• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
1015 replies to this topic | 704 praises

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:39 PM

Darryl
  • Premium member
    Darryl
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anybody knows when is this new SUV coming to town?

https://www.hyundaiu...all-new-tucson/

Angcheek praised this

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:52 PM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I dunno when it will arrive, but if it's coming really soon I sure hope it's with their new turbocharged engine.

Given SG's slow homologation process and our dealers being slow in general, I would expect it to arrive at least after August. If I recall, when I inquired about it a month or two ago, they did also say they expect it late Q3~mid Q4 of this year.

Edited by 7hm, 29 May 2015 - 03:55 PM.

Angcheek praised this
Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

Dabbler in digital graphics, computer assembly, tech and photography.
「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:05 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I dunno when it will arrive, but if it's coming really soon I sure hope it's with their new turbocharged engine.

Given SG's slow homologation process and our dealers being slow in general, I would expect it to arrive at least after August. If I recall, when I inquired about it a month or two ago, they did also say they expect it late Q3~mid Q4 of this year.

I don't think Komoco will bring the turbo engine, which is a pity.. :pissed-off:

Angcheek praised this

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:10 PM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I don't think Komoco will bring the turbo engine, which is a pity.. :pissed-off:

If they don't, it will be a really silly decision since nowadays people here are accepting turbos... even the Ford Focus now no turbo people also end up buy smaller Fiesta as a result.

And it probably won't be a lot more expensive, since both are Category B anyway [hur]

Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:30 PM

MQX87511
  • MQX87511
    4th Gear
    Author Image

https://www.hyundaiu...all-new-tucson/

wah! quite impressive, hopefully Komoco bring 1.6L TC at 175bhp, 7 Speed DCT the one instead of 2.0L NA, which spend more road tax but less power

Angcheek praised this

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:35 PM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Supercharged
    Author Image

If they don't, it will be a really silly decision since nowadays people here are accepting turbos... even the Ford Focus now no turbo people also end up buy smaller Fiesta as a result.

And it probably won't be a lot more expensive, since both are Category B anyway [hur]

don't understand why Singapore ADs don't want import TC, especially those Jap/Kor brand ADs, hot weather reason?

forget about Jap brands actually don't have too much TC, but Kor brands all have TC version in China.

Angcheek praised this

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:43 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

At least for buyer, the road tax will be cheaper with 1.6L turbo.

If they don't bring in the too basic spec car is consider very good already.

don't understand why Singapore ADs don't want import TC, especially those Jap/Kor brand ADs, hot weather reason?

forget about Jap brands actually don't have too much TC, but Kor brands all have TC version in China.

USA driving in the dessert and summer in some city much higher than Singapore.

While the city driving condition in USA city like San Francisco and near by Silicon Valley area are also very crowded in the peak hours.

Edited by Tohto, 29 May 2015 - 04:46 PM.

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:44 PM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Supercharged
    Author Image

At least for buyer, the road tax will be cheaper with 1.6L turbo.

if  Komoco really bring in 1.6TC version, sure kill Xtrail, Outlander, Qashiqa, CRV, RAV4, Tiguan, Q3, X1 etc,

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:48 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

if  Komoco really bring in 1.6TC version, sure kill Xtrail, Outlander, Qashiqa, CRV, RAV4, Tiguan, Q3, X1 etc,

No. Will not happen.

There are still a lot of Sillypore driver cannot accept Korea car. My office already had a few example already.

They will rather go for a very basic spec and more ex japan car than a full spec cheaper Korea car.

Othello praised this

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:20 PM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    6th Gear
    Author Image

maybe it's OMV thing also... Komoco seem to be targetting extra low OMV since people say the latest Elantra Elites have poor spec. TC engine usually have higher OMV.

「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:27 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I always find Hyundai design cannot stand out. The sister company KIA actually has better designs. I just dun like the "Killed In Action" badge but that's just me.

Night King

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:42 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I always find Hyundai design cannot stand out. The sister company KIA actually has better designs. I just dun like the "Killed In Action" badge but that's just me.

Last time Hyundai design nicer than KIA. But after they have become same boss, KIA design seems to looks nicer than Hyundai?!

Anyway, this new Tucson looks similar like the current santa fe.

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile.
Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:46 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Not much modding option. Japanese and German makes have more accessories, body kits and power upgrade options.

Last time Hyundai design nicer than KIA. But after they have become same boss, KIA design seems to looks nicer than Hyundai?!

Anyway, this new Tucson looks similar like the current santa fe.

The Qashqai and X-trail also looks similar.

Night King

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:00 PM

Micb
  • Premium member
    Micb
    4th Gear
    Author Image

With the talk of smaller cc engine with TC, there are definitely many advantages over a NA engine.

I would like to check what is the view of fellow bro/sis here about the suitability of TC engine vehicle, if used for a typical sales related job, where the owner will make several short-medium trip around SIngapore, with frequent start-stop runs.

Do you think a TC engine is suited for this travel pattern, given the weather and humidity in SIngapore.  

My take, if based on the older school of thought, heat may be a major issue to a TC engine, leading to a shorter lifespan.

All views welcome!   

Edited by Micb, 29 May 2015 - 11:01 PM.

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:33 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

With the talk of smaller cc engine with TC, there are definitely many advantages over a NA engine.

I would like to check what is the view of fellow bro/sis here about the suitability of TC engine vehicle, if used for a typical sales related job, where the owner will make several short-medium trip around SIngapore, with frequent start-stop runs.

Do you think a TC engine is suited for this travel pattern, given the weather and humidity in SIngapore.  

My take, if based on the older school of thought, heat may be a major issue to a TC engine, leading to a shorter lifespan.

All views welcome!   

Small cc TC engines are tuned for efficiency and fuel economy. The boost pressure is less dan 1 atmospheric bar. It just help the car get over its weight from standstill to get up to cruising speed. It's not tuned for performance. I know ppl see turbo means performance. If you drive like you normally do there's nothing to worry about. This type of TC engine is tuned for long term reliability. If you do a lot of short trips do not get the turbo diesel, get the turbo petrol.

Night King

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:47 PM

Porche
  • Premium member
    Porche
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Design not too bad, own a hyundai before. The only thing is their parts wear out faster than jap made

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:50 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Design not too bad, own a hyundai before. The only thing is their parts wear out faster than jap made

Did the recent Hyundai cars, their parts still wear out faster than jap made? Or they have improved on this?

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile.
Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:53 PM

Porche
  • Premium member
    Porche
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Did the recent Hyundai cars, their parts still wear out faster than jap made? Or they have improved on this?

No know. My last hyundai let go 4.years ago.

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:39 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Rear abit look like new jeep suv. Forgot the name.

Nice but somehow i prefer sportage design
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:17 AM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    6th Gear
    Author Image

In terms of design, I find the European designed i40 is super stylish. The KIA Optima is nicer than the Sonata, but I like the i40 even more. I also find Elantra overall more attractive exterior than the Forte (too round and bulbous for my taste) with its more business like styling.

But the facelifted i40 is a step backwards on the front imo, I liked the curved line of DRLs underlining the projectors and the new hexagon grill is too Audi-like for my taste. The old one with the 'mouth' strut in the middle is much more unique.

If Hyundai offer me the i40 facelift estate model with the 2.2L CRDi though I think I would hoot haha.

Edited by 7hm, 30 May 2015 - 01:18 AM.

「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Back to Korean Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users