Taiwan: Car Rental (Taipei)

BabyBlade

if you stay in any 1 of the allisan hote

they have the "see sunrise" package or arrangement

the guide came to pick you up at 4am

go see sunrise after that come back to sleep

drive on your own is a big no no

you are not familiar with the road, where to park, and it's freaking 4am !!!

And at Dec 4am up there also very cold..

↡ Advertisement

Yes...shall heed that. Thanks bro.

If not, secretly drive behind them.....hahahahaha

At cingjing, if you have time during the day. Should drive up to 合欢山 and 五領.

The view up there is beautiful.

Driving up there from cingjing is very easy, about 45mins. Location with good view will have car park.

See my post 71 at below thread.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2670172-taiwan-road-trip-taiwan/page-4?hl=+taiwan%20+road%20+trip

Edited by Tohto

Safe journey Bro.

I am going up Cingjing in December and I too am agonising over if I should book UTaxi or a rental car. (Been to Taiwan a couple of times but never drove LHD. My china moreover beri badddd :D )

Bro u should rent a car. Very easy to adapt one.. Just keep right instead of left. Roundabout go anti-clockwise rather than clockwise.. Trust me bro... Nothing beats the convenience and fun of driving [:)]  [thumbsup]

My 1st time in a LHD vehicle was in Germany many yrs ago... After some 10mins of practicing, I was already doing more than 200km/h on the autobahn.. lol

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 2

Bro u should rent a car. Very easy to adapt one.. Just keep right instead of left. Roundabout go anti-clockwise rather than clockwise.. Trust me bro... Nothing beats the convenience and fun of driving [:)][thumbsup]

My 1st time in a LHD vehicle was in Germany many yrs ago... After abt some 10mins of practicing, I was already doing more than 200km/h on the autobahn.. lol

There are many local driver can't even stay on Lane when driving here. So if that is the case, better not to drive LHD if no confident.

• Praise 3

There are many local driver can't even stay on Lane when driving here. So if that is the case, better not to drive LHD if no confident.

Thats true bro.. I believe most bro and sis here in MCF very "zai" one! [:)]

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 1

Bro u should rent a car. Very easy to adapt one.. Just keep right instead of left. Roundabout go anti-clockwise rather than clockwise.. Trust me bro... Nothing beats the convenience and fun of driving [:)][thumbsup]

My 1st time in a LHD vehicle was in Germany many yrs ago... After some 10mins of practicing, I was already doing more than 200km/h on the autobahn.. lol

Thanks Bro for the encouragement [:)] I'm taking the red-eye flight and will immediately take the high speed train to Taichung. Not too sure about my fatigue threshold...I getting old leow [laugh]

Edited by Toothiewabbit
  • Praise 3

Thanks Bro for the encouragement [:)] I'm taking the red-eye flight and will immediately take the high speed train to Taichung. Not too sure about my fatigue threshold...I getting old leow [laugh]

Whichever way u are more comfy in bro! Happy holidays! [:)]  [flowerface]

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 2

HI jman888,

Is the Taiwan driver you referring name as Meeky Yang?

I used him in 2008. Good driver. Safe and friendly. Was driving a wish at that time.

Should be in his mid to late 50s 

Edited by Lala81

will the air become very thin? i must wear few more layer [sweatdrop]

The air was still ok at 3000m. But the weather was quite cold when I was there in Dec. Mainly due to wind chill.

I can't remember this photo is taken at 五领 or 合欢山.

You can check the mountains area weather at below link.

http://www.cwb.gov.tw/V7/forecast/entertainment/forest/

post-29292-0-11397600-1479650957_thumb.jpg

post-29292-0-44941200-1479650995_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tohto

Not forgetting taxi drivers with many hours on the road practical practice can step on the wrong pedals. :D  

Can means can, cannot means cannot.

Edited by Kangadrool

This should be taken from Hehuanshan.

5612582240_8820593c20.jpg

Mountain view from Cingjing.

5634807532_c83169fca5.jpg

Sakura at Alishan.

5613567370_8253e47812.jpg

Edited by Gizmore
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1