New Hyundai Tucson

Darryl

spoke to taxi uncle and all who drive the sonata and Kia always say, when its new for 3 months only, very good, after 3 months reliability issue from engine to aircon to gearbox.

but taxi company still continues to buy... I wonder why...

↡ Advertisement

Saw the new Tucson over the weekend. Liked it and booked. First time booking a new car so not sure if I got a good pre-launch deal. My se kept saying pre-launch sure best deal, hopefully that is true. Looking forward to bros who booked as well to share the deal they got.

Whats the price and features you got for the car?

Saw the new Tucson over the weekend. Liked it and booked. First time booking a new car so not sure if I got a good pre-launch deal. My se kept saying pre-launch sure best deal, hopefully that is true. Looking forward to bros who booked as well to share the deal they got.

Whats the price and features you got for the car?

List price is 147999. Pre-launch discount is 5k. COE rebate at 72k.

http://www.hyundai.com/sg/en/Shopping/ShoppingTools/PriceList/index.html

Free solar film, 1 year road tax and 3 years servicing which is pretty standard.

Only 1 trim and pretty good except no in-built nav and infotainment screen. Only radio/USB/CD player with Bluetooth connectivity. As it just arrived on the weekend, my se has no idea what are the upgrades and accessories available because the sales training for Tucson has not started yet.

Free solar film, 1 year road tax and 3 years servicing which is pretty standard.

Only 1 trim and pretty good except no in-built nav and infotainment screen. Only radio/USB/CD player with Bluetooth connectivity. As it just arrived on the weekend, my se has no idea what are the upgrades and accessories available because the sales training for Tucson has not started yet.

bro, this price is for the 2.0 petrol (non-turbo) engine, correct?

• Praise 1

(edited)

Thanx for the info, seems Nissan Qashqai cheaper and with infotainment, reverse camera and in-built nav somemore. Disappointing.. hopefully they will offer some upgrades. I'm sure the interior will look better with a proper infotainment screen. Saw them on the Hyundai websites of other countries like US etc.

It comes with paranomic roof and power tailgate right?

Edited by Darryl
  • Praise 2

Engine is 2.0 NA. Reverse camera is on the rear view mirror. Comes with panoramic roof and powered tailgate. The demo unit does not have the powered tailgate but the final version will have.

Test drove the qashqai but the cvt killed it for me. In terms of drive and kit, I think the Mz cx-5 comes closer which is why I think Hyundai priced it closer to the cx-5 than qashqai.

• Praise 2

Engine is 2.0 NA. Reverse camera is on the rear view mirror. Comes with panoramic roof and powered tailgate. The demo unit does not have the powered tailgate but the final version will have.

Test drove the qashqai but the cvt killed it for me. In terms of drive and kit, I think the Mz cx-5 comes closer which is why I think Hyundai priced it closer to the cx-5 than qashqai.

Thanx for all the info. Gonna go take a look at the showroom.

Thanx for all the info. Gonna go take a look at the showroom.

Please do feedback if you manage to get a better deal. We can all benefit with the knowledge shared.

• Praise 1

Please do feedback if you manage to get a better deal. We can all benefit with the knowledge shared.

Sure I'll share if I do make a booking. But most probably I'll wait awhile for more options esp on their infotainment. Hate a normal CD player kind. Will go down take a look first.

• Praise 1

Facial looks like a copy of Mazda CX5

I think it looks better than cx 5. Maybe because of its proportion. Went to the showroom last weekend, find its the most handsome SUV among the competitors when looking at it in real instead of looking at pictures on the net. And it's really spacious with reasonably large boot space.

However the demo car is a disaster in terms of equipment level. The sales guy was embarrassed to show me the kind of equipment the car has. When all its competitor have nice touchscreen infotainment system, you won't believe what Hyundai brought into singapore. I think they have gone back 5 years.

It doesn't do these sales ppl justice when the company don't bring in cars equipped enough to put them on the same level of playing field as the rest like qashqai etc.

Of course if the price is really good then there will be takers but from what a bro here has paid, I think we deserved more. The car buyers nowadays are well informed and have lots of choices. It's such a pity. Hope they do bring in a better equipped variant, At least on par with their competitors. Even XV has touchscreen.

Of course the above is my two cents worth, maybe not all will agree.

Turbocharged
(edited)

I think it looks better than cx 5. Maybe because of its proportion. Went to the showroom last weekend, find its the most handsome SUV among the competitors when looking at it in real instead of looking at pictures on the net. And it's really spacious with reasonably large boot space.

However the demo car is a disaster in terms of equipment level. The sales guy was embarrassed to show me the kind of equipment the car has. When all its competitor have nice touchscreen infotainment system, you won't believe what Hyundai brought into singapore. I think they have gone back 5 years.

It doesn't do these sales ppl justice when the company don't bring in cars equipped enough to put them on the same level of playing field as the rest like qashqai etc.

Of course if the price is really good then there will be takers but from what a bro here has paid, I think we deserved more. The car buyers nowadays are well informed and have lots of choices. It's such a pity. Hope they do bring in a better equipped variant, At least on par with their competitors. Even XV has touchscreen.

Of course the above is my two cents worth, maybe not all will agree.

Hyundai's upper models such as Tucson usually have good equipment list, but are still using old-style infotainment system with monochrome blue screens, or the small 4-inch-ish ones.... Don't understand why they are never bringing in the 7~8" touchscreen navigation-capable units. They really should...

Edited by 7hm

spoke to taxi uncle and all who drive the sonata and Kia always say, when its new for 3 months only, very good, after 3 months reliability issue from engine to aircon to gearbox.

but taxi company still continues to buy... I wonder why...

You mean 3 years lah.. Haha.. What 3 months... I have spoken to them before also.

What they have covered in 3 years would be a mileage of 270,000km.. More than what one would cover in 10 years.

• Praise 1

(edited)

FC combined cycle is indicated as 26mpg so in about 13km per litre

i like the design, kimchi design is getting very good

Edited by Dice
  • Praise 1

Bro, got ur COE yet? Managed to get any rebates?

↡ Advertisement