New Hyundai Tucson

Darryl

Those who buy Tucson after the new regulation, may I know what is the interest rate komoco offered?

I think they quoted 2.8, but I got mine at 2.68 as I showed I got 2.68  and approved by other banks.  So Komoco matched the rate, but in-house.

But I actually signed 4 hours before Mas announced the new reg.  But Komoco allowed me back the next day and redo the contract under the new reg, allowing to upgrade from Basic to SR at the same time!

And today I got my COE!

1st round too!

Amazing, despite the 7K rise.

Komodo is truly aggressive!

Mind sharing how much they bid for you? And how long is your loan period?

loan period is 5 yrs.

got option for 7 years, but I thought I want to be out of debt earlier.

the final amount bid was a not much above the final bid. what is important they went in very aggressive,  but the bids still kept climbing.  I already gave up with 45 minutes to go as the the bids were going up up and up.  but I checked in 1 minute after bidding closed and was very surprised Komoco revised the reserved price significantly higher than the original reserved price.

Very aggressive indeed!

salute and respect!

• Praise 1

loan period is 5 yrs.

the final amount bid was a not much above the final bid. what is important they went in very aggressive,  but the bids still kept climbing.  I already gave up with 45 minutes to go as the the bids were going up up and up.  but I checked in 1 minute after bidding closed and was very surprised Komoco revised the reserved price significantly higher than the original reserved price.

Very aggressive indeed!

salute and respect!

Same for me..I booked my car after the COE went down to 38K. The next bidding actualy went up by 8K but Komoco bid aggressively and I got the COE for the first bid. Kudos to them.

Those who buy Tucson after the new regulationï¼ may I know what is the interest rate komoco offered?

Bro, you still haven't bought your car?

Komoco built-in in a very large margin I guess... from the Sgcarmart, it seems their margin is only $20,000 or so... so after you knock off $7000 to absorb the sudden surge in COE, still got $13,000 so still not bad margin... can survive quite well.

loan period is 5 yrs.

the final amount bid was a not much above the final bid. what is important they went in very aggressive, but the bids still kept climbing. I already gave up with 45 minutes to go as the the bids were going up up and up. but I checked in 1 minute after bidding closed and was very surprised Komoco revised the reserved price significantly higher than the original reserved price.

Very aggressive indeed!

salute and respect!

Can share what was the original reserve price and what was the revised price?

Komoco built-in in a very large margin I guess... from the Sgcarmart, it seems their margin is only $20,000 or so... so after you knock off $7000 to absorb the sudden surge in COE, still got $13,000 so still not bad margin... can survive quite well.

Can share what was the original reserve price and what was the revised price?

I think not advisable to publish the info here as it exposes Komoco's bidding strategy.

Supercharged

5 year warranty it's also a marketing strategy. The longer the warranty the rest assured you are. The rest assured you are, the more willingly are you to buy their cars. But if certain problem happens, they will tell you is due to wear and tear not cover under the 5 years warranty. Similar to some other authorized dealer. The prices of the parts they quote you will definitely marked up 10- 30 percent. Not forgetting the long waiting time. So many Hyundai cars on the road, the longer they take to rectify the problem. As for me, I will take first 10-20k mileage to detect all problems. By 20k-30k mileage, I will say bye bye Komoco for the great after sales service. Specially their long waiting time no matter is their customer service, normal servicing or problem solving. Try out yrself to believe. Please don't quote me, but I'm utterly disappointed with their after sales service. Their car model and quality is comparable but their service hmmm... Keeps me pondering

Sorry i have to disagree. I am in my 4th (out of 5) years warranty. Few months ago, ignition coils spoilt and they replaced all FOC. Long waiting time is not only KMC. Some of the german luxury brands, you can't even get back your car on the same day for normal servicing. KMC still have the "express service" option which if you have nothing to repair, you can opt for it and it is like 1 or 2 hours only.

haha.. I already signed the dotted line b4 the MAS had changed the regulation. I just try to be kaypo a bit and also doing some 'marketing' on loan. I just want to see if I stay with my current loan package better or I re-apply the loan based on the new regulation better.

Just want to see if bank lower the interest rate if the loan tenure is longer. To see whether I can pay the same amount of interest but with lesser instalment per month.

• Praise 1

haha.. I already signed the dotted line b4 the MAS had changed the regulation. I just try to be kaypo a bit and also doing some 'marketing' on loan. I just want to see if I stay with my current loan package better or I re-apply the loan based on the new regulation better.

Just want to see if bank lower the interest rate if the loan tenure is longer. To see whether I can pay the same amount of interest but with lesser instalment per month.

When I re-signed the next due to MAS reg change, the interest for both 5 and 7 years were calculated at 2.68%.

Hi All,

I checked Tuscon 2016 for Malaysia and its assembled locally in Malaysia.  Seems like their SR version (labelled as Executive) has the original factory fitted touch screen + navi.  Would be curious to try this one.  And then can use CarPlay and AndroidAuto.....

Malaysian selling price about RM143K

Maybe can shop accessories too.  I see they got original floor mat, etc..

Congrats on your purchase..

So you bought the Tucson in the end? or sway back to Sonata?

• Praise 5

Wow Tucson SR price has gone up to 133,599. Heng ar, I bought it at 113,999. That almost 20K. If I were to wait till today I wouldn't be able to afford it. Gosh!

• Praise 1

(edited)

Congrats on your purchase..

So you bought the Tucson in the end? or sway back to Sonata?

lol. My heart said Sonata but my brain told me Tucson. haha..because my family voted SUV after our Perth trip last month.

For my driving habit sedan is more suitable due to low CG and also Sonata has more feature than Tucson.

Edited by Kennethoka
↡ Advertisement