Beware of scammers

Yewheng

This mata England level is sibeh high. His use of punctuation is also sibeh tok gong. He accepts cash or cheque.

tell him you open door big big wait for him to come arrest you [laugh]  [laugh]  

↡ Advertisement

send him a big hell note and request change in return in SGD. [idea]

This mata England level is sibeh high. His use of punctuation is also sibeh tok gong. He accepts cash or cheque.

14691007_1327114857301711_57687198413124

• Praise 1

Asia one reported that two scammers from Malaysia were arrested in Singapore when open bank account and withdrew money from scam jobs. I hope the authorities give thrm very heavy sentence in view of so many cases of scam, and not just a slap on the wrist. A few years jail time plus cane will be good.

Edited by Ingenius

His scheme is really "pian ginna". Who will believe

His scheme is really "pian ginna". Who will believe

Even though it is poorly worded, some will still fall for it. I know of a few people around me who are supposed to be well educated and they fell for scams also. I feel angry but it can happen. Someone told me , it is not how smart the victim is , but how smart the summer is. A friends father who was a very experienced businessman fell for a scam long ago, lost a fortune. He told me the scammer even brought in people whom the victim knew to make the whole thing look real. Goodness.
  • Praise 1

Even though it is poorly worded, some will still fall for it. I know of a few people around me who are supposed to be well educated and they fell for scams also. I feel angry but it can happen. Someone told me , it is not how smart the victim is , but how smart the summer is. A friends father who was a very experienced businessman fell for a scam long ago, lost a fortune. He told me the scammer even brought in people whom the victim knew to make the whole thing look real. Goodness.

You described an eloborate scheme, and a smart scammer preying on a "smart" businessman.

The "pain ginna" I am referring to is the "policeman" threat. Which is just saying "you committed an offence, please sent money to this account or I will catch you. ". That is all the scope of his plan, the level of sophistication is "pian ginna". I seriously doubt your friend's father will fall for this one.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 1

Wa even post home address, aren't it an easy catch for the police? The one who sent the sms really stupid sia.

Singaporean loses $270k in bogus China cops scam

A Singaporean in his 60s thought he was protecting his family's savings when he cooperated with "police officers" from China who accused him last month of being involved in money laundering.

He ended up losing close to $270,000 from five POSB accounts linked to his name over eight consecutive days last month. This was money that he needed for his family's expenses and children's education.

The case took place as scams involving the impersonation of China officials rose from 179 cases in the first half of the year to 249 in the July to September period. Victims lost at least $21 million from January to September, with one losing $2.38 million, said the police.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/sporean-loses-270k-in-bogus-china-cops-scam

(edited)

A Singaporean in his 60s thought he was protecting his family's savings when he cooperated with "police officers" from China who accused him last month of being involved in money laundering.

He ended up losing close to $270,000 from five POSB accounts linked to his name over eight consecutive days last month. This was money that he needed for his family's expenses and children's education.

The case took place as scams involving the impersonation of China officials rose from 179 cases in the first half of the year to 249 in the July to September period. Victims lost at least $21 million from January to September, with one losing $2.38 million, said the police.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/sporean-loses-270k-in-bogus-china-cops-scam

Dbs bank did not do a good job. There are more then 20 transaction to p2p all up to 2k plus within a few days. Aren't it's a flag for suspicious?

Don't bank's have a trigger to detect suspicious activity and temporary block the account 1St and contact member to ask more questions to check on them?

If dbs have better system in place to detect this kind of abnormalities, the old man may not lose all savings but maybe part of it.

Edited by Yewheng

Dbs bank did not do a good job. There are more then 20 transaction to p2p all up to 2k plus within a few days. Aren't it's a flag for suspicious?

Don't bank's have a trigger to detect suspicious activity and temporary block the account 1St and contact member to ask more questions to check on them?

If dbs have better system in place to detect this kind of abnormalities, the old man may not lose all savings but maybe part of it.

Don't know if they have such software to detect such regular outgoing payments over a certain time ;Problem is that it was done by Internet Banking and usually only you will get an sms or email confirmation of transfer (just to keep the sender informed )

Too many parameters to follow ........ I guess.   

But on hindsight he must have been involved in "money laundering" for sure .  Payback time........ Karma......

Edited by BanCoe

unless the guy always go china or is involved in money laundering.... why should he be scared afraid of police officers from china or money laundering...... hmm....

• Praise 3

unless the guy always go china or is involved in money laundering.... why should he be scared afraid of police officers from china or money laundering...... hmm....

Precisely.

↡ Advertisement