White Smoke from BMW E90- Almost got into accident

No_worries

Was traveling along the CTE towards Ang Mo Kio yesterday evening at around 645pm at the third lane, i.e extreme left lane.

The second car in front of me, a greenish silver BMW E90 with SGJ plate suddenly emitted a lot of white smoke from his exhaust and the effect was almost like a smoke bomb, enough to decrease visibility to almost zero across 3 lanes.

The car in front me braked suddenly and I almost crashed into him, the thick white smoke also almost cause a chain collision on my right.

Not angry or anything, but I hope the BMW driver's vehicle is ok and not too expensive to fix. The amount of white smoke emitted is really scary!

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Usually in older BMW & Mercedes Benz this smoke is cause by a leak in the vacuum line link to the gearbox,the smoke is cause by the ATF,entering the engine.

Turbocharged

He almost caused a chain collision and your first thought is hope that his vehicle is OK and not too expensive to fix ???

• Praise 9

Turbocharged

Isn't the transmission a seal unit? How could it get to the engine?

He almost caused a chain collision and your first thought is hope that his vehicle is OK and not too expensive to fix ???

Lol

• Praise 5

Supersonic
(edited)

Engine kaput?

One possibility is head gasket blown.

Coolant gets into the engine and burned as white smoke.

Oil burns as blue smoke.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 2

Must be blown head gasket. Coolant enters the hot combustion chambers to produce the white smoke. SGJ plate I think left approx. 1year before scrap. Must overhaul the engine to repair and clean it up. Big job.

TS is a kind and gracious man [thumbsup]
  • Praise 1

We will just give the driver the benefit of doubt. These days really a lot of old cars on the road and unlike the mid 2000s where almost every other day, you see someone chut sin chia (register new car).

So purpose is just to warn drivers here to look out for one another and have a bit more alert. [:p]

• Praise 4

Must be blown head gasket. Coolant enters the hot combustion chambers to produce the white smoke. SGJ plate I think left approx. 1year before scrap. Must overhaul the engine to repair and clean it up. Big job.

Coolant and most probably engine oil, too...

We will just give the driver the benefit of doubt. These days really a lot of old cars on the road and unlike the mid 2000s where almost every other day, you see someone chut sin chia (register new car).

So purpose is just to warn drivers here to look out for one another and have a bit more alert. [:p]

only in SG is a car less than 10 yrs is considered old....maciam antique.....overseas u can see cars older than 20 yrs and still running!
  • Praise 8

One possibility is head gasket blown.

Coolant gets into the engine and burned as white smoke.

Oil burns as blue smoke.

Most people cant tell white smoke from blue smoke becos its just a light tinge of difference.

There is actually low chance of gasket blowing, unless the engine has been subjected to really a lot of stress and heat. Likelihood is AOS malfunction so engine oil got into the system.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Most people cant tell white smoke from blue smoke becos its just a light tinge of difference.

There is actually low chance of gasket blowing, unless the engine has been subjected to really a lot of stress and heat. Likelihood is AOS malfunction so engine oil got into the system.

Wah sei......first time hear u talk tech. Thot u gonna suggest to the E90 owner to buy a new M5 and pay full cash. Lol....

• Praise 1

Wah sei......first time hear u talk tech. Thot u gonna suggest to the E90 owner to buy a new M5 and pay full cash. Lol....

Not first time lah, dude....

I quite hands on type.

Otherwise let PML, C&C, Stuttgart,.. Carrot........

Muayhahahaha

有眼不识 哦一哦。。。

Not first time lah, dude....

I quite hands on type.

Otherwise let PML, C&C, Stuttgart,.. Carrot........

Muayhahahaha

• Praise 3

look at his nick !!! :grin:

• Praise 2

Pardon me... What shd be the reasonable reaction ?

Since this is not intentional action by the driver, I also see no reason to be angry or upset le... unlike that joker who jam brake and really cause chain collision and one death

↡ Advertisement