SMS charges from Allterco-ATLC

Vtim

received a SMS charges from Allterco-ATLC but I do not remember having subscribing to it, now charge me $16.00

Wife is worse, she kanna $100.00 [bounce1]

Anyone kanna this before, any way to get the telco to remove the charges?

post-319-0-54230900-1433084387_thumb.jpg

post-319-0-59006800-1433084394_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

This operates like the copyright troll. Just need a small percentage victims to gives in and pay , i'st worth their effort for trolling for money..

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Call telco and complain.

They will usually waived it off if it's genuine case.

In the past, I kena a couple similar case.

• Praise 5

I google and find out that this is not a recent problem but this scam started a few years back, wife and I never subscribe to it and looks like the government are not doing much to stop this company from operating in Singapore [mad]

• Praise 1

If you don't use any of the premium sms service and don't intend to use any, it is better to ask the telco to turn off premium service in order not to fall into such scam.

Same for auto-roam service.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

received a SMS charges from Allterco-ATLC but I do not remember having subscribing to it, now charge me $16.00

Check your sms.

You might have unknowingly signed up the sms service.

e.g. meal discount voucher, free apps download etc.

They will push lobang to you every week and it cost $25.

Yes, IDA should do something but as usual.... they are too busy with what ever.

If you don't use any of the premium sms service and don't intend to use any, it is better to ask the telco to turn off premium service in order not to fall into such scam.

Same for auto-roam service.

Yap, I did that after I discover this in my bill.

Supersonic

Ida will only do something when a tourist kena this and on their knee beg them for refund ......

Muz oso kena pizza hut delivery after that first. If not, dun lislurb them hor........ [sleeping][sleeping][sleeping][sleeping]

• Praise 2

I suggest after Telco terminate the service, write a formal legal letter to them (or engage a small law firm) to demand them to refund you. Reason being you are not aware and you did not use the service. Someone must teach this type of bad company a lesson.

I also received charges from Starhub regarding the billing on behalf of third parties to them... I called them up and they ask me to talk to the 3rd party.

I straight away tell them in the face that I did not use this services and I was not going to talk to them, at the same time I draft a email to MDA and starhub citing that we do not need a degree holder to them that this is a scam. I had attached links to various emails regarding to this type of unauthorized billing on 3rd party vendors whom sent us emails asking us to sms them to unsubscribe their services.

after 2 days MDA called me and say they will look into this matter and Starhub also called up to tell me that the 3rd party had waived off all the charges on this billing.

then I draft a 2nd email to Starhub and MDA citing that I do not need this kind of services and told them not to bill on anyone's behalf as any purchase I need will be made on my credit card upon my own approval.....

• Praise 6

I also received charges from Starhub regarding the billing on behalf of third parties to them... I called them up and they ask me to talk to the 3rd party.

I straight away tell them in the face that I did not use this services and I was not going to talk to them, at the same time I draft a email to MDA and starhub citing that we do not need a degree holder to them that this is a scam. I had attached links to various emails regarding to this type of unauthorized billing on 3rd party vendors whom sent us emails asking us to sms them to unsubscribe their services.

after 2 days MDA called me and say they will look into this matter and Starhub also called up to tell me that the 3rd party had waived off all the charges on this billing.

then I draft a 2nd email to Starhub and MDA citing that I do not need this kind of services and told them not to bill on anyone's behalf as any purchase I need will be made on my credit card upon my own approval.....

Well done. It will be helpful if you can show our readers the way you write so that everyone know how to deal with the Telco.

Turbocharged
(edited)

I find it weird that why telcos can just let these companies bill us, without verifying that they have hard proof of the consumer's consent and intent. Imagine some consumers just pay off their bill or auto deduct from giro without going through their statements, they would have been scammed, and every months ,there are bound to be many of them. This kind of scam works because of the lax of telcos, not because of the brilliance of the scammers. This system is totally unacceptable, and IDA is sleeping on the job.

Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 1

Well done. It will be helpful if you can show our readers the way you write so that everyone know how to deal with the Telco.

ermm.....the draft I left in the old office system.... :TT_TT:

when starhub insist that I call the 3rd party vendor to clarify the payment , I just told them right in the face that since I never

approve anything at my side I dun see the need why I need to talk to them. if they wanna collect the money I ask them to contact them as non of my business.

also the email to MDA with attachments of those victims post helps. MDA also referred back to me with a call for the follow-up and says they will open a file regarding this matters. but these companies change name faster that I change my underwear ZZzzZZzz.

insist on not paying, had seen some of the victims paid up due to the small amounts involved and some who never check the bills from the provider. they are waiting for these unsuspecting victims.........haiz

Does this type of scam affect Prepaid service too? Credits kena scammed off?

prepaid I think not able to do that....my other prepaid card do received some msgs....but credits intact.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1