Man shot dead near Shangri-La Hotel After incident

Petamore

Man shot dead, 2 others detained in incident near Shangri-La hotel

PUBLISHED ON MAY 31, 2015 8:21 AM 191 45 0 0

SINGAPORE - A man was shot dead and two others were detained in an incident near the Shangri-La hotel at 4.36 am on Sunday, police said.

The trio was earlier stopped at a police vehicular checkpoint set up along Ardmore Park, police said in a Facebook post.

When asked to open the car boot for checks, the driver suddenly accelerated the vehicle towards Anderson Road. Despite police warnings to stop, the driver continued to crash through police barricades, endangering the lives of the officers.

Police opened fire at the vehicle to stop further danger. The vehicle subsequently stopped at the junction of Orange Grove Road and Anderson Road.

Substances believed to be drugs were found on one of the persons detained.

Police are in control of the situation.

Orange Grove Road, Anderson Road and Ardmore Park are temporarily closed to facilitate police operations. Members of public are advised to stay away from the area.

Due to the ongoing Shangri-La Dialogue, security measures including vehicle and person check points have been put in place in the vicinity of the Shangri-La hotel.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/courts-crime/story/man-shot-dead-2-others-detained-incident-near-shangri-la-hotel-201#sthash.p8do90Cb.dpuf

↡ Advertisement

34978566_-_29_05_2015_-_singapore-asia-s

Photo: ST

MAN SHOT DEAD NEAR SHANGRI-LA HOTEL
May 31, 2015 8:37am

A man was shot dead and two others arrested near the Shangri-La hotel at 4.35 am on Sunday (May 31).

A police statement released today said the men had stopped at a police vehicular checkpoint set up along Ardmore Park.

The Shangri-La Dialogue is taking place at the hotel.

When asked to open the car boot for checks, the driver accelerated towards Anderson Road.

In spite of police warnings to stop, the driver continued to crash through the barricades, endangering the lives of the officers.

Police officers then opened fire on the vehicle.

The car stopped at the junction of Orange Grove Road and Anderson Road.

Substances believed to be drugs were found on one of the men arrested.

The police said Orange Grove Road, Anderson Road and Ardmore Park are temporarily closed for police operations.

Members of public are advised to stay away from the area.

Due to the ongoing Shangri-La Dialogue, security measures including vehicle and person check points have been put up in the area.

- See more at: http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-news/man-shot-dead-near-shangri-la-hotel-0#sthash.PxXCm9HO.dpuf

SG really not safe man....scary.

kudos to our guys who did the right thing

• Praise 3

Dumb or what?

Do drugs around Shangri la during this time?

they never read papers mah....that there is the security dialogue on now

oh well...another one bites the dust.

Dumb or what?

mus be kuku after consuming drugs tat brain never work. Sure big amount of drugs tats why willing to be hero

Dumb or what?

Suay suay kena road block, the shooting put more tension to the already alert security [sweatdrop]

Shangrila got some defence conference going on at same time?

Yes all the bigwigs. My tennis session opp I kena tight screening lol

Hmmmm skali someone der needed a fix? A rig to sabotage them?

Hmmmm... Naaah I think too much

Supersonic

Yes all the bigwigs. My tennis session opp I kena tight screening lol

Must call up ISD and ask them to give you a thorough cavity examination. Then the whole security detail must repeat the examination personally, just to be thorough.

One can never be too careful, especially with you. :D

Must call up ISD and ask them to give you a thorough cavity examination. Then the whole security detail must repeat the examination personally, just to be thorough.

One can never be too careful, especially with you. :D

Lol..... Dun play play

Turbocharged

Suay suay kena road block, the shooting put more tension to the already alert security [sweatdrop]

I got insider story that they actually put up a show for the visitors to see only.

Don't tell anyone ok?

I got insider story that they actually put up a show for the visitors to see only.

Don't tell anyone ok?

The guy they shot crash test dummy ?

Shangrila got some defence conference going on at same time?

No lah think they having mahjong session

School hols mah😜

• Praise 1

Don't tell anyone ok?

Did anyone try to piece together the news article chronology? It seems the car was stopped to be checked for the boot, but the drugs was later found on the body of one of them.. just to think a bit deeper, if the guys wanted to get away they could have just played it cool and sit in the car while the driver went to open the boot for the police to check.. there would be nothing found there and they could get away scot free... 2 scenarios i can think of :

1) the 3 of them panicked and ran, .. bec looking at the security details in the vicinity most likely is they panicked after seeing so many heavily armed police..

2) this case is not abt the contraband but something more sinister but covered up... bec of my supposition above..

Also how many shots are needed to stop the car and shot the driver dead?? Hollywood not pakeh ah.. esp the car is zooming away.. me thinks at least a few mags emptied from MP5 and more than a few cops fired at the same time.. ?

• Praise 3
  • Dislike 1

Did anyone try to piece together the news article chronology? It seems the car was stopped to be checked for the boot, but the drugs was later found on the body of one of them.. just to think a bit deeper, if the guys wanted to get away they could have just played it cool and sit in the car while the driver went to open the boot for the police to check.. there would be nothing found there and they could get away scot free... 2 scenarios i can think of :

1) the 3 of them panicked and ran, .. bec looking at the security details in the vicinity most likely is they panicked after seeing so many heavily armed police..

2) this case is not abt the contraband but something more sinister but covered up... bec of my supposition above..

Also how many shots are needed to stop the car and shot the driver dead?? Hollywood not pakeh ah.. esp the car is zooming away.. me thinks at least a few mags emptied from MP5 and more than a few cops fired at the same time.. ?

You could b right. The drugs is alibi as opposed to a bigger and deeper intention

You could b right. The drugs is alibi as opposed to a bigger and deeper intention

Yup, thats what i tot after the day news on the teen isis and also the top defence conference at shang... Joe Biden is here .. the fact the police were swift to open fire and without hesitation (not normal, given the kiasi-ness of having to explain discharged firearms), means something was expected and they were prepared to stop anything with any means.. then later give "reasons"...

34978566_-_29_05_2015_-_singapore-asia-s

Photo: ST

MAN SHOT DEAD NEAR SHANGRI-LA HOTEL

May 31, 2015 8:37am

A man was shot dead and two others arrested near the Shangri-La hotel at 4.35 am on Sunday (May 31).

A police statement released today said the men had stopped at a police vehicular checkpoint set up along Ardmore Park.

The Shangri-La Dialogue is taking place at the hotel.

When asked to open the car boot for checks, the driver accelerated towards Anderson Road.

In spite of police warnings to stop, the driver continued to crash through the barricades, endangering the lives of the officers.

Police officers then opened fire on the vehicle.

The car stopped at the junction of Orange Grove Road and Anderson Road.

Substances believed to be drugs were found on one of the men arrested.

The police said Orange Grove Road, Anderson Road and Ardmore Park are temporarily closed for police operations.

Members of public are advised to stay away from the area.

Due to the ongoing Shangri-La Dialogue, security measures including vehicle and person check points have been put up in the area.

- See more at: http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-news/man-shot-dead-near-shangri-la-hotel-0#sthash.PxXCm9HO.dpuf

SG really not safe man....scary.

kudos to our guys who did the right thing

Ya....been noticing....getting unsafe.....

Reminds us to be alert in our deemed safe environment.....don't take safely for granted...

↡ Advertisement