White Smoke from BMW E90- Almost got into accident

No_worries

Turbocharged

Pardon me... What shd be the reasonable reaction ?

Since this is not intentional action by the driver, I also see no reason to be angry or upset le... unlike that joker who jam brake and really cause chain collision and one death

The question is also - did the driver take due care of the car - in terms of maintenance.

example, If a driver don't care about his tyres - and is driving with bald tyres, it is not good.

↡ Advertisement

I drive an e90, and it is truly a problematic car. The operating temperature is ~110 degrees Celsius, and this high operating temperature causes a lot of parts to fail. Oil and coolant leaks are commonplace. Once oil and coolant are empty, engine overheats and kaput!

Turbocharged

I just some sort of yellowtop taxi (a wagon?) in the opposite lane spewing what looked like a lot of white smoke.

I think this is becoming contagious!

• Praise 1

I drive an e90, and it is truly a problematic car. The operating temperature is ~110 degrees Celsius, and this high operating temperature causes a lot of parts to fail. Oil and coolant leaks are commonplace. Once oil and coolant are empty, engine overheats and kaput!

If 110 degree, your car definitely needs checkup. Normal operating temp is 100 degree.

(edited)

If 110 degree, your car definitely needs checkup. Normal operating temp is 100 degree.

Check BMW-SG, where other local e90 drivers also state their operating temperature.

Edited by _h_r_

Agree... Pls maintain & upkeep the car, it is the responsibility of all car drivers, car breakdown on the road cause inconvenience to driver himself /herself and other road users too...

Noob here. What's AOS

It's Air Oil Separator. This device lower built-up pressure in engine crankcase by venting the pressure into intake, if it's damaged airflow will increase to a level that engine oil gets sucked too... hence, smoking gun :wacko:

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Last time from far I saw the junction in front was covered in white smoke, thought maybe there was some fugimation going on nearby. Then a van drove by on the opposite side of the road with the trail of white smoke :D Whole junction and road was covered like someone threw smoke grenades.

(edited)

Last time from far I saw the junction in front was covered in white smoke, thought maybe there was some fugimation going on nearby. Then a van drove by on the opposite side of the road with the trail of white smoke :D Whole junction and road was covered like someone threw smoke grenades.

gotta get one of this one of these days [grin]

7fa859f5d0d151521bc3eb96f1cb29f0.jpg

1104-8l-04+8-lug-desktop-wallpapers-apri

hell yeah!!!!!!!!!

Screen-Shot-2014-07-10-at-11.10.22-AM.pn

Edited by Mustank

Hypersonic

gotta get one of this one of these days [grin]

7fa859f5d0d151521bc3eb96f1cb29f0.jpg

1104-8l-04+8-lug-desktop-wallpapers-apri

hell yeah!!!!!!!!!

Screen-Shot-2014-07-10-at-11.10.22-AM.pn

NEA will be waiting to collect monie from you :grin:

Hypersonic

I confirm report this truck if i see one spewing so much smoke.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

And how will you know the license plate number?

(edited)

[grin]

fotr0165.jpg

please don repork me........

soot-face-photo-beautiful-eyes-cap-portr

the picture damm nice....

tumblr_m15d7vDYnc1qep2qho1_500.jpg

Edited by Mustank

4th Gear

The second car in front of me, a greenish silver BMW E90 with SGJ plate suddenly emitted a lot of white smoke from his exhaust and the effect was almost like a smoke bomb, enough to decrease visibility to almost zero across 3 lanes.

It happened to me once at night and it scared the hell out of me as I thought my car was going to be burn up. Couldn't tell if it's blue or white smoke. Till this day, I couldn't figure out how a failed alternator could smoke the hell out of the GS300.