How to prevent car from being stolen.

Recently there is a case of 2007 Honda Stream being stolen in JB Tesco Tabrau carpark inside the building. This made me worry on the security of JB shopping centre building management and made me too scare to drive to JB.

Is there any good ways to prevent from theft of car? Is our current keyless entry with smart key smart enough to deter the car thief? Should we park with head in or head out? Is there any good security equipment we should install to our car to prevent such incident happening?

↡ Advertisement

I also want to know. My usual practice is head in, turn the wheel to face the direction that make it harder to reverse. Wheel lock applied. But i just fall short of putting those physical wheel lock.

Hypersonic

Recently there is a case of 2007 Honda Stream being stolen in JB Tesco Tabrau carpark inside the building. This made me worry on the security of JB shopping centre building management and made me too scare to drive to JB.

Is there any good ways to prevent from theft of car? Is our current keyless entry with smart key smart enough to deter the car thief? Should we park with head in or head out? Is there any good security equipment we should install to our car to prevent such incident happening?

buy a car which is not popular to JB thieves

:D

• Praise 4

there was a post about wheel locks in the past ......... quite solid from the youtube ,

• Haha! 1

My $0.02 - things like look for carpark with security, drive head in, turn wheels right/left and apply steering locks are all we can actually do. Because think about it, if they really want to steal your car, they will somehow just enter in your car, start the ignition and then drive away. Surely the days of towing the car away is gone and why, because thieves have come up with faster and technologically advanced methods.

Overall, I believe driving to JB is still relatively safe as long as you do your homework and not act like some son of bigshot :)

• Praise 1

Preventive measurements:-

Drive a very old & dirty car preferably with rust showing on the bonnet.

Drive a car with 1 flat tyre preferably at driver's side.

Other preventive measurement.

Keep a pig/dog in a car.

• Praise 1

IMO, if scare don't go JB. Want to go JB don't be scare.

I still go in - either take public transport or friend or relative driving. Anyway I am very poor in road direction and so I do not often go JB, even with GPS still confused.

Turbocharged

I think there's a way to disable the car without spending money on those high-tech gadgets. Those technology stuff is just to suck vehicle owners money. I remembered watching a movie about this fella taking a fuse out from the bonnet, which disables the car totally. So there is no way the thief can drive off with the car even with the car key, unless he get a tow truck.

Same analogy about the story of how American space program spend millions of dollars research on the use of pen in space, on the other hand the Russians simply use pencil.

• Praise 2

(edited)

FYI Proton is the most popular

:D

And be the #1 target of car thieves ? Proton is most targeted leh.. 2nd is Perodua. A far third is Toyota - common models such as Wish, Altis, Camry.

Wah, didn't know. Guess its the safest here in S'pore only. LOL.

I think there's a way to disable the car without spending money on those high-tech gadgets. Those technology stuff is just to suck vehicle owners money. I remembered watching a movie about this fella taking a fuse out from the bonnet, which disables the car totally. So there is no way the thief can drive off with the car even with the car key, unless he get a tow truck.

Same analogy about the story of how American space program spend millions of dollars research on the use of pen in space, on the other hand the Russians simply use pencil.

And tow truck is what those thief are using bro.

Edited by Kingkong
  • Praise 1

Supercharged
(edited)

ermm, why no one thought of this?

a quick release on the steering wheel?

when locked your car, take out your steering wheel, either place in the boot and lock it or carry it with you... in a bag..

doable?

i don't believe the theft will actually bring a spare steering wheel with boss kit out in most days.

Edited by Kurty
  • Praise 3

5th Gear

ermm, why no one thought of this?

a quick release on the steering wheel?

when locked your car, take out your steering wheel, either place in the boot and lock it or carry it with you... in a bag..

doable?

i don't believe the theft will actually bring a spare steering wheel with boss kit out in most days.

Mr Bean did this. [laugh]

• Praise 1

Ya. Either remove steering wheel or remove one wheel. Dont think they carry spare correct size steering wheel or wheels. [grin]