• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
525 replies to this topic | 3,200 praises

Posted 06 June 2015 - 02:42 AM

Yewheng
  • Premium member
    Yewheng
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

One of my friend had been scammed when she went to http://www.streetdeal.sg/ to make a purchase. Which have terms and conditions that they would charge a renewal premium of SGD88 once she make the purchase of the item.

She just want to buy a water bottle that cost SGD $18 bucks and was shocked to received a charge of SGD $88 bucks for membership in additional of SGD $18 bucks.

Below is the screenshots of the scam

Automatic renewal.jpg
Charged SGD88.jpg

Its stated in the terms and conditions. However she did not read the terms and conditions as per her normal online purchase which so far no problem at all until this case surface.

I did an online search and found out many others was also tricked to make purchase for membership without their knowing as they also did not read the terms and conditions.

Scammed 1.jpg

Scammed 2.jpg

And want to cancel subscription have to contact them directly. Cannot cancel online. Worst still because the amount had been charged bank can't do anything.

Cannot cancel.jpg

Further search online reveal more details on the company.

Company 1.jpg
Company 2.jpg

so please beware of

http://www.streetdeal.sg/ and http://www.olaprice.com/ .

Summary, it already scammed more than 200 people.

http://blackilocks.h...Than-200-People

Lesson learnt, if making any purchase online, better read the terms and conditions carefully before proceed with the payment.

Edited by Yewheng, 06 June 2015 - 02:54 AM.

nazerath, Hydrocarbon, Latio2005A, Pinobii, Mercs, Picnic06-Biante15, Kangadrool and 11 other members praised this

Posted 06 June 2015 - 02:52 AM

nazerath
  • nazerath
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Terrible!
Mercs, FourZero, 2BDriver, Angcheek, RH1667, Spring, Mustank and 1 other member praised this

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:04 AM

Hydrocarbon
  • Hydrocarbon
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Thanks for sharing, even if you save one person from such anguish, it's good. I've shared with my friends too.

It's times like this (and Jover of SLS infamy) that I wish vigilante justice is meted out, Batman style.

Yewheng, Mercs, FourZero, Picnic06-Biante15, Angcheek, RH1667, Mustank and 1 Anonymous member praised this
吃别人所不能吃的苦,忍别人所不能忍的气,做别人所不能做的事,
就能享受别人所不能享受的一切.

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:09 AM

Yewheng
  • Premium member
    Yewheng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Thanks for sharing, even if you save one person from such anguish, it's good. I've shared with my friends too.

It's times like this (and Jover of SLS infamy) that I wish vigilante justice is meted out, Batman style.

I also just got to know this scam from my friend. Searched online, apparently the scam had been around for quite sometime already. Wonder how come news spread so slow.

Hopefully authorities can take action against them.

Edited by Yewheng, 06 June 2015 - 03:10 AM.

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:20 AM

Pinobii
  • Pinobii
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wa....this is bad huh....buying online next time need to read fine prints too....

Hope more people are alerted about this site by now

Thanks for sharing!
Mercs, Angcheek and Mustank praised this

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:22 AM

Yewheng
  • Premium member
    Yewheng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Wa....this is bad huh....buying online next time need to read fine prints too....

Hope more people are alerted about this site by now

Thanks for sharing!

The clever part is the membership SGD88 is not charged together or immediately after the purchase. It is charged 2 days later, which when they realise it was too late already.

Edited by Yewheng, 06 June 2015 - 03:25 AM.

Mercs and Angcheek praised this

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:32 AM

Pinobii
  • Pinobii
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The clever part is the membership SGD88 is not charged together or immediately after the purchase. It is charged 2 days later, which when they realise it was too late already.

Bad ethics and hope the authorities can look into this to prevent more people from falling into this

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:23 AM

2BDriver
  • Premium member
    2BDriver
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

One of my friend had been scammed when she went to http://www.streetdeal.sg/ to make a purchase. Which have terms and conditions that they would charge a renewal premium of SGD88 once she make the purchase of the item.

She just want to buy a water bottle that cost SGD $18 bucks and was shocked to received a charge of SGD $88 bucks for membership in additional of SGD $18 bucks.

Below is the screenshots of the scam

attachicon.gifAutomatic renewal.jpg
attachicon.gifCharged SGD88.jpg

Its stated in the terms and conditions. However she did not read the terms and conditions as per her normal online purchase which so far no problem at all until this case surface.

I did an online search and found out many others was also tricked to make purchase for membership without their knowing as they also did not read the terms and conditions.

attachicon.gifScammed 1.jpg

attachicon.gifScammed 2.jpg

And want to cancel subscription have to contact them directly. Cannot cancel online. Worst still because the amount had been charged bank can't do anything.

attachicon.gifCannot cancel.jpg

Further search online reveal more details on the company.

attachicon.gifCompany 1.jpg
attachicon.gifCompany 2.jpg

so please beware of

http://www.streetdeal.sg/ and http://www.olaprice.com/ .

Summary, it already scammed more than 200 people.

http://blackilocks.h...Than-200-People

Lesson learnt, if making any purchase online, better read the terms and conditions carefully before proceed with the payment.

Bro Yewheng,

Good Morning.

I hope you can advise your friend to show evidences for the press publication beside social media postings of her been scam to make public awareness, this type of unscrupulous business must be expose as quick as possible.

FourZero, Mercs, Byteslurve, Staff69, Pinobii, Spring, Sunny and 4 other members praised this

Worrying is like a rocking chair,  keeps moving you forward and backward forever wasting your time and gets you to nowhere.

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:37 AM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    Supercharged
    Author Image

This has been ongoing for years. I'm one of the customer with that amount deducted. Glad to get back my refund. Avoid this website.
Mercs, Angcheek, RH1667, Mustank and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:54 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

I also just got to know this scam from my friend. Searched online, apparently the scam had been around for quite sometime already. Wonder how come news spread so slow.

Hopefully authorities can take action against them.

I also kena once only by registration, I entered a cinema online booking site and the ads Of some movie ticket deal pop out, I thought it was from the cinema and went ahead to register, charge me $9.90 when I found out. Immediately call the cinema and Deal.sg (I think they are the same).

F both of them and got my $9.90 back [laugh]
Mercs and Mustank praised this
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:58 AM

Ktglfc
  • Premium member
    Ktglfc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thanks for sharing :)

Will spread this news to surrounding friends and family...

As more and more ppl know, it will be difficult for them to perform similar stunts.. this is the best way to oust this kind of scammers !

Edited by Ktglfc, 06 June 2015 - 07:59 AM.

FourZero, Mercs, RH1667, Mustank and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Rich: is not about how much you have, but how much you give.

The sky has turned brighter.
There's a glorious rainbow that beckons those with a spirit of adventure and there are rich findings at the end of that rainbow.
Find that rainbow, go ride it.

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:02 AM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Has been around for years and yet still can operate as usual? I hate to say this but our dear gov won't act until maybe a tourist kena con and beg them on their knee... Sad but true..
FourZero, Mercs, Picnic06-Biante15, Ktglfc, Mustank and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:30 AM

Leo72
  • Leo72
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Has been around for years and yet still can operate as usual? I hate to say this but our dear gov won't act until maybe a tourist kena con and beg them on their knee... Sad but true..

you forgot one thing, must beg them on knee and kena stomp online or make it to the news.

Picnic06-Biante15, Mercs, Mustank and 2 Anonymous members praised this
Tailgater and road hogger, please stay away from me. Queue cutter, please cut queue behind me.

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:12 AM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Cannot contact bank to do a chargeback?

Mercs, Mustank and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:19 AM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Cannot contact bank to do a chargeback?

MAS must look into this immediately ..... :yuush:

Mr. Tharman, please help.... :a-SOS:

Mercs and Mustank praised this

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:22 AM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

MAS must look into this immediately ..... :yuush:

Mr. Tharman, please help.... :a-SOS:

Get someone (preferably foreigner) to go to streetdeal, kneel down and beg. Take video of it and post to youtube. Action will be chop chop. -_-

Picnic06-Biante15, Mr_b20 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:41 AM

Francis-jack
  • Premium member
    Francis-jack
    6th Gear
    Author Image

my fred oso got charge by them street deal say cant refund but will credit it in street deal for her purchase

Mustank and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:47 AM

Doppel
  • Premium member
    Doppel
    6th Gear
    Author Image

便宜莫贪。😓
Mercs, nazerath, Mustank and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:25 AM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Get someone (preferably foreigner) to go to streetdeal, kneel down and beg. Take video of it and post to youtube. Action will be chop chop. -_-

Knowing their treatment on own nitizens, they will question you instead "Why you buy on-line" ....... :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

I remember someone (foreigner) called us 'dog' and we are asked to 'Repent & Reflect' instead ..... :a-m1524:

2BDriver, Mr_b20 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:41 AM

Spring
  • Premium member
    Spring
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I paid for a dining table in full 2 years back n the company wound up before delivery date.
Friend told me to report to the credit card company under cardholder's dispute n so I did that but was skeptical on what the bank could do since it was a willing buyer, willing seller situation.

To my surprise, I got a full refund after 2 mths. Whilst this a different situation from the scamming one, I think cardholder could report to the bank under cardholder's dispute and I would expect some results because compared to my situation, this really is a dispute as the amount charged was not what the agreed amount was, good luck!!
2BDriver, Sunny, Angcheek, Mercs, RH1667, Byteslurve, Fibo and 6 other members praised this

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: scammed, beware, membership and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users