Now the most difficult part is to get CO agreed on this car. She will use the car occasionally...

↡ Advertisement