New Hyundai Tucson

Darryl

When to test drive the Santa Fe the other day and saw the new Tucson. Looks really modern and really awesome in the flesh. Lots of goodies available but I prefer a 7 seater SUV. Didn't make any bookings but had an awesome time at Hyundai

↡ Advertisement

Better wait a while for touchscreen hu, now oredi included in some existing range like santa fe n elantra, n hopefully leather wrapped steering wheel.

Maybe it's only me but I find that with so many competitors around all having touchscreen HU, what Hyundai offered is a joke. Quite ridiculous to buy a car today with such an old-fashion HU. And with such a price tag some more.

• Praise 1

Maybe it's only me but I find that with so many competitors around all having touchscreen HU, what Hyundai offered is a joke. Quite ridiculous to buy a car today with such an old-fashion HU. And with such a price tag some more.

definitely not only u feelin this way, even the lower end models like mz2 i saw have a much better specs for media functions, just a notch / 2 lower than audi mmi. hyundai always lidat - early batches always have "basic" hu.

When to test drive the Santa Fe the other day and saw the new Tucson. Looks really modern and really awesome in the flesh. Lots of goodies available but I prefer a 7 seater SUV. Didn't make any bookings but had an awesome time at Hyundai

santa fe less spacious than tucson due to added 2 seats at 3rd row; even flatten 3rd row seats and move 2nd row to most rear, still lesser legroom as compared to latter.

Already booked the car and should be deliver next week.

I am also disappointed with HU right from the beginning, Any suggestion of where can I get the panel changed so that I can insert a Pioneer 8750bt?

I want to maintain steering wheel control to the system.

Regards

Hi bro, nice to see another join the Tucson family. I would also like to upgrade the HU so if you do come across something, do drop me a note. Are you also considering doing paint protection for the new ride?

I am also disappointed with HU right from the beginning, Any suggestion of where can I get the panel changed so that I can insert a Pioneer 8750bt?

Regards

Regards

Nice. Congrats! What's the price they gave you? Really as per list price?

Did u ask the SE if its possible to upgrade the HU?

Hi bro, nice to see another join the Tucson family. I would also like to upgrade the HU so if you do come across something, do drop me a note. Are you also considering doing paint protection for the new ride?

Yes i am considering that but yet to know what kind of polish will komoco be doing for me.

Siera gloss is attractive to me

Yes i am considering that but yet to know what kind of polish will komoco be doing for me.

Siera gloss is attractive to me

SE claimed unable to do anything to the HU and as I booked the car back in July, I get 5k lesser than the selling price now

Regards

Actually not sure why you need a touch screen? Usually the steering wheel will have the controls you need (change mode, station, volume up and down). That way you can keep your eyes on the road (and your hands on the steering wheel) while doing whatever you need to do. I have driven cars which have touch screen HU but found a bit unsafe to have to look at the screen and then aim for the button to press.

Most suspect Komoco want to target minimum OMV for models such as Elantra or Tucson, as the turbocharged models are usually more expensive. Furthermore they can probably re-use existing spare part stock on this 1.6 engine...

The difference in OMV for Veloster NA and TC is like $2k only leh...a TC Tucson will definitely lift it above the competition. I think most people won't mind paying extra $5k or more for TC version.

Edited by Kar_lover

Turbocharged

Actually not sure why you need a touch screen? Usually the steering wheel will have the controls you need (change mode, station, volume up and down). That way you can keep your eyes on the road (and your hands on the steering wheel) while doing whatever you need to do. I have driven cars which have touch screen HU but found a bit unsafe to have to look at the screen and then aim for the button to press.

The difference in OMV for Veloster NA and TC is like $2k only leh...a TC Tucson will definitely lift it above the competition. I think most people won't mind paying extra $5k or more for TC version.

$2k increase in OMV for a car above $20k OMV is equivalent to an extra $4,800-ish in "basic car cost". Yes, maybe there are people who don't mind paying for it, but in Singapore, Korean brand, people thinking more of the lowest priced car possible liao. [dizzy]

If you ask me, I would bring in the TC engine, if I was Komoco. But I am not Komoco so I cannot tell you what is going on with their decision makers. Could even be that the Korean HQ says no.

Edited by 7hm

Wanna a touchscreen HU to replace the original is more to the comestic side.

Do not wish to tolerate a small blue screen HU.

• Praise 1

Got my tucson yesterday. Still in the running period n family enjoying every moment.

Congrats! What Color did u get? Did u managed to upgrade the HU?

Got my tucson yesterday. Still in the running period n family enjoying every moment.

Congrats! I am still waiting for my SE to tell me when I can collect. A little bit disappointed cos I booked so early and yet still waiting. Gonna call my SE first thing in the morning.

Congrats! What Color did u get? Did u managed to upgrade the HU?

Mine is the pepper grey.

Still searching for the HU's solution.

Thinking of fixing speakers n amp first. Will that be ok in ur opinion?

Congrats! I am still waiting for my SE to tell me when I can collect. A little bit disappointed cos I booked so early and yet still waiting. Gonna call my SE first thing in the morning.

When u booked?

What color u went in for?

By chance, are u the 1st customer whom booked the blue?

I booked mine since late July.

Mine is the pepper grey.

Still searching for the HU's solution.

Thinking of fixing speakers n amp first. Will that be ok in ur opinion?

When u booked?

What color u went in for?

By chance, are u the 1st customer whom booked the blue?

I booked mine since late July.

Yes, I was told by my SE that I am the first customer and I booked the Ara blue. How did you come to know about the 1st customer booking the blue colour? Called my SE and now even more disappointed. No registration done and most probably going to do it on Tuesday and collection likely to be next week with no commitment to the date was the first reply. It was not until I told my SE that others have already collected that the reply changed to I will try rush it for you. I was like @#%^ because when I asked for an update on the status on 3 Sep, I was told in process and documents submitted. Now, tell me registration not done yet. This is no way to treat your first customer.

↡ Advertisement