Mitsubishi Electrial vs Mit heavy industrial

Rustyz

Hypersonic

Or daikin. Anyway all fan coil indoor units clog easily nowadays. The fancoils are made so compact. With regards to power consumption I think daikin is the best. mit electric also not too bad.

Anyway those who are not using inverter aircons should change them asap. The savings are enormous.

I'm not a fan of daikin.

My workplace uses them. While generally not unreliable, tend to have some small problems with like not cold despite frequent servicing/leaking etc.

Definitely noisier than starmex. More expensive than starmex by quite a bit.

Starmex also can specify level of the vane. Daikin cannot.

Generally Starmex got any issue, most of the time it's due to bad installer or not using a dedicated earth wire..

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

I got 3x System 3 Daikin at home.

The amount of money I've spent repairing and replacing it is pretty huge for air condition maintenance.

I've replaced the System 3 connecting my room, my brother's room and the 2nd living room, 3 times in 4-5years. The first one lasted very long, but the newer replacements like to drip water.

My suggestion is to not go for Daikin.

Also, I understood from an old aircon uncle that Inverter only saves money if the aircon is on 24/7? If not, money spent is about the same as those non-inverter types?

Poor install ah? maybe Heng or sway. Mine has no problems. My old Sanyo at my mums house lasted 15years. 1991-2006. And everyday on. Decided to change to daikin inverter to save money.

Old uncle doesn't know his shit la. I have a energy consumption monitor. I can easily see the lower power consumption of the inverter when the set temperature is reached. So many who have switch to inverter has seen some significant drop in power consumption. But of course you need to size the unit well. It's working at 100% all the time, then it's no diff.

Hypersonic

Inverter has 2 benefits.

One is quiet. Even my system one for my mbr is inverter.

2 is if u switching on only one fcu out of a system 3. Especially the room fcu. U can save a lot of electricity.

Hypersonic

MIne - whole house is Panasonic Aircons - going good already now for 9 years; Service once a year only, put in gas in two of them only once; the remote control LCD display becomes dark- i don't know why?? but still can make out the numbers faintly. Only bad experience was that I got cheated by the contractor (a big local AC company) they used wires made of aluminium which were copper coated; After 5 years , one of my AC kaput i called my normal air con servicing guy and he said - nothing wrong with the AC and he was puzzled and later he used his meter to check the wires and found that the mains wire to the compressor was copper coated on aluminium- Paid him $150/- for rewiring and brought the matter up to the Contractor whom installed the AC and claim ignorance and he cry mother/father saying his sub sub contractor must have done it; I complain to Spring Singapore and they also boh chap! and that they don't monitor on the quality of wires imported to Singapore & finally the contractor caved in and said he will replace all the wires of the AC's ; i did read on the internet that such things have been going on in with China imports and it was rampant in the early 2000's when copper prices shot up and they used aluminium instead (maybe); I dont really know if conductivity of electricity is affected when aluminum wires are used too; maybe any MCF's can highlight if they know about this happening around

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

For the past two weeks, I searching high and low for MIT electric inverter system 2.

So far, gain city the highest (about s$100 plus extra) among all competitors.

I asked few quotes from renotalk, waste time, their prices not cheap. Dont know who will look for them.

I will stay put with gain city for my 4th purchase with them.

Supercharged

Poor install ah? maybe Heng or sway. Mine has no problems. My old Sanyo at my mums house lasted 15years. 1991-2006. And everyday on. Decided to change to daikin inverter to save money.

Old uncle doesn't know his shit la. I have a energy consumption monitor. I can easily see the lower power consumption of the inverter when the set temperature is reached. So many who have switch to inverter has seen some significant drop in power consumption. But of course you need to size the unit well. It's working at 100% all the time, then it's no diff.

Probably. I do know I will not be getting Daikin anymore for sure.

Too much problems - ranging from blow hot air (5x), water leaks (3x), compressor gone kaput (2x), System light blinking (3x).

I had to shift the position of the unit in my room 3 times and I have one of the unit in a System 3 shut down for good, I've done so much maintenance to the Daikins, I shudder whenever a problem occurs.

Now I have a pail sitting under my room unit to collect the leaking water and probably due to the recent hot weather, the leakage has stopped, hopefully for good. :TT_TT:

Twincharged

Probably. I do know I will not be getting Daikin anymore for sure.

Too much problems - ranging from blow hot air (5x), water leaks (3x), compressor gone kaput (2x), System light blinking (3x).

I had to shift the position of the unit in my room 3 times and I have one of the unit in a System 3 shut down for good, I've done so much maintenance to the Daikins, I shudder whenever a problem occurs.

Now I have a pail sitting under my room unit to collect the leaking water and probably due to the recent hot weather, the leakage has stopped, hopefully for good. :TT_TT:

water leaks are 100% due to installation. i have never never had any water leaks before. i'm fussy and i always tell the aircon installer where to place the fancoil and how to run the water discharge pipe. i never listen to their "its ok one rubbish". unless they back it up with facts. i never had to clear the drainage pipes too. its all about the how you lay the pipes and their angle.

• Praise 1

I won't bother with MHI in singapore.

Mitsubishi electric is still the best AC in singapore. There's a reason why it has 70-80% of the market.

My own opinion, but something i've spent hours reading user opinions before 2-3 years back.

Higher power consumption MHI 3 tick ME 2 tick

MHI more electronic gadget higher risker of failure( anyway most plc offer 5 yr warranty) but my air con died on the 6th yr

I was recommended MHI but still looking around. heat wave coming, better hurry fix before they get too busy.

I went IMM and asked the average waiting time is 2-3 week.

I have been debating this also. My old Sanyo giving problems. I think the company has been taken over by Panasonic now.

My house has 5 splits inside and 3 compressors outside. Now one System 2 spoilt already. The other two (1x Single split and 1x System 2) on last legs.

Service guy recommends Panasonic. Dad/uncle/cousins/neighbours/friends/etc all say go Mitsu Heavy. But all the ads I see are for the Starmex from Mitsu Electric.

Whats so special about the MHI unit that everyone recommends I wonder.

Sanyo is one tough machine...the machine is of so higher standard that ppl dispose off after 20 yr when they are sian of it. my uncle is 1 such person.

MHI I heard is made in china, it has more fuction like self clean where ME dont have such fuction

I also dunno which is better

I wonder if MHI or ME make aircon for Mitsubishi cars.

No la diff branch..anyway my Mit colt aircon also so so only. Nissan 1 are the colder 1

they say servicing cheap. price not inflated like ME due to lack of ads.

Which coy? Service is the same time vacuum suck suck then wipe clean, I don't think have different in cleaning the 2 model

interesting, didnt know that. thanks for the info. any idea if the warranty for compressor is the same?

5yr warranty for compressor. 1 yr for fan unit.

Or daikin. Anyway all fan coil indoor units clog easily nowadays. The fancoils are made so compact. With regards to power consumption I think daikin is the best. mit electric also not too bad.

Anyway those who are not using inverter aircons should change them asap. The savings are enormous.

York air con 4 tick. MIM (malaysia) can wireless turn on and off air con. cheaper then mit but 500+ for system 4 Tia gong is the best energy saving.

water leaks are 100% due to installation. i have never never had any water leaks before. i'm fussy and i always tell the aircon installer where to place the fancoil and how to run the water discharge pipe. i never listen to their "its ok one rubbish". unless they back it up with facts. i never had to clear the drainage pipes too. its all about the how you lay the pipes and their angle.

Can pass some tip on this. How to achieve the angle for water to flow( The shop told me they installing bigger diameter,which does not help in flowrate). For me water leak is usually cause by jelly form in the condensate choking the pipe.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

1. need to site the aircon blower such that it blows at the area where you will be most of the time. eg if in a bedroom try to have the unit opposite your bed blowing at you. this way you can afford to set the temps maybe by 1deg higher and yet feel cool. if you fear too much draft, the lowest fan speed will just give a very gentle breeze.

2. the discharge pipe after leaving the blower unit must have a drop in height before running horizontal. the larger the drop the better. but this also depends on the layout of the house. if you have the pipe only running horizontal with a slight angle, for sure you will get "jelly and scum" in the pipes before long. if you have no choice but to run it horizontal immediately after leaving the blower, then try to keep it as short as possible, then have a drop or try to raise the height of the blower.

3. for condos and house it is slightly easier to run the pipes as you can conceal it and route it with more options that in a HDB.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Care to share what to look out for?

My bloody aircon always leaks 2-3 weeks after getting someone to service/repair it. I actually have a plastic bag tied to it to collect the water that falls down....

interesting, didnt know that. thanks for the info. any idea if the warranty for compressor is the same?

I can't remember. I bought the ME one after the sales guy say MHI is MIC.

Price then, MHI is cheaper by $1k. But I trust MIJ quality.

I also would like to recommend all to use the thickest Black Rubber insulation trunking possible.

You pay a bit more but your Aircon even at 26degs it's cold.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Gain city waiting time is 2weeks.

10days ago when I enquiry, only 1 week waiting time.

Maybe due to their kranji warehouse opening.

That's why so good sales.

Twincharged

I can't remember. I bought the ME one after the sales guy say MHI is MIC.

Price then, MHI is cheaper by $1k. But I trust MIJ quality.

I also would like to recommend all to use the thickest Black Rubber insulation trunking possible.

You pay a bit more but your Aircon even at 26degs it's cold.

There is a bit of misunderstanding about the insulation. It's purpose is not to keep the pipes cold but to ensure that water does not condense on it.

• Praise 4

(edited)

There is a bit of misunderstanding about the insulation. It's purpose is not to keep the pipes cold but to ensure that water does not condense on it.

Yes it's also for preventing water condensation but I have never switch to lower than 25deg in my room.

My previous Aircon Daikin was working but i had to switch to 22 to get the same coldness.

Now in my room with 26Deg setting as usual feeling comfy and it's been 6 yrs already.

Edited by Tigerwoods
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

Yes it's also for preventing water condensation but I have never switch to lower than 25deg in my room.

My previous Aircon Daikin was working but i had to switch to 22 to get the same coldness.

Now in my room with 26Deg setting as usual feeling comfy and it's been 6 yrs already.

My mum's place has both daikin and ME units. To achieve the same coldness daikin is set at 25c and ME at 26c. But after checking the specs on the current draw, it's the same. So ones brands 25c is not the same for all brands. The lowest fan speed setting on the ME is also stronger that daikin lowest speed.

Anyway both brands are ok for me. Both are just as easy to service and clean.

Edited by Mkl22
↡ Advertisement