New Hyundai Tucson

Darryl

I was driving the Santa Fe for 9 years without any major issues. I wanted to change to the new Santa Fe but I found that the Tucson and the Santa Fe is overpriced. With that kind of budget, I believe you have alot of choice.

Maybe you want to look elsewhere for better choice.

not many SUVs at the 100-120 price point...only kia sportage,kia niro, vezel, nissan qq, forester

↡ Advertisement

great...i am driving a hyundai as well....so far so good...

do you think 121k {130k-8k(CNY promo)-1k(existing hyundai owner)} is good price for the S/R version? or able to push lower?

now list price is 129k (128999), -8k-1k, should be 120k

now list price is 129k (128999), -8k-1k, should be 120k

yep...thats the 1.6 turbo..which is not feature packed....im looking at the 2.0 S/R version..

by the way, the new tucson is pretty rare on the road...compared to forester, harrier, vezel, qq..

Edited by villan

yep...thats the 1.6 turbo..which is not feature packed....im looking at the 2.0 S/R version..

by the way, the new tucson is pretty rare on the road...compared to forester, harrier, vezel, qq..

"rare" is a advantage, why do you expect so many people driving same car as you? 

I was driving the Santa Fe for 9 years without any major issues. I wanted to change to the new Santa Fe but I found that the Tucson and the Santa Fe is overpriced. With that kind of budget, I believe you have alot of choice.

Maybe you want to look elsewhere for better choice.

Pricing is relative lar... Hyundai won't cost more than Honda or Toyota... it's just you're comparing prices to the lower prices between Mar to May last year... maybe this year at the same time, the same dip will occur... I think usually Mar to May is the dry period for car showrooms...

Pricing is relative lar... Hyundai won't cost more than Honda or Toyota... it's just you're comparing prices to the lower prices between Mar to May last year... maybe this year at the same time, the same dip will occur... I think usually Mar to May is the dry period for car showrooms...

better to wait ?

I would think should wait a bit more... let the pre-CNY backlog clear first...

i see...you reckon KM can do better than the current 8k off promotion?

The lowest price was last year at $104K... the Sonata was at $103K, this was the next round pricing after the Cat B COE crashed to $38K unexpectedly. Then the price went back to $114K, and the Sonata went back to $113K for three rounds of COE bidding, and then it slowly rose back to $120K and more... I think the price has been more or less stable at $120K or so... all pricing refers to base model...

You can check the price history at Sgcarmart... click the 24 months history and check the months in which the prices were lowest... the current price isn't too far away from the lowest sustained pricing... so there's room to dip more... by about $5K or so...

I believe 5k off the listed price is the norm but I do see 8k off once in awhile. Trade off from getting it at discounted price is 1 year or no free servicing and lower coe rebate. Given the high margin of Tucson, shouldn't be a problem securing coe at discounted price. Whether to wait for better pricing will depend on how urgently you need it, nobody can guess the future pricing and when will the price be the lowest. Best is get it at a price you are comfortable and don't look back.
  • Praise 1

I believe 5k off the listed price is the norm but I do see 8k off once in awhile. Trade off from getting it at discounted price is 1 year or no free servicing and lower coe rebate. Given the high margin of Tucson, shouldn't be a problem securing coe at discounted price. Whether to wait for better pricing will depend on how urgently you need it, nobody can guess the future pricing and when will the price be the lowest. Best is get it at a price you are comfortable and don't look back.

thanks for your inputs, if they do a promo of 8k, i guess there is no room to push further right? at most nego for freebies and trade in value only?

Edited by villan

thanks for your inputs, if they do a promo of 8k, i guess there is no room to push further right? at most nego for freebies and trade in value only?

Well no harm trying to push for more just don't set expectation too high. To me 120k is already a good buy, prices for Tucson don't fluctuate that much, u can look at the prices for last 6 month

Korean cars in this era are make to last so I don't think you should worry too much about their reliability.

I am driving a Hyundai for 9 years and is still serving me well.

For parts I usually get them from stockist like Song Yi and prices are generally alot cheaper than Komoco's.

Same as you, I am also looking at the Tucson [laugh][laugh]

Same here, my tucson is 9yo n a mth. Pretty reliable n comfortable. I'm even thinking to renew coe since it's running so smooth. Or maybe play by ear these few mths..

Though I may noy be getting 2l car..

Same here, my tucson is 9yo n a mth. Pretty reliable n comfortable. I'm even thinking to renew coe since it's running so smooth. Or maybe play by ear these few mths..

How's the servicing costs like?

Any breakdown or failure in your 9 years of ownership?

But heard this car FC very high?!

Reasonable FC to me, around 8km/L for 100% city stopping at traffic light every 100m. 70%highway30%city around 12-13km/l and 100% highway 15-16km/l. For your info I'm not light footed. Occasionally using sports mode and always first car off traffic lights.

Reasonable FC to me, around 8km/L for 100% city stopping at traffic light every 100m. 70%highway30%city around 12-13km/l and 100% highway 15-16km/l. For your info I'm not light footed. Occasionally using sports mode and always first car off traffic lights.

that's not too bad for a SUV. my 7year old 1.6 hyundai hatch is doing 10km/L 

• Praise 1

Well no harm trying to push for more just don't set expectation too high. To me 120k is already a good buy, prices for Tucson don't fluctuate that much, u can look at the prices for last 6 month

Actually can look at the past 12 months... pretty steady price wise...
↡ Advertisement