Beware of scammers

Yewheng

haiz... my wife just kena scammed off $50 by those teen selling icecream with sob story... wife pity the teen, fully drenched up with photo of his so call "sick brother" ...punggol area.. beware hor..... [:/]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Nothing beats Car Insurance scammer, noble invention of car dashboard camera protect vehicle driver and to prove their innocent   [:/]

LOL, the martia art police task force vehicle drove pass without a glance of the women   :XD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4wGNDtQu94

Edited by 2BDriver
  • Praise 5

haiz... my wife just kena scammed off $50 by those teen selling icecream with sob story... wife pity the teen, fully drenched up with photo of his so call "sick brother" ...punggol area.. beware hor..... [:/]

oh man.....

how many ice cream you wife get in the end ?

thanks for the info, will warn my wife.....as she is sentimental type, will buy their story....

• Praise 1

oh man.....

how many ice cream you wife get in the end ?

thanks for the info, will warn my wife.....as she is sentimental type, will buy their story....

Non.. She doesn't eat ice cream... Just 'donated' $50 ....

• Praise 1

CPF warns members about fake website

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/cpf-warns-members-about/2350316.html

POSTED: 16 December 2015 at 12:32 AM

UPDATED: 16 December 2015 at 12:32 AM

SINGAPORE: The Central Provident Fund Board (CPFB) has sent out an alert to members on a fake duplicate of CPF's corporate website.

"We are currently working to bring down this fake website," it said in an email to members on Tuesday (Dec 15).

"We would like to take this opportunity to remind you to remain vigilant and exercise caution when using the Internet, especially for transactional purposes. Please use only the official CPF website at www.cpf.gov.sg for all informational and transactional needs concerning CPF matters," CPFB added.

The alert came as CPFB said it is working to restore e-services on its website, which were disrupted due to a malfunctioning website component two weeks ago. As of Tuesday, services were 90 per cent restored, the Board said. It also warned of high traffic to the website in the next few days.

• Praise 3

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/cpf-warns-members-about/2350316.html

POSTED: 16 December 2015 at 12:32 AM

UPDATED: 16 December 2015 at 12:32 AM

SINGAPORE: The Central Provident Fund Board (CPFB) has sent out an alert to members on a fake duplicate of CPF's corporate website.

"We are currently working to bring down this fake website," it said in an email to members on Tuesday (Dec 15).

"We would like to take this opportunity to remind you to remain vigilant and exercise caution when using the Internet, especially for transactional purposes. Please use only the official CPF website at www.cpf.gov.sg for all informational and transactional needs concerning CPF matters," CPFB added.

The alert came as CPFB said it is working to restore e-services on its website, which were disrupted due to a malfunctioning website component two weeks ago. As of Tuesday, services were 90 per cent restored, the Board said. It also warned of high traffic to the website in the next few days.

There are so many scammers all over this days, one of my Suppliers (overseas) emails got hacked into for quite some time and somebody (scammers) was  monitoring all his emails for quite some time and when my Supplier say SGCARMART (eg: Boss@sgcarmart.com) sent me his Invoice for payment for goods before shipment ; suddenly somebody in the next one hour sends me an email  with very similar From: address (example:Boss@sqkarmart.com tells me that the bank details have suddenly changed  to avoid some taxes in their Country some  and they "scammers"  created the same Company SGCARMART in another country example UK instead of the Original Country which got me puzzled as I have been with this supplier for over 10 years and even his latest Invoice still shows the same bank I have been remitting for over 10 years now. When I called my Supplier he cautioned me that his account has been hacked recently & some other Buyers also nearly fell for it too. 

I spoke to my local bank here and they told me that they had a couple of cases over the last 1 year & they cannot do anything much as they say we just take instructions from you ; Man!! the internet has really been abused; This is worse than the Nigerian spoils for inheritances  

So now temporarily we (me and supplier) just communicate by phone/fax/whatsapp so that the scammer does not get full info of our communications; and the best part the scammer is still sending me emails requesting why I- i have not made the payment; and my worry is that the scammer knows to a certain extent my profile too from the exchange of emails   

• Praise 1

LATEST ONLINE SCAM: 'WOMEN' OFFER SEX ON SOCIAL MEDIA
FEMALE STRANGERS FROM THE PHILIPPINES OFFER SEX ON SOCIAL MEDIA, ASK FOR DEPOSIT, THEN DISAPPEAR

Dec 21, 2015 6:00am
BY SEOW YUN RONG

Singapore appears to be popular with online scammers.

In the past year, more than $500,000 was lost to online scammers, with one in five people here saying they were victims, according to a Norton Cybersecurity Insights Report.

Where are these cheats from?

In the past, they involved syndicates from Nigeria (they were also known as royalty cheats) and Spain (Spanish lottery cheats).

Now, the latest involves syndicates from the Philippines targeting social media users here.

For this scam, men here receive unsolicited offers of sex by female strangers on social media platforms such as Facebook.

The men are asked to make a deposit, usually by remittance to a foreign account, for a hook-up online or in person. After parting with the money, the women disappear.

Victims send money through Money Online (MOL), an e-payment gateway for online goods and services.

Chairman of the National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC), Mr Tan Kian Hoon, said: "Scammers are always devising new ways to cheat victims and the latest scam is a variant of the credit-for-sex scam.

"In this version, the ladies are portrayed to be from the Philippines and victims are asked to buy credits from a new platform, Money Online, or remit money to Philippines via Western Union and Moneygram."

A police spokesman said the authorities are concerned because this new trend not only involves new syndicates using similar tactics as those responsible for credit-for-sex scams, but also shows that there are different syndicates in diverse regions looking for victims here.

He said the new scam differed from those involving victims making advance payments to fraudsters for the purchase of goods, such as IT gadgets, phones or bicycles that are advertised on online portals.

RISING TREND

Another reason for concern: The number of online scams is on the rise.

Police said commercial crimes increased by 1,387 cases in the first six months of this year compared with the same period in 2014.

Within this category, cases like cheating involving e-commerce and credit-for-sex scams had a large increase.

Crimes involving e-commerce have risen sharply over the past three years - from 238 reported cases in 2012 to 510 cases in 2013, and 1,659 cases last year.

Credit-for-sex scam cases jumped from five between July and September last year to 285 for the same period this year.

It gets worse.

Between July and December last year, there were 66 credit-for-sex scam cases. In the first six months of this year, there were 640.

For e-commerce scams, numbers jumped from 613 cases in the first half of 2014, to 1,015 cases in the same period this year.

The total amount of money cheated was about $3.79 million.

It has become so bad that the Norton Cybersecurity Insights Report released on Nov 24 this year found 80 per cent of Singaporeans worry they will be a victim of online crime.

The number of credit-for-sex cases in the first six months of this year. There were only 66 cases between July and December last year.
By the numbers 640

He spends over $1,300 on gift cards to meet 'sexy teen'

Seduced by unsolicited sexy pictures sent to him via the free messaging application WeChat, John (not his real name) sent over $1,300.

The 55-year-old never saw his money again.

Colleagues had introduced him to WeChat as a way of making new friends.

In late October, someone claiming to be a student in a local university started chatting with him.

John said: "She looked so innocent and decent (in the WeChat display picture), I never expected it to be a scam."

After befriending him for eight days, the student told him she needed him to help buy iTunes gift cards for her studies.

A serial number on the back of the iTunes card will let a user download music, movies, games or apps, according to the card's value.

She also told him she would meet him at 10pm near his place, as long as he bought the card for her.

But after he bought the first card, which cost $150, her "big brother" started messaging John, telling him to pay an additional fee to meet her.

He told John to snap pictures of the serial number on the iTunes cards, so they did not have to meet physically.

Altogether, John bought nine cards, hoping he would finally meet her.

But at around 1.30am, he became suspicious because more than three hours had passed and he had not met the girl.

THREATENING

When John refused to continue buying more cards, the "big brother" started sending threatening messages and even pictures of his "past victims" to scare him.

When John still refused, the girl went back online and started sending sexy pictures to seduce him into buying even more cards.

Realising it was a scam, he made a police report at 3am.

John said: "I feel so stupid to have fallen into the trap.

"I've learnt my lesson and the public needs to know the WeChat scam may seem unusual, but (there are people) out to harm us."

Other victims have fallen prey to more conventional cheating scams.

In 2010, when she was 16, Regine started a blogshop.

She then found a page on social network Facebook that did preorders for shoes, contact lenses, polaroid cameras and more. Because she was in need of a supplier, she ordered more than 20 pairs of shoes with registered postage and paid over $200.

She said: "It seemed like a trusted page since it's from Singapore."

At first, she was told the stocks were delayed. Later, the seller allegedly went "missing" and even deactivated the Facebook page.

"I feel like an idiot, but at least now I'm more careful not to fall prey again," she said.

She was not the only victim.

On July 25, 2012, the police arrested two 16-year-old girls believed to have cheated at least 70 people of about $12,000 between May and June.

If convicted of cheating, they face up to 10 years' jail and a fine.

She looked so innocent and decent (in the WeChat display picture), I never expected it to be a scam.
- Scam victim

yeah man!.... now even Taiwanese also kenna!!

Wah!!! govt. ask Singaporeans to really   "chari makan" overseas and people really heed its advice and found new "lobang" [laugh]

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/7-singaporeans-charged-in-taiwan-over-gold-buyback-scheme-reports

Sinkie scammers prosecuted in Taiwan. Not as cunning as horse family, 3 years kenna caught liao.

「黃金女神」 騙投資20億誇大馬有礦區 吸金誘200人 29嫌遭訴

新加坡「天金集團」三年前來台,號稱美女講師、高利潤吸引民眾投資「瑞士PAMP黃金」,檢調卻查出天金打著「黃金、美女、高利潤」違法吸金逾二十億元,至少二百多人受害,其中十六億元早已匯至新加坡,經查扣上百片黃金、名車、遊艇後,桃園地檢署昨依違反《銀行法》將天金集團負責人與同夥共二十九人提起公訴。

檢調指出,天金集團董事長謝思諒(四十八歲,在押)、總經理兼香港區總裁謝佳葉(四十二歲,在押)等新加坡籍人士,三年前在台北、中壢等地成立國際、中東及奇異恩典等貴金屬公司,除吸收林松茂(四十五歲,交保)擔任台灣區總裁,還找來美女講師曾少里(三十九歲)遊說民眾投資瑞士PAMP黃金,曾女因身材玲瓏有緻、能言善道,被會員封為「黃金財富女神」。 

高利息返還本金

檢調調查,該集團以每公克兩千六百元、高於當時市價約一倍價格,販售瑞士PAMP黃金,客戶每月可收百分之一的利息,兩年後期滿由公司原價買回,且附有原廠黃金保證書作為抵押。
該集團也謊稱謝嫌在馬來西亞有礦區、新加坡有黃金批發等生意,鼓勵受害人購買黃金商品,再加六萬元就可購得經營權,另每推銷一筆還可分得一萬五千元獎金,吸引被害人投資數百萬元。 

http://www.appledaily.com.tw/appledaily/article/headline/20160127/37033835/

b09a00_p_01_04.jpg

160128B14_C2134-0.jpg