New Hyundai Tucson

Darryl

I second that... only the back still can see the rest of it forget it...

Your bro bought the 1.6T S version (6 air bags) or the non S (2 air bags)? Can PM me the SE. Thanks..

Non-S version.

The SE is from Alexandra branch, if you need the SE (he's pretty honest and upfront as compared to other salesmen), please PM me then I go get the contact from my bro. Thank you.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Could you share your view on the Tucson vs harrier turbo as in price to value since both have different pricing and specs. Didn't want to post on the harrier thread since some are opinionated view over there. Thanks

I think the price difference between Tucson and Harrier turbo a bit too big (>$30k). If I have the money, I would go for Harrier. But with a budget of <$120k, I think Tucson or 3008 are probably the closest competitors.

Hi bros,

I am getting a Tucson, But cannot really decide between the below:

2.0 GLS Sunroof (A)

1.6 GLS DCT Turbo S (A)

Really like the idea of having a sun roof.

Any owners advises?? Thanks!!

Hi bros,

2.0 GLS Sunroof (A)

1.6 GLS DCT Turbo S (A)

What's price like for both?

Anyway I drive a Sonata with a panoramic sunroof. I never open it for any drives... the only time I open it is when I drive home in the afternoons and open it to air the car... so don't bother...

The 1.6 turbo is better... saves you a lot of fuel and much zippier to drive... definitely highly recommended.

Hi bros,

2.0 GLS Sunroof (A)

1.6 GLS DCT Turbo S (A)

Go for the 1.6, it saves fuel, road tax and the engine is much better than the MPI 2.0. I test drove both and felt like the 2.0 is a little under powered. 

Hi Guys

Dilemma now over Tucson 1.6T vs Peugeot 3008 1.2T. Pricing about the same but Peugeot's interior is so much better although French cars are still questionable... 

Hard to decide... Any advice?

Go for Peugeot and you won't regret. Peugeot's new car now has better build quality and has good looking interior that will still be fresh for years to come. The Tucson's interior is very boring and outdated, Peugeot will def be pleasing to drive and look at everyday. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Hi bros,

2.0 GLS Sunroof (A)

1.6 GLS DCT Turbo S (A)

Go for the 1.6 DCT turbo. You'll kick yourself later for buying a NA 2.0 w lesser torque

What's price like for both?

Anyway I drive a Sonata with a panoramic sunroof. I never open it for any drives... the only time I open it is when I drive home in the afternoons and open it to air the car... so don't bother...

The 1.6 turbo is better... saves you a lot of fuel and much zippier to drive... definitely highly recommended.

Thanks!! My wife was against the sunroof, while I was the one insisting. Was thinking of forgoing the sun roof now after doing the comparison.

• Praise 1

Go for the 1.6, it saves fuel, road tax and the engine is much better than the MPI 2.0. I test drove both and felt like the 2.0 is a little under powered. 

Go for Peugeot and you won't regret. Peugeot's new car now has better build quality and has good looking interior that will still be fresh for years to come. The Tucson's interior is very boring and outdated, Peugeot will def be pleasing to drive and look at everyday. 

Thanks ya! I am sticking to Korean & Japanese cars for my second ride.

Go for the 1.6 DCT turbo. You'll kick yourself later for buying a NA 2.0 w lesser torque

Haha.. Thanks! Now deciding between S or Non-S

Thanks!! My wife was against the sunroof, while I was the one insisting. Was thinking of forgoing the sun roof now after doing the comparison.

I think sunroof aside, most importantly you have to test drive the 2 version. You have to like how the way it drive, some prefer 2.0 over 1.6t and others vice versa. There's quite some differences between the 2. As for sunroof it makes the car look more luxurious from inside and the only use for it is to air hot air after parking under hot sun. Still is up to personal preferences.
  • Praise 2

Good that you have these options to choose from.

When i got mine, only had Turbo, no Turbo S. So i chose the S/R instead.

First question: do you have a family that you will be fetching around with the vehicle? Or are you single and just want a SUV?

If you have a family, then I think no need consider, pay the $5k more and take the S. The deal breaker is the difference of 6 airbags in the S, vs only 2 in non-S. That's the reason why i dropped the Turbo and went for S/R instead.

If they had a Turbo with 6 airbags, I would have chosen it instead.

The S/R is useful if you want to let out hot air if the vehicle has been parked under hot sun for long time. Otherwise, it's also useful for the kids to from time to time stand up there shiok shiok take photo or for them to show off to their cousins... Plus also useful for the passengers to look at the high-rise during a drive. But note that if it's opened, it's quite easy for dust to get - and stay - into the car. So got good points, but not all that good...

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Take the S and enjoy the car to the fullest. Got more airbags & stuff. Diff of only $5k ok lah.
  • Praise 1

If it was me I'd go for the S version. 5K is just a little premium for more safety and comfort features.

• Praise 2

(edited)

If it was me I'd go for the S version. 5K is just a little premium for more safety and comfort features.

Anyone here got any idea or info on the Lawsuit Filed over Issues with Hyundai's Dual-Clutch Transmission in Hyundai Tuscon 1.6T in US?

Does it affect the ones selling in Singapore? I am keen in Hyundai Tuscon too. Thanks

http://www.releasewire.com/press-releases/lawsuit-filed-over-issues-with-hyundais-dual-clutch-transmission-765009.htm

https://www.facebook.com/topclassactions/posts/10154594193817040

http://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2016/hyundai-dual-clutch-transmission-dct-lawsuit.shtml

https://www.google.com.sg/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=VKXrWM3ICJSW8QfOgILADw&gws_rd=ssl#q=Hyundai+DCT+Lawsuit+&spf=1499775750293

Edited by Mahjong74
  • Praise 1

I don't think they affect the ones in Singapore. Back in Sept 2016 Hyundai recalled those built from 20th to 31st May 2016. Anyways Hyundai has since rectified it, but then there have been a handful of cases here and there of this problem. Obviously, Koreans are not really on top of the game with any transmission technology. My previously owned 2011 Kia Optima also had the similar problem with the gearbox. 

I think sunroof aside, most importantly you have to test drive the 2 version. You have to like how the way it drive, some prefer 2.0 over 1.6t and others vice versa. There's quite some differences between the 2. As for sunroof it makes the car look more luxurious from inside and the only use for it is to air hot air after parking under hot sun. Still is up to personal preferences.

Thanks ya! Would be going down to test drive. Waiting for PM reply for the recommended best price SE.

Good that you have these options to choose from.

When i got mine, only had Turbo, no Turbo S. So i chose the S/R instead.

First question: do you have a family that you will be fetching around with the vehicle? Or are you single and just want a SUV?

If you have a family, then I think no need consider, pay the $5k more and take the S. The deal breaker is the difference of 6 airbags in the S, vs only 2 in non-S. That's the reason why i dropped the Turbo and went for S/R instead.

If they had a Turbo with 6 airbags, I would have chosen it instead.

The S/R is useful if you want to let out hot air if the vehicle has been parked under hot sun for long time. Otherwise, it's also useful for the kids to from time to time stand up there shiok shiok take photo or for them to show off to their cousins... Plus also useful for the passengers to look at the high-rise during a drive. But note that if it's opened, it's quite easy for dust to get - and stay - into the car. So got good points, but not all that good...

Thanks bro. I am married. Of cos it's safety first for my choice then!!

Take the S and enjoy the car to the fullest. Got more airbags & stuff. Diff of only $5k ok lah.

Yuppers!! Thanks!!

Thanks bro!

Went to KMC for a test drive two weeks ago for the Hyundai Ioniq and Tucson 1.6Turbo.....

The test drive model of the Tucson 1.6T come with sunroof which is good during the hot afternoon which we can let the hot air out when you get into the car which had been parked under the sun. 

Driving the Tucson 1.6T feels the engine is sufficient as compared to my old Tucson 2005 model.  It also come with Sport Mode setting and Eco Mode.  Eco Mode also don't feel any under power for a car with more than 1.3 tons kerb weight.  

Price might be a bit on the high side but if can, go for the full spec and full body kits.

• Praise 2

Went to KMC for a test drive two weeks ago for the Hyundai Ioniq and Tucson 1.6Turbo.....

The test drive model of the Tucson 1.6T come with sunroof which is good during the hot afternoon which we can let the hot air out when you get into the car which had been parked under the sun.

Driving the Tucson 1.6T feels the engine is sufficient as compared to my old Tucson 2005 model. It also come with Sport Mode setting and Eco Mode. Eco Mode also don't feel any under power for a car with more than 1.3 tons kerb weight.

Price might be a bit on the high side but if can, go for the full spec and full body kits.

Komoco at Alexandra? I thought 1.6 doesn't come with sunroof

Anybody know if 1.6L Turbo S comes with front parking sensors? The brochure shows "Front & Rear park assist (PAS)" but SE said only Rear sensor and the brochure is an international version which may not come with all the features indicated. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2