SUV: X-Trail or Harrier?

Char

Toyota more reliable and cheaper to maintain than Nissan? Pure rubbish. Drove a Cefiro for 4 yrs before switching to Teana which has been with me for 7 yrs. Based on my experience there is no way a Toyota can be more reliable than a Nissan.

Please don't use the word rubbish, so rude...

Let me tell you this, I drove a Camery, Harrier, Saab 93, C180, Cefiro, Teana, Xtrail at least for 2-3 years before so I can clearly comment my experience to people. So what did you drive before, only Nissian? Go check out 10 workshop and at least 9 of them will tell you Toyota is more reliable and cheaper to maintain, this is not from me but from the workshop itself. I do my home work do you do yours or just know how to comment people by saying rubbish without any facts? Please be careful on your language next time.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Dont think there is a straight answer to this even though you have drove all those said cars at merely 2 to 3 years each. There are ppls who drove a BMW with 9 yrs and only face wear and tear issue. Does that mean BMW is more reliable than those cars you have driven? We should know the answer [laugh]  Besides, what you have driven in the past model does not represent it will be the same quality as current latest model.

Please don't use the word rubbish, so rude...

Let me tell you this, I drove a Camery, Harrier, Saab 93, C180, Cefiro, Teana, Xtrail at least for 2-3 years before so I can clearly comment my experience to people. So what did you drive before, only Nissian? Go check out 10 workshop and at least 9 of them will tell you Toyota is more reliable and cheaper to maintain, this is not from me but from the workshop itself. I do my home work do you do yours or just know how to comment people by saying rubbish without any facts? Please be careful on your language next time.

• Praise 1

Dont think there is a straight answer to this even though you have drove all those said cars at merely 2 to 3 years each. There are ppls who drove a BMW with 9 yrs and only face wear and tear issue. Does that mean BMW is more reliable than those cars you have driven? We should know the answer [laugh]  Besides, what you have driven in the past model does not represent it will be the same quality as current latest model.

read carefully again... I said at least 2-3 years. Some car I drove more than 5 years. As for BMW, depend on which model you are driving and what is the mileage. I have a friend who own a BMW 5 series never have a problem for 9 years too but his mileage only 80K as this is his 2nd car. But he comment that the maintenance for a BMW is very high and if there is any part failure cost you a bomb. Another friend who own a BMI 318i go for 100K Major maintenance and trying to fix a oil leak cost him 4K to services. One thing you are right as there is no straight answer and I am only giving a general comment based on my experience on xtrail and Harrier that I actually drove. I think if you go xtrail forum you can easy find that xtrail fuse consumption is generally high after people test drive it on 2WD configuration. Also I repair my old xtrail due to accident,there is no no spare part I have to wait for 2 month. The cost of repair for the side fender is $6K (more expensive then the Benz who who hit me and have similar repair on his side fender only $4K). This is because AD did not continue to bring in new model xtrail until recently so they only have limited stock. Today, how many people buy xtrail compare to Hairrer, if the sale is no good AD will discontinue again and there will be part issue. I don't think I am making up figure here.

Edited by EG73

What we see may not be what other see because our own merely population is insignificant as compare with major population.

My previous Toyota give me lots of problem. It can even die in the mist of traffic junction. Usage about 10k / year. But ppls will tell me it is because i get a lemon car[laugh] later i get a so call inferior brand to toyota car. No issue till scrap

Drove Nissan, Toyota, Subaru... i would personally rank Toyota, Nissan then Subaru for reliability, but somehow Subaru gave more fun days. All of all Japanese brands are much better than my old man's wowo  [laugh]

Driving behavior and the way ones treat his/her car make difference.

For this thread, i vote for Harrier over Xtrail.

Actually the fact that I couldn't test drive the Harrier, it became a deal breaker for me.

If I am not wrong, the PIs don't allow test-drives or provide cars for test drives.

I experienced this some months ago when I made this request at several PIs at various locations.

Edited by X5actor

I think it is subjective and probably 'luck' in play when you own and drive various brands of cars.

When a particular brand of car you own and drive gives you problem, you are likely to be bias against the brand, and not just the car itself. This is natural. So I think it is best you describe and share what exact model and year (generation) you have personally used, including those whom you know have such experiences with their cars. 

This is because different models will have their own sets of good and bad. So will the generations of the models.

i actually stop participating in this thread some time back.

the reason? some of the haters here are merely looking at bringing down nissan cars just because of some bad experience.

i mean, come on, every car has its pros and cons. theres no need to be so extreme. right? :)

Edited by slowloris25
  • Praise 3

Pls tell us which PI allow us to test drive their cars so that we will not buy that 2nd hand car from them at 1st hand price.

One guy named Jecky can test drive Vezel X, maybe he have harrier for test drive.

if you want the contact then pm me.

I guess is only for popular model then they may have test drive unit.

Edited by Des_k

Been following this thread for a while. For those Harrier supporters, don't the Japanese language in the info screen bother u?

• Praise 1

Been following this thread for a while. For those Harrier supporters, don't the Japanese language in the info screen bother u?

There is something call JP to English app. I have no issue as most screen I need is in English or Patrical English.

Neutral Newbie

One guy named Jecky can test drive Vezel X, maybe he have harrier for test drive.

if you want the contact then pm me.

I guess is only for popular model then they may have test drive unit.

Can you share the PI which I can test drive the Harrier? Thanks.

I bet you have not seen this model. Harrier GS... without the Eagle plastic front grill.

Anyway the eagle logo can be replace easily.

Our harrier is "hansome" enough.... no need to "FAKE" Lexus

I'm looking to get this model!

Which PI would carry it, please?

you're comparing old gen xtrail with new gen harrier. which is rather unfair. not exactly apple to apple.

my old harrier only gave me like 8km/l too. lol

cannot like that compare lah

although i must admit, sometimes, it's human nature to be biased given your bad expereience with the previous xtrail.

even the new subarus gives more than 10km/l nowadays.

read carefully again... I said at least 2-3 years. Some car I drove more than 5 years. As for BMW, depend on which model you are driving and what is the mileage. I have a friend who own a BMW 5 series never have a problem for 9 years too but his mileage only 80K as this is his 2nd car. But he comment that the maintenance for a BMW is very high and if there is any part failure cost you a bomb. Another friend who own a BMI 318i go for 100K Major maintenance and trying to fix a oil leak cost him 4K to services. One thing you are right as there is no straight answer and I am only giving a general comment based on my experience on xtrail and Harrier that I actually drove. I think if you go xtrail forum you can easy find that xtrail fuse consumption is generally high after people test drive it on 2WD configuration. Also I repair my old xtrail due to accident,there is no no spare part I have to wait for 2 month. The cost of repair for the side fender is $6K (more expensive then the Benz who who hit me and have similar repair on his side fender only $4K). This is because AD did not continue to bring in new model xtrail until recently so they only have limited stock. Today, how many people buy xtrail compare to Hairrer, if the sale is no good AD will discontinue again and there will be part issue. I don't think I am making up figure here.

↡ Advertisement