Do you think Malaysia Airline will close down soon?

Kumweng

wat you think? will it be the next Asia euro travel company to close shop.....

↡ Advertisement

waiting to buy $1 perkey?

they will "close" and "re-open" immediately as a "brand new" company.

Tiagong, use FT wor.

Tiagong, they selling some perkeys also - A380.

wat you think? will it be the next Asia euro travel company to close shop.....

Won't close one lah. Just 'reopen' under same name but different legal entity. I mean, it wont stop operating as an Airline.

It is one gigantic golden goose. Stop operations, many connected people will stop receiving their golden eggs.

Hypersonic

Won't close. Just restructure. 20,000 workers are going unemployed....

(edited)

MAS close shop? Petronas, Maybank, Public Bank, Tenaga, MAS, Plus, many many more ...

all these are golden goose + milkly cow that "a group of people" can anyhow collect golden egg and squeeze fresh milk leh ...

Edited by Wt_know

Twincharged

I read in the newspapers that Malaysia airlines will close down and retrench all staff except retain the CEO. Then they will open up another company with smaller scale and reemploy back some of the staff.

Perhaps you can google for more info.

Read here for more details. I think should be this link.

http://says.com/my/news/more-than-8-000-people-will-be-losing-their-jobs-in-upcoming-mas-lay-off

Supercharged

I read in the newspapers that Malaysia airlines will close down and retrench all staff except retain the CEO. Then they will open up another company with smaller scale and reemploy back some of the staff.

Perhaps you can google for more info.

Read here for more details. I think should be this link.

http://says.com/my/news/more-than-8-000-people-will-be-losing-their-jobs-in-upcoming-mas-lay-off

The new CEO is an experienced aviation tough nut. He already said that he's paid to change anything. The MAS staff would be mentally prepared.

They have to retrench everyone first, because the name "MAS" will be terminated. The new name will then offer new employment contracts (wtih different employment terms) to those re-employed staff.

I think MY did something right this time. They finally woke up from their sleep.

This will set a precedence to all MY state enterprises that the whip will come if they don't work hard enough. No "bumi" mentality can save them.

(edited)

you are too optimistic with msia companies ...

from bankrupt and rebrand to a new company ... new people new style ... short term gain ... yes

to make the company fly ... that's a whole new challenge

just like any msia resort or hotel ... first 3 years sibei tok kong ... after 3 years sibei lok kok ...

first need to cut 20% FAT

then can talk how to compete with competitor ...

why people will choose to fly with MAS or MAB which the entire image already tarnished ...

The new CEO is an experienced aviation tough nut. He already said that he's paid to change anything. The MAS staff would be mentally prepared.

They have to retrench everyone first, because the name "MAS" will be terminated. The new name will then offer new employment contracts (wtih different employment terms) to those re-employed staff.

I think MY did something right this time. They finally woke up from their sleep.

This will set a precedence to all MY state enterprises that the whip will come if they don't work hard enough. No "bumi" mentality can save them.

post-7984-0-01513100-1432638509_thumb.png

Edited by Wt_know

Twincharged

you are too optimistic with msia companies ...

from bankrupt and rebrand to a new company ... new people new style ... short term gain ... yes

to make the company fly ... that's a whole new challenge

just like any msia resort or hotel ... first 3 years sibei tok kong ... after 3 years sibei lok kok ...

first need to cut the 20% FAT

the in line with competitor to be competitive

then talk how to compete with competitor ... why people will choose to fly with MAS or MAB and not competitor

No choice, he have to made the difficult decision.

Turbocharged

errrrrrr.............. first quarter earning up .... [thumbsup]

Why pull up socks.. :slow:

This new CEO is not any tom, dick or harry.