• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic | 173 praises

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:00 PM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

received a SMS charges from Allterco-ATLC but I do not remember having subscribing to it, now charge me $16.00

Wife is worse, she kanna $100.00 [bounce1]

Anyone kanna this before, any way to get the telco to remove the charges?

Attached Thumbnails

• my sms bill.jpg
  • Wife sms bill.jpg

宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
Me, Mr Alfarleyfordadai, A citizen of Sillypore, pledge myself to strike all the highest prize. Based on TOTO, 4D or BIG SWEEP. So as to achieve prizes, prosperity and progress for my 4 kids, wife and wallet. GOT BUY GOT HOPE, NO BUY NO HOPE. [/color][/b]
[/color]

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:14 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

This operates like the copyright troll.  Just need a small percentage victims to gives in and pay , i'st worth their effort for trolling for money..

Mustank and FourZero praised this
You have eaten 10 curry puffs, 4 cakes and a tao sar boa.
You have drunk 10 cokes, and a jug of sarsi and I don't know how.
All you do is waddle, when the others run.
Eat a little less, play a little more.
You will find that life is a lot more fun than it was before.

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:35 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Call telco and complain.

They will usually waived it off if it's genuine case.

In the past, I kena a couple similar case.

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:36 PM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I google and find out that this is not a recent problem but this scam started a few years back, wife and I never subscribe to it and looks like the government are not doing much to stop this company from operating in Singapore  [mad]

Mustank praised this
宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
Me, Mr Alfarleyfordadai, A citizen of Sillypore, pledge myself to strike all the highest prize. Based on TOTO, 4D or BIG SWEEP. So as to achieve prizes, prosperity and progress for my 4 kids, wife and wallet. GOT BUY GOT HOPE, NO BUY NO HOPE. [/color][/b]
[/color]

Posted 01 June 2015 - 12:10 AM

Dark
  • Dark
    5th Gear
    Author Image

If you don't use any of the premium sms service and don't intend to use any, it is better to ask the telco to turn off premium service in order not to fall into such scam. 

Same for auto-roam service. 

Simpleonly and Mustank praised this

Posted 01 June 2015 - 12:30 AM

Simpleonly
  • Premium member
    Simpleonly
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Sorry to heard about your case bro... damm shit about this kind of comp.

http://forums.hardwa...am-4580084.html

For sharing can u advice if u kana something like that as mention in HWZ n u reply the sms?
Mustank and FourZero praised this

Posted 01 June 2015 - 12:48 AM

Simpleonly
  • Premium member
    Simpleonly
    5th Gear
    Author Image

http://info.singtel....ing-service/faq

Anyway I Google a bit and found this barring service for singtel.. activate it to prevent from nightmare...

Shit 3rd party !!
FourZero, Kklee and lausai88 praised this

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:42 AM

Ben5266
  • Premium member
    Ben5266
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

received a SMS charges from Allterco-ATLC but I do not remember having subscribing to it, now charge me $16.00

Check your sms.

You might have unknowingly signed up the sms service.

e.g. meal discount voucher, free apps download etc.

They will push lobang to you every week and it cost $25.

Yes, IDA should do something but as usual.... they are too busy with what ever.

Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:18 AM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ida will only do something when a tourist kena this and on their knee beg them for refund ......
Mustank and Soya praised this

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:53 AM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If you don't use any of the premium sms service and don't intend to use any, it is better to ask the telco to turn off premium service in order not to fall into such scam. 

Same for auto-roam service. 

Yap, I did that after I discover this in my bill.

宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
[/color]

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:57 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ida will only do something when a tourist kena this and on their knee beg them for refund ......

7d4c.jpg

Blackyv praised this

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:02 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Muz oso kena pizza hut delivery after that first. If not, dun lislurb them hor........ [sleeping]  [sleeping]  [sleeping]  [sleeping]

Mustank and Blackyv praised this

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:32 PM

BobbyTan_74287
  • Premium member
    BobbyTan_74287
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I suggest after Telco terminate the service, write a formal legal letter to them (or engage a small law firm) to demand them to refund you. Reason being you are not aware and you did not use the service. Someone must teach this type of bad company a lesson.

Cheers!
Bobby

Posted 02 June 2015 - 03:02 PM

ChickenMob
  • Premium member
    ChickenMob
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I also received charges from Starhub regarding the billing on behalf of third parties to them... I called them up and they ask me to talk to the 3rd party.

I straight away tell them in the face that I did not use this services and I was not going to talk to them, at the same time I draft a email to MDA and starhub citing that we do not need a degree holder to them that this is a scam. I had attached links to various emails regarding to this type of unauthorized billing on 3rd party vendors whom sent us emails asking us to sms them to unsubscribe their services.

after 2 days MDA called me and say they will look into this matter and Starhub also called up to tell me that the 3rd party had waived off all the charges on this billing.

then I draft a 2nd email to Starhub and MDA citing that I do not need this kind of services and told them not to bill on anyone's behalf as any purchase I need will be made on my credit card upon my own approval.....

Posted 02 June 2015 - 03:09 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Does this type of scam affect Prepaid service too? Credits kena scammed off?

Posted 02 June 2015 - 03:37 PM

BobbyTan_74287
  • Premium member
    BobbyTan_74287
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I also received charges from Starhub regarding the billing on behalf of third parties to them... I called them up and they ask me to talk to the 3rd party.

I straight away tell them in the face that I did not use this services and I was not going to talk to them, at the same time I draft a email to MDA and starhub citing that we do not need a degree holder to them that this is a scam. I had attached links to various emails regarding to this type of unauthorized billing on 3rd party vendors whom sent us emails asking us to sms them to unsubscribe their services.

after 2 days MDA called me and say they will look into this matter and Starhub also called up to tell me that the 3rd party had waived off all the charges on this billing.

then I draft a 2nd email to Starhub and MDA citing that I do not need this kind of services and told them not to bill on anyone's behalf as any purchase I need will be made on my credit card upon my own approval.....

Well done. It will be helpful if you can show our readers the way you write so that everyone know how to deal with the Telco.

Cheers!
Bobby

Posted 02 June 2015 - 03:44 PM

Ingenius
  • Premium member
    Ingenius
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I find it weird that why telcos can just let these companies bill us, without verifying that they have hard proof of the consumer's consent and intent.  Imagine some consumers just pay off their bill or auto deduct from giro without going through their statements, they would have been scammed, and every months ,there are bound to be many of them.  This kind of scam works because of the lax of telcos, not because of the brilliance of the scammers.  This system is totally unacceptable, and IDA is sleeping on the job.

Edited by Ingenius, 02 June 2015 - 03:45 PM.

ChickenMob praised this
Argueing with a fool proves there are two.

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:37 PM

ChickenMob
  • Premium member
    ChickenMob
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Well done. It will be helpful if you can show our readers the way you write so that everyone know how to deal with the Telco.

ermm.....the draft I left in the old office system.... :TT_TT:

when starhub insist that I call the 3rd party vendor to clarify the payment , I just told them right in the face that since I never

approve anything at my side I dun see the need why I need to talk to them. if they wanna collect the money I ask them to contact them as non of my business.

also the email to MDA with attachments of those victims post helps. MDA also referred back to me with a call for the follow-up and says they will open a file regarding this matters. but these companies change name faster that I change my underwear ZZzzZZzz.

insist on not paying, had seen some of the victims paid up due to the small amounts involved and some who never check the bills from the provider. they are waiting for these unsuspecting victims.........haiz

Does this type of scam affect Prepaid service too? Credits kena scammed off?

prepaid I think not able to do that....my other prepaid card do received some msgs....but credits intact.

Kangadrool praised this

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:24 PM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I suggest after Telco terminate the service, write a formal legal letter to them (or engage a small law firm) to demand them to refund you. Reason being you are not aware and you did not use the service. Someone must teach this type of bad company a lesson.

I call up SingTel and they agree to rebate me on all these charges (also on my wife's number) on my next 2 billings but I will have to pay it 1st, well better than nothing.

For SingTel, they advice me to subscribe to Premium Rate Service (PRS) Barring Service which will bar a specific mobile number from subscribing to chargeable mobile content and it is free.

Dark and lausai88 praised this
宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
[/color]

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:41 PM

ChickenMob
  • Premium member
    ChickenMob
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I call up SingTel and they agree to rebate me on all these charges (also on my wife's number) on my next 2 billings but I will have to pay it 1st, well better than nothing.

For SingTel, they advice me to subscribe to Premium Rate Service (PRS) Barring Service which will bar a specific mobile number from subscribing to chargeable mobile content and it is free.

Bro you better keep track of the charges.

mine I was told to ignore by Starhub and make the payments for the rest of the services excluding the 3rd party charges...

they contra it away in the following billing month.

Angcheek praised this

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: sms, scam, allterco, charges and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users