Beware of scammers

Yewheng

Turbocharged
(edited)

Aiyo so much $$$, must be very heartache, could have spent it on her kids ð¢

That man also 没è¯å¿, this kind also wanna cheat

Agree these scammers are totally void of conscience. I have a deep hatred for such people and hope they get their punishment meted out soon, if there is karma. Long ago someone asked me to help make a payment of two hundred dollars at post office as application fee for a job on a cruise ship. It turned out it was a scam and there was no news after payment, and he thought I kept the money. Edited by Ingenius
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

I curse these scammers too and hope they will receive their due punishment soon! :pissed-off: 

Agree these scammers are totally void of conscience. I have a deep hatred for such people and hope they get their punishment meted out soon, if there is karma. Long ago someone asked me to help make a payment of two hundred dollars at post office as application fee for a job on a cruise ship. It turned out it was a scam and there was no news after payment, and he thought I kept the money.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

80k a lot leh.... poor thing....didn't get back anything?

chief.... only 2 months of your pay lah

treat the loss as give to toy boy lor

I curse these scammers too and hope they will receive their due punishment soon! :pissed-off:

yeah, not the right thing to cheat people of their money, let me add to the curse power on the scammer.  :yuush:

• Praise 1

(edited)

Don't know if she got back anything. She told a few of us of her loses as she warned another forum friend who befriended a China lover. Some more she is stay at home mother. Poor thing, I felt angry when I learnt of it. But I look at her I am not totally surprised, as she was the gullible and naive kind. 80k is indeed a lot, and it shows that love is a powerful tool for scammers.

yeah. Ex-colleague's mum. Got stroke and blew the payout of >100k on her MY "lover" which she never met. What's frustrating is after that, still wanna "donate" whatever she have left !!  

Frend's sister - 1st time beg/borrow/steal for lover (Left her after got all the $$$), declared bankrupt and hubby left her and took the kids. Years later, discharged and again borrowed for another "lover" (FB), this time from Ah Long  [crazy]

Love and LONELINESS is indeed very very powderful !!!  :mellow:

Edited by Othello

yeah. Ex-colleague's mum. Got stroke and blew the payout of >100k on her MY "lover" which she never met. What's frustrating is after that, still wanna "donate" whatever she have left !!

Frend's sister - 1st time beg/borrow/steal for lover (Left her after got all the $$$), declared bankrupt and hubby left her and took the kids. Years later, discharged and again borrowed for another "lover" (FB), this time from Ah Long [crazy]

Love and LONELINESS is indeed very very powderful !!! :mellow:

oMG! So poor thing!

These men sure know how to capitalise on women who crave for love

Supercharged

See this kinda article very angry

Got hands n legs cannot go n work to earn money meh, must prey on women to get $$$

Be careful of karma

--------

Love conman cheats single S'porean mother with 3 children out of $140K

Posted on 13 May 2017

A single mother with three children was conned out of $140,000 by a love conman.

The 39-year-old victim has since lodged a police report to both the local and Hong Kong police, reports Lianhe Wanbao.

It is reported that the victim had remained single after divorcing her husband who had cheated on her, choosing to raise their three children on her own.

Despite the marital setback, the motivated individual continued pursuing part-time studies even as she worked, finally obtaining a master’s degree.

According to the victim, she had met the conman online on April 7, 2016, through Facebook.

After chatting online for a while, they realised that they had a lot in common and exchanged contact details on Line and other messaging apps.

The conman claimed that he was a 38-year-old Taiwanese, and worked as a general manager of an accountancy firm.

In the following two weeks, the two drew closer, even addressing each other as husband and wife.

Said the victim:

“Although we never met, and only chatted through messaging apps and the phone, I felt he was genuine and sincere.

“He also told me that he was raised by a single mother, and understood my circumstances.

“It made me very touched.”

She revealed that the conman had told her he intended to fly over to Singapore and marry her despite the short time they had known each other.

However, once the victim fell for him, the conman started showing his true colours, asking the victim to lend him money to invest in a lottery company in Macau.

The victim fell hook, line and sinker, forwarding him $140,000 on April 23, 2016.

She did not suspect a thing, until an accomplice who identified himself as a partner to the conman tried persuading her to invest a further $250,000 for a $800,000 reward.

It was then she realised that she had been conned.

After the incident, she lodged a police report and attempted to stop the transaction, but was too late.

She also flew to Hong Kong to bring the case up with the bank involved and the Hong Kong police.

She hopes that the The International Criminal Police Organisation (Interpol) can assist her in bringing down the syndicate responsible for the love scams.

http://www.stomp.com.sg/singapore-seen/courts-crime/love-conman-cheats-single-sporean-mother-with-3-children-out-of-140k#xtor=CS1-2

This type of scam has been reported so many times before, still got people fall for it????? 

Pattern all the same. Conman claim he is holding a high ranking job.Have same interest in music,sports,food etc, etc and promise of marriage.Once victim is hooked,he will say he is having financial difficulty and she will do anything to help the man she never met.Only after transfer money she realised she had been conned.

I believe in Karma and everything happened for a reason. Maybe the victim and the Conman had some $$$ issues in their past life. 
  • Praise 1

Agree these scammers are totally void of conscience. I have a deep hatred for such people and hope they get their punishment meted out soon, if there is karma. Long ago someone asked me to help make a payment of two hundred dollars at post office as application fee for a job on a cruise ship. It turned out it was a scam and there was no news after payment, and he thought I kept the money.

Me too, totally hate them

sometimes cannot be soft hearted de, people tell sob sob stories then wanna borrow $$$ situations are the toughest

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Me too, totally hate them

sometimes cannot be soft hearted de, people tell sob sob stories then wanna borrow $$$ situations are the toughest

i got sob story you wanna hear bo... chief?

• Praise 1

I also kana scam.

Every week i kana scam out of millions .

It's millions ok. When god gave it free they want me pay for it.

• Praise 9

青年假金换真钞 当铺机智职员4招识破假金块

去年9月9日和10日,云振宝由非法团伙分子“阿金”载送,去宏茂桥、碧山和兀兰的五家当店,企图用镀金金条换取现金。五次中有三次得逞,但他最终被捕。 为完成任务,被告撒谎表示,金条是在印尼的祖父留下的。

success rate 60%. no wonder scamming is a booming industry in SG.

http://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singapore/story20170513-759750

• Praise 3

From ASS

I am victim of a scam by the PRC scammer, Ms Fan Xin Wen to obtain Permanent Resident in Singapore and cheated around $300,000 in total from year 2009 to 2015.

I had met her on May 2009. She was then residing in Singapore on a work permit as she was working as a singer at a KTV lounge. We dated for a year before she proposed marriage. I was prepared to marry her as she had convinced me that our marriage was not one of convenience and that she loved me.

Fan obtained her PR status in October 2011. I assisted in her application. She soon moved in and confessed that she had been with another man for the past four year and this man had just passed away.

I decided to forgive her, to choose to trust her, and to move on. I comforted myself that she deserved another chance as she told the truth.

She later admitted that she married me because she needed to obtain PR in Singapore and money to buy house for her parent and brother. She informed me that she might consider reconciliation only if I was prepared to maintain her and to give her $10,000 per month as allowance and pay her credit card bills.

She admitted also that she only wanted to cheat more of my money for her expense in Singapore. I was vey hurt and very much in shock. I have filed divorced and she did not contest nor dispute the facts of her unreasonable behavior.

Fan have immediately remarried to a young Singapore guy and enjoy the fruit of her scam happily in Singapore. I am warning the Singapore man not to fall into the PRC KTV girl scam and became the another victim.

https://www.facebook.com/allsgstuff/posts/2449077078566340

• Praise 7

dun post crap from nonsense website leh  [laugh]

I suspect many/most of such letters is Farhan's imagination

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1