Beware of scammers

Yewheng

Dbs bank did not do a good job. There are more then 20 transaction to p2p all up to 2k plus within a few days. Aren't it's a flag for suspicious?

Don't bank's have a trigger to detect suspicious activity and temporary block the account 1St and contact member to ask more questions to check on them?

If dbs have better system in place to detect this kind of abnormalities, the old man may not lose all savings but maybe part of it.

those small online businesses will get a lot of calls sia

↡ Advertisement

call yr cc card company and tell them that u have been scammed and file police report. Request to stop all transaction immediately and request for new card number Everyone u suspect any suspicious transaction , cancel the card immediately and tell submit yr police report to cc company to get a refund

scammers everywhere.

even donate newspaper, old clothes etc - also got con man.

http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/flyers-org-seeking-donations-may-have-come-scammers

===================================

FLYERS FROM ORG SEEKING DONATIONS MAY HAVE COME FROM SCAMMERS!

Submitted by farhan on 

Tue, 11/10/2016 - 10:55am
charity_clothes_donation_collection_scam

I've received a few of these and the hp no. is the same although the charity group stated is different. The format of the leaflet is also the same.

I suspect the ppl involved might be selling the stuff and pocket the money instead of donating to charity.

So I wrote to the charity group and this is their response:

The Children's Heart Foundation

@TheCHF

Hi. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. That is our logo and mission statement, but we have no knowledge of any fundraising efforts in Singapore. We fund medical research, we do not collect (or distribute) the types of items that they have listed. Therefore this donation collection is not associated with our organization. Please let us know if you have any questions.

- More at AllSingaporeStuff.comhttp://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/flyers-org-seeking-donations-may-have-come-scammers

FB: http://fb.com/allsgstuff

so....this organisation is not going to do anything about this ? at least poh mata right?

zzz

• Praise 4

so....this organisation is not going to do anything about this ? at least poh mata right?

zzz

always receive same type leaflet but claim to be a buddhist org doin charity work in cambodia.
  • Praise 1

Dbs bank did not do a good job. There are more then 20 transaction to p2p all up to 2k plus within a few days. Aren't it's a flag for suspicious?

Don't bank's have a trigger to detect suspicious activity and temporary block the account 1St and contact member to ask more questions to check on them?

If dbs have better system in place to detect this kind of abnormalities, the old man may not lose all savings but maybe part of it.

Know who else didn't do a good job?

The scammee. People need to take more responsibility for their actions. Not push everything to the banks or government. 

scammers everywhere.

even donate newspaper, old clothes etc - also got con man.

http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/flyers-org-seeking-donations-may-have-come-scammers

===================================

FLYERS FROM ORG SEEKING DONATIONS MAY HAVE COME FROM SCAMMERS!

Submitted by farhan on 

Tue, 11/10/2016 - 10:55am
charity_clothes_donation_collection_scam

I've received a few of these and the hp no. is the same although the charity group stated is different. The format of the leaflet is also the same.

I suspect the ppl involved might be selling the stuff and pocket the money instead of donating to charity.

So I wrote to the charity group and this is their response:

The Children's Heart Foundation

@TheCHF

Hi. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. That is our logo and mission statement, but we have no knowledge of any fundraising efforts in Singapore. We fund medical research, we do not collect (or distribute) the types of items that they have listed. Therefore this donation collection is not associated with our organization. Please let us know if you have any questions.

- More at AllSingaporeStuff.comhttp://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/flyers-org-seeking-donations-may-have-come-scammers

FB: http://fb.com/allsgstuff

Of course dunno la. 

This is from their Oregon chapter. They need to ask their US counterparts to verify hehe.

Edited by Kusje

there are people who dun like to be questioned when they do thing, there are thousands of such transactions going on everyday where got time to play hero asking everyone question?

asking too many questions may cause your job, especially in the bank.

(edited)

there are people who dun like to be questioned when they do thing, there are thousands of such transactions going on everyday where got time to play hero asking everyone question?

asking too many questions may cause your job, especially in the bank.

The thing is to detect abnormalities... Most people would not have this unusual activities. More then 20 transaction in one day transferred to the same merchant at each at 1k, 2k one shot is very questionable. Plus who knows maybe by probing they could also uncover money laundering..

The key word is abnormalities... Arent the old guy transaction abnormal?

Know who else didn't do a good job?

The scammee. People need to take more responsibility for their actions. Not push everything to the banks or government.

Of course dunno la.

This is from their Oregon chapter. They need to ask their US counterparts to verify hehe.

Ya, the person tio scammed also don't know what to say, so many news reported and etc still tio tricked.

But then also poor thing, most are making a honest living and save for life and in just a short span of time, money gone like that.. Haiz..

Edited by Yewheng

Singaporean loses $270k in bogus China cops scam

A Singaporean in his 60s thought he was protecting his family's savings when he cooperated with "police officers" from China who accused him last month of being involved in money laundering.

He ended up losing close to $270,000 from five POSB accounts linked to his name over eight consecutive days last month. This was money that he needed for his family's expenses and children's education.

The case took place as scams involving the impersonation of China officials rose from 179 cases in the first half of the year to 249 in the July to September period. Victims lost at least $21 million from January to September, with one losing $2.38 million, said the police.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/sporean-loses-270k-in-bogus-china-cops-scam

Singaporeans are easy to be scammed.

Bcuz they have been conditioned all their lives to fear authorities, thanks to MIW.

• Praise 1

Bcuz they have been conditioned all their lives to fear authorities, thanks to MIW.

I actually worry about my mother. She is the old school Bo tak chei one. She understand very little English and what her friend or stranger said she will believe. But when I said something that is not nice for her to hear she blush it off.

She told me she did received call from someone unknown number and said he is from police station and Heng she was thinking must be called wrong number and hang the phone. I cannot imagine if the guy would to be able to continue on with the phone conversation and my mother would had easily being tricked by the guy.

Those that are not well educated are the one quite vulnerable..

Uneducated =/= gullible leh.

I've seen many uneducated chaps that are impossible to trick and many "educated" chaps falling for those time-share/gold investments scams.

Go CHC and check if the majority are educated or not.

• Praise 2

I've seen many uneducated chaps that are impossible to trick and many "educated" chaps falling for those time-share/gold investments scams.

giphy.gif

always receive same type leaflet but claim to be a buddhist org doin charity work in cambodia.

saw this kind of leaflet many times liao....but i just hiew lan them.....reason is i no buy newspaper, and no old clothes......all my old clothes are either use as sleeping clothes or  地布 / 抹脚布

• Praise 2

ya loh......thats why sinkies are called "Daft Sinkies"

Edited by Nightkids

Another kind of sex scam

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-37735369

WOw!! quite teruk leh!!

Even nowadays when I go to ATM machines (like the one with DBS) put a poster warning of sex scams..... for a moment I thought nothing of it until i read your one.. seems like in Singapore some people must have fallen for it too ....... lagi complicated

Now this what you call Disruptive [nosebleed]  Technology at its ugliest [bigcry]   

• Praise 1

if sentence 10 yrs then is more than KH   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

Woman arrested over serial rental scams in Toa Payoh
Posted 26 Oct 2016 

SINGAPORE: A 41-year-old woman has been arrested for her suspected involvement in several cases of rental scams.

In a news release on Wednesday (Oct 26), police said they received several reports of rental scam cases in Toa Payoh this month. Victims responded to advertisements on Facebook and placed rental deposits of up to S$700, after which the suspect became uncontactable.

Officers arrested the suspect on Wednesday.

The suspect will be charged in court on Thursday. If convicted, she faces a jail term of up to 10 years and is liable to be fined.

Police also urged potential renters to ensure that they deal with the rightful owner of the unit, or confirm that they are an accredited real estate agent; and search for identical ads placed elsewhere to check if the listing is a well-known scam.

They also cautioned the public not to pay rental deposits or rent to a salesperson. Payments should be made directly to the owner of the property and only after all parties have signed the tenancy agreement, police said. 

- CNA/xk

Thats true.. Thanks for correcting.. Haha

↡ Advertisement