Summer transfer window 2015 - All news, rumours and prayers

Osprey23

(edited)

Everton have agreed a £5.5m fee with River Plate for the transfer of Argentina defender Ramiro Funes Mori. (Source: Liverpool Echo)

Hopefully not to replace Stones

Another confirmed deal:

Manchester City have confirmed the signing of former Valencia defender Nicolas Otamendi for £30.7m.

Edited by Osprey23
↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Pedro signs for Chelsea Football Club after negotiations broke down with Manchester United.

:TT_TT: :TT_TT:

• Praise 1

According to AS, Chelsea have made a £32m bid for AS Monaco forward Anthony Martial.

Now, who was it complaining earlier in the window that his rivals are spending a lot? Hmm

• Praise 1

Gab Marcotti article on Pedro. He has some valid points n I'm surprised Barca willing to let him go now n for that price! Know it's his release clause but it was much higher before n with Barca not allowed to buy this window, strange decision to me. He costs the same as Rahman, though structure maybe different!

http://www.espnfcasia.com/blog/marcotti-musings/62/post/2571054/barcelona-could-rue-pedro-exit-as-insurance-up-front

And I kind of agree with the author or contributor of this article.

Very valid points.

• Praise 1

And I kind of agree with the author or contributor of this article.

Very valid points.

He wants to leave. Barcelona knows they are taking a risk letting him go but still willing to do so fulfil his wish. To many this may sounds strange but looking away from footballing reasons for Barcelona to keep him, there is also the humanity angle for Barcelona to let him go for game time he craves.

He wants to leave. Barcelona knows they are taking a risk letting him go but still willing to do so fulfil his wish. To many this may sounds strange but looking away from footballing reasons for Barcelona to keep him, there is also the humanity angle for Barcelona to let him go for game time he craves.

When Barca does this, they are considered humane.

When Chelsea n in particular Roman does this for Cech and in his case even worse cos sell to direct competitor, don't hear any praises.

Sorry bro O23, this not directed at you but to football's preferred clubs ie the establishment/old boys club.

• Praise 6

big risks as Barca cant sign players this window unless the players can wait it out for 6 months w/o playing.

Pedro will still get plenty of game time at Barca as he basically is the 1st choice back up for any of the front 3.

I think more than just game time, Pedro is no longer satisfied filling the role of a backup or impact player. He wanna be assured of regular starting place. The problem is whether Chelsea can afford that to him? Their front 3 attackers behind Costa is also currently heavily contested.

Edited by Fooblack
  • Praise 1

big risks as Barca cant sign players this window unless the players can wait it out for 6 months w/o playing.

Pedro will still get plenty of game time at Barca as he basically is the 1st choice back up for any of the front 3.

I think more than just game time, Pedro is no longer satisfied filling the role of a backup or impact player. He wanna be assured of regular starting place. The problem is whether Chelsea can afford that to him? Their front 3 attackers behind Costa is also currently heavily contested.

As you might already know, I'm not particularly fond of the 2 Spanish giants cos of their normally bullying tactics (guess most of the big clubs do this but those 2.....) but must admit that they did bend backwards to accommodate Pedro n possibly at their expense.

If Pedro hits the ground running, he will be a permanent fixture in the 3 behind Costa cos only Hazard is assured of a role there n maybe Wiliian cos of his industry. Pedro on the right wing is definitely a possibility cos no one Chelsea player has put his stamp down yet unlike the other wing. My 2 cents.

• Praise 3

(edited)

When Barca does this, they are considered humane.

When Chelsea n in particular Roman does this for Cech and in his case even worse cos sell to direct competitor, don't hear any praises.

Sorry bro O23, this not directed at you but to football's preferred clubs ie the establishment/old boys club.

No leh, I think Roman was given credit for his treatment of Cech. If JM got a say, Cech will never join Arsenal. However Roman overruled him, allowing Cech to choose his next club knowing his preference to stay in London. He even gave Cech a token sum as a parting gift iirc.

That is classy from Roman. Maybe I forgotten to post the link. My apology.

Also, crediting Barcelona on letting Pedro leaves despite their transfer ban is my personal take too. No papers are sucking up to them in this as well. Most are writing why they sell and they are stupid to sell.

Edited by Osprey23
  • Praise 2

No leh, I think Roman was given credit for his treatment of Cech. If JM got a say, Cech will never join Arsenal. However Roman overruled him, allowing Cech to choose his next club knowing his preference to stay in London. He even gave Cech a token sum as a parting gift iirc.

Also, crediting Barcelona on letting Pedro leaves despite their transfer ban is my personal take too. No papers are sucking up to them in this as well. Most are writing why they sell and they are stupid to sell.

you did posted a link that roman gave a 4M ang bao to cech thanking him for his service in blues.

• Praise 2

Apologies, I'm abit biased against Barca cos they are always being portrait as angels in the eyes of the world sporting press. I did read about Cech being given a parting gift but that's more of a factual report rather than a praise so got worked up when I thought Barca was again given praise by the press when other clubs doing this didn't get equal praise, if not more.

Anyway, we'll never know the real reason with regards to Pedro. Maybe Barca are really the angels this time! If that is proven, I'll have to eat my words I guess......

• Praise 5

Apologies, I'm abit biased against Barca cos they are always being portrait as angels in the eyes of the world sporting press. I did read about Cech being given a parting gift but that's more of a factual report rather than a praise so got worked up when I thought Barca was again given praise by the press when other clubs doing this didn't get equal praise, if not more.

Anyway, we'll never know the real reason with regards to Pedro. Maybe Barca are really the angels this time! If that is proven, I'll have to eat my words I guess......

You need to eat less lah :gangs:

• Praise 1

how about arsenal letting rvp go man u and nasri to city, etc......

• Praise 2

If you think Barca is bad, have a look at Real Madrid.

I may be a bit bias in favour of Barca but my personal take is that at least they accord respect to their players especially long serving ones like Xavi, Carlos Puyol etc.

You contrast that with how Casillas is being treated by Perez at Real Madrid (and this is the most recent incident) and there were numerous examples of their players including Fernando Hierro (yet another former captain) and coaches (such as Vincente Bosque) being unfairly treated and shown the door just hours after lifting the Champions League trophy.

• Praise 2

how about arsenal letting rvp go man u and nasri to city, etc......

I just took the one which was most recent ie Cech.

That said, Arsenal is more like no choice as in they got a good price and the players insisted to leave which would have led to disharmony even if forced them to stay.

Anyway, my point was more on Barca being portrayed as darlings of the press vs the other clubs.

• Praise 4

If you think Barca is bad, have a look at Real Madrid.

I may be a bit bias in favour of Barca but my personal take is that at least they accord respect to their players especially long serving ones like Xavi, Carlos Puyol etc.

You contrast that with how Casillas is being treated by Perez at Real Madrid (and this is the most recent incident) and there were numerous examples of their players including Fernando Hierro (yet another former captain) and coaches (such as Vincente Bosque) being unfairly treated and shown the door just hours after lifting the Champions League trophy.

I mentioned in reply to Foolback that BOTH the Spanish giants are bad IMO.

Agreed that how RM treat their Managers n long serving players is really [thumbsdown]

In this aspect, I do agree Barca is much, much better.

My piss with them is that the 2 of them are painted in the press as the clubs with the tradition, history, success and how it is an honour to play for them and they play the right way etc etc. In short they are Angels. They seem to be able to do everything they want without the same criticism other clubs would have been subjected to.

Eg The baiting of DDG is a disgrace, just pay up if you want him and not the nonsense of turning his head, tapping him up with sign on fees etc. Big club right? Then behave like a big boy and pay big money! Look at City, just pay up 49mil for Sterling and what they get? Accused of buying success etc. Different strokes for different folks I'm afraid!!

Barca, tapping up of youngsters but not much in the press to bad mouth them and in fact, some journos defended them that they provided and escape from poverty for the families of the youngsters. Chelsea "stole" 2 youngsters from Leeds few season back, IIRC one of them called Taiwo, they were lambasted in the press for using dirty Russian money to bully Leeds. Need I say more......

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6