New Hyundai Tucson

Darryl

Check the airbag locations... it's embossed all over the car... SRS...

Thanks bro!!

Exactly...

Thanks all!!

Hi all,

I am looking at F800 from Thinkware. Any recommendation for dealer for sales and installation in the North?? Thanks!!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Any bros experienced this? I top fuel to full tank but indicator did not show full..

Nope. Never experienced this before.

Probably something wrong with the fuel tank sensor? If after another 1-2 more pump still the same thing then better go back and get Komoco to check.

Nope. Never experienced this before.

Probably something wrong with the fuel tank sensor? If after another 1-2 more pump still the same thing then better go back and get Komoco to check.

It's not like a lot.. just a bit more to full.. as my previous ride.. I let the kisok uncles fill up.. I did noticed in the past they still manually pump after auto cut off.. is it a must for real full tank?

Any bros experienced this? I top fuel to full tank but indicator did not show full..

I think i only pumped full tank once, when i went JB in June.

Other times i always pump $50 or $100 cos using the petrol vouchers.

On the occasion I pumped full, it was ok.

But one strange observation. I tried to stinge on the day i went JB. Pumped only $50 (using voucher) the evening before in Sengkang (the only station that has discount), thinking that $100 would be too full (since only need 3-quarter to enter JB). The indicator reached just little bit over half (there was still about one quarter when i pumped).

Then on way to Tuas, went to look for esso thinking of pumping only $20 will reach 3-quarter mark. 

At Jurong, after $20, indicator not even near 3-quarter. Looked like only move one-eighth when i needed it to move one-quarter...

So i pumped another $10 more, and to my horror, it still hasn't touched the 3-quarter mark  [bigcry]

Had to pump yet another $10 for it to cross the 3-quarter mark... 

So i had pumped $40 without voucher.

Really regretted it - should have pumped $100 at Sengkang the day before....

Agree but the sunroof model will affect my payment plan, from 30% DP to 40% DP due to the higher OMV. Also, changing now may affect and elay my car collection schedule which is now eta July.

Thanks noted. It would have been nice if this feature is included in the base model. Anyway, my SE advised me that every batch of cars will comes with different surprises, hopefully good ones. :)

Hi bros....i just booked a Tucson 2.0L GLS base model yesterday but it came with Auto Hold and Electronic Parking Brake button....mine is a 8 bids non-guaranteed....any problems so far for the fuel sensor when pumped full tank?

Hi bros....i just booked a Tucson 2.0L GLS base model yesterday but it came with Auto Hold and Electronic Parking Brake button....mine is a 8 bids non-guaranteed....any problems so far for the fuel sensor when pumped full tank?

Wow! Got electronic parking brake! That's brilliant!

Hi.. The Tucson owners have shifted their discussions to facebook. You might want to visit

Hi any Tucson watsapp chat grp set up so far? I just booked a Tucson 2.0L GLS yesterday and I came from a Kia Sorento watsapp chat grp which i find quite beneficial like exchanging ideas and accessories lobangs at workshops and also sharing any technical problems on the ride. If have such a chat grp, can add me in? If no such chat grp, can think it over and maybe its good to kickstart a Tucson watsapp chat grp?

Yup i was surprised too leh but no blind spot detection lor

I had a very positive experience (and some points for improvement) about the new 1.6T Tucson since the collection 2 days ago. Can't bear to return it tomorrow (may I return my old one instead??? [:p] )

This ride is a far cry from my existing one which already gave me some positive experiences I had with a Korean ride but didn't find it in Jap ones. Those concerned with badge please "blindfold" yourself to try this ride out. It is by far my best driving experience (in dry weather). Even compared to an AWD SUV mated to CVT.

Exterior - instead of resembling an SUV, this somewhat a raised hatch, maybe a CUV cum SUV; this needs no intro. My ride is silver. Under certain lighting condition, may mistake as white if in well-maintained condition. Black plastic trim on wheel arc & skirt gives it a sporty / rugged feel.

Features - given a 1.6T, comes with keyless entry, e-tailgate, corner light, chrome door handle w welcome light. also has see-me-home light if set to auto headlight. wing mirror unfolds when u near front door even before pressing button on door handle to unlock. Key fob also has tailgate open / close button; cover is nice color of brown / gray depend on lighting - very special color; hope to have it as car color.

Interior - gettin in is easier since it being raise hatchback instead of full SUV. being all-black & local fitted leather, nothing to shout about. but leather is taut, interior space as good as prev except less headroom. driver gets electric seats adjustment w e-lumbar adjustment. steering is reach & rake adjustable. Gear knob nice to hold & button on it is matt chrome very classy though cannot see if u don't purposely notice. Centre console box cum armrest can be a lil longer i feel though no issue w resting of elbows for me n partner. Aircon is cold even during hot weather (new car noted). All buttons & steering control (incl cruise control but not adaptive) well put with no freeplay. Blind spot detection avail for my trim. Seats are relatively firm but comfy (as a gauge i can only say not as firm as contis like BMW X1 / Land Rover Disco); front headrest can be moved up n forward. my model dunno wc model - aircon is manual adjust using knobs. rear seats has centre armrest w cupholders.

ride - chassis feel taut when going over humps at an angle. very stable ride (dry weather tested only); doesn't panic when depress accel during bends. have engine sound, but also power. doesn't feel like 1.6T, more like 1.8T - 2T. accel til 3-figure speeds still stable; i thot was 2-figure speeds. when travel at 80-90 i thot was 60. on Kumho tyres (not conti / jap tyres) some more. on 17" alloys, over uneven surfaces / humps / strips felt comfy when going over. nvh insulation is definitely better than some rivals like the Harrier - engine makes lotsa noise but car doesn't move as urgently. I enjoyed listening to music on board a car for first time (prev cars all BnB type so road noise affected enjoyment of music). Engine note nice to hear. paired w DCT, gear shift pretty seamless, though i expected it to changed gear a lil faster.

ICE - as if Hyundai hired acoustic engineer; with such sound system n sound quality, don't waste money to upgrade speakers and amps and HU. output can match / beat those cars with few grands spent on ICE. 8" supposedly locally fitted HU c/w 10-band EQ, Galactio GPS (need some getting used to as I'm used to TomTom format), sound n video file playability (so far no issues with all my sound / video files), able to display foreign language (mine has Jap ). However, I'd prefer touch sensitivity & search speed a lil sensitive & faster respectively.

Likes - better than expected performance, handling, NVH and ICE

Improvement - price can be lower, nicer color options (e.g. pearl white, mandarin gold)

Conclusion - I got hooked to driving the 1.6T Tucson; may I return the old one instead???

Pls note I'm not trying to advertise for Hyundai, but I genuinely found it a very competent contender in its category. I'm currently driving a 9yo one and am switching to another Jap ride due to family needs and not wanting to spend beyond 110k for a new car.

Hi, the 1.6L Turbo has welcome light under the door handles? Is it also available on the 2.0L GLS version?

The DCT is dry or wet clutch?

Confirmed dry clutch. I just asked my SE yesterday when i booked my Tucson.

• Praise 2

Hi any Tucson watsapp chat grp set up so far? I just booked a Tucson 2.0L GLS yesterday and I came from a Kia Sorento watsapp chat grp which i find quite beneficial like exchanging ideas and accessories lobangs at workshops and also sharing any technical problems on the ride. If have such a chat grp, can add me in? If no such chat grp, can think it over and maybe its good to kickstart a Tucson watsapp chat grp?

I got a tucson club form from Komoco. Have not fill up and emailed back yet.

I had a very positive experience (and some points for improvement) about the new 1.6T Tucson since the collection 2 days ago. Can't bear to return it tomorrow (may I return my old one instead???   [:p] )

This ride is a far cry from my existing one which already gave me some positive experiences I had with a Korean ride but didn't find it in Jap ones. Those concerned with badge please "blindfold" yourself to try this ride out. It is by far my best driving experience (in dry weather). Even compared to an AWD SUV mated to CVT.

Exterior - instead of resembling an SUV, this somewhat a raised hatch, maybe a CUV cum SUV; this needs no intro. My ride is silver. Under certain lighting condition, may mistake as white if in well-maintained condition. Black plastic trim on wheel arc & skirt gives it a sporty / rugged feel.

Features - given a 1.6T, comes with keyless entry, e-tailgate, corner light, chrome door handle w welcome light. also has see-me-home light if set to auto headlight. wing mirror unfolds when u near front door even before pressing button on door handle to unlock. Key fob also has tailgate open / close button; cover is nice color of brown / gray depend on lighting - very special color; hope to have it as car color.

Interior - gettin in is easier since it being raise hatchback instead of full SUV. being all-black & local fitted leather, nothing to shout about. but leather is taut, interior space as good as prev except less headroom. driver gets electric seats adjustment w e-lumbar adjustment. steering is reach & rake adjustable. Gear knob nice to hold & button on it is matt chrome very classy though cannot see if u don't purposely notice. Centre console box cum armrest can be a lil longer i feel though no issue w resting of elbows for me n partner. Aircon is cold even during hot weather (new car noted). All buttons & steering control (incl cruise control but not adaptive) well put with no freeplay. Blind spot detection avail for my trim. Seats are relatively firm but comfy (as a gauge i can only say not as firm as contis like BMW X1 / Land Rover Disco); front headrest can be moved up n forward. my model dunno wc model - aircon is manual adjust using knobs. rear seats has centre armrest w cupholders.

ride - chassis feel taut when going over humps at an angle. very stable ride (dry weather tested only); doesn't panic when depress accel during bends. have engine sound, but also power. doesn't feel like 1.6T, more like 1.8T - 2T. accel til 3-figure speeds still stable; i thot was 2-figure speeds. when travel at 80-90 i thot was 60. on Kumho tyres (not conti / jap tyres) some more. on 17" alloys, over uneven surfaces / humps / strips felt comfy when going over. nvh insulation is definitely better than some rivals like the Harrier - engine makes lotsa noise but car doesn't move as urgently. I enjoyed listening to music on board a car for first time (prev cars all BnB type so road noise affected enjoyment of music). Engine note nice to hear. paired w DCT, gear shift pretty seamless, though i expected it to changed gear a lil faster.

ICE - as if Hyundai hired acoustic engineer; with such sound system n sound quality, don't waste money to upgrade speakers and amps and HU. output can match / beat those cars with few grands spent on ICE. 8" supposedly locally fitted HU c/w 10-band EQ, Galactio GPS (need some getting used to as I'm used to TomTom format), sound n video file playability (so far no issues with all my sound / video files), able to display foreign language (mine has Jap ). However, I'd prefer touch sensitivity & search speed a lil sensitive & faster respectively.

Likes - better than expected performance, handling, NVH and ICE

Improvement - price can be lower, nicer color options (e.g. pearl white, mandarin gold)

Conclusion - I got hooked to driving the 1.6T Tucson; may I return the old one instead???

Pls note I'm not trying to advertise for Hyundai, but I genuinely found it a very competent contender in its category. I'm currently driving a 9yo one and am switching to another Jap ride due to family needs and not wanting to spend beyond 110k for a new car.

One of the reason why I chose Tucson 1.6 turbo is that I find the Subaru Forrester turbo kick-in a bit too sudden and powerful to handle for myself as a first-timer turbo driver. I find Tucson turbo kick-in very smoothly without the overly powerful push effects.

• Praise 1

I got a tucson club form from Komoco. Have not fill up and emailed back yet.

warn you first... this one is co-managed by one of the owners too, i think. Can have delays in getting accepted, and shouldn't complain much since it's just one of the owners doing part-time...

In any case, not very useful one. I think only once/twice a year komoco sponsor some food for some meet-up.

Which one is the GLS? The basic? If the basic, it didn't come with electronic parking brake or auto tailgate or sunroof...

You mean now upped the specs liao?

We have a facebook group started by one of the member here.

You can do a search in FB by keying in "All-new Hyundai Tucson Singapore"

No whatsapp group as far as I know.

Edited by KoreanLover

BTW, anyone - esp those driving the Tucson - got this problem with the aircon blowing and misting up the bottom part of your windscreen during wet days?

Aircon was set to blow only at passenger, not at legs nor at windscreen. 

Can enlarge to see clearer...

post-17508-0-16584300-1507520476_thumb.jpg

We have a facebook group started by one of the member here.

You can do a search in FB by keying in "All-new Hyundai Tucson Singapore"

No whatsapp group as far as I know.

Thanks a lot!!

• Praise 1

warn you first... this one is co-managed by one of the owners too, i think. Can have delays in getting accepted, and shouldn't complain much since it's just one of the owners doing part-time...

In any case, not very useful one. I think only once/twice a year komoco sponsor some food for some meet-up.

Which one is the GLS? The basic? If the basic, it didn't come with electronic parking brake or auto tailgate or sunroof...

You mean now upped the specs liao?

Ya the basic GLS 2.0L w/o sunroof but came with auto hold and electronic parking brake but no electronic tailgate. Electronic tailgate can be installed outside after market for abt $1k plus.

• Praise 2

Hi, the 1.6L Turbo has welcome light under the door handles? Is it also available on the 2.0L GLS version?

Confirmed dry clutch. I just asked my SE yesterday when i booked my Tucson.

Not sure bro, didn't check beyond cos wanted a cheaper n more fuel efficient ride
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1