2015 Mazda 2

enthucarowner

i have tried to drive for a while without i-stop. not feeling the vibration. even when engaging reverse.

When did you first discover this issue?

I reflected this issue during my 1k servicing, they told me this issue has been rectified for the newer YOM

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

I reflected this issue during my 1k servicing, they told me this issue has been rectified for the newer YOM

So to say..Ours won't have this problem? Fingers crossed

(edited)

Just to clarify, YOM refers to 'Year of Manufacture'? So meaning it is a common issue for older batches of cars and acknowledged by Mazda? May I ask when was your 1k servicing? 

I got my car in Dec 15, and I felt this unusual vibration right from the first few days of driving. I cannot tell where the vibration came from but it seems strongest when the brake is almost fully depressed, for example when reversing the last few centimetres into the lot. I never had this issue with my first gen Mazda 2, even after 9+years.

Edited by Mazda2gal
  • Praise 1

Just to clarify, YOM refers to 'Year of Manufacture'? So meaning it is a common issue for older batches of cars and acknowledged by Mazda? May I ask when was your 1k servicing? 

I got my car in Dec 15, and I felt this unusual vibration right from the first few days of driving. I cannot tell where the vibration came from but it seems strongest when the brake is almost fully depressed, for example when reversing the last few centimetres into the lot. I never had this issue with my first gen Mazda 2, even after 9+years.

Yea Year of Manufacture, they didnt declare as a common issue but when I asked the service guy they are aware of the mounting issue. They will need to inspect your car and see if its indeed a mounting issue and if yes they wont change it too early until it becomes very bad.

I would say my vibration is much lesser than before i change the engine mount. I still feel slight vibrations ocassionally when reversing but not as serious as before.

with istop off? no vibration now after your mounts changed?

this i need to test again... if not need to highlight to change them..

how long did tek take to change yours?

(edited)

I actually noticed this vibration issue after some1 else also pointed it out... hence i became "more sensitive" then....

Before changing the engine mount, slight vibration when at stationary(i stop off) and serious vibration when reversing. I would say it is when the rpm drops very low(like when u step brake then release abit)

Afte the engine mount change(which i waited for about 2months for spare to arrive), i would say it was not as serious as last time....there is still ocassional slight vibration? during reversing however i didnt really test it out

Edited by UncleSky

Do you all wait for the High rev cold start to lower before driving off or just go straight.

Tried driving off straight today and the rev drop to normal speed when I put to D.

I actually noticed this vibration issue after some1 else also pointed it out... hence i became "more sensitive" then....

Before changing the engine mount, slight vibration when at stationary(i stop off) and serious vibration when reversing. I would say it is when the rpm drops very low(like when u step brake then release abit)

Afte the engine mount change(which i waited for about 2months for spare to arrive), i would say it was not as serious as last time....there is still ocassional slight vibration? during reversing however i didnt really test it out

mine is normal .. only when istop off.. then will feel a little on & off..

not obvious type ..

Do you all wait for the High rev cold start to lower before driving off or just go straight.

Tried driving off straight today and the rev drop to normal speed when I put to D.

what i do is..

on the engine...

seatbelt on, lock door.

drive off.. less than 10s...

• Praise 1

according to manual recommend to drive off straight

Turbocharged

Won't be as much as what i paid for my deluxe HB model  [smallcry]

coe up up and away.. this weekend mazda2 6digit price liao

Won't be as much as what i paid for my deluxe HB model [smallcry]

Hahaha to be fair your paper value higher. Lil bit of consolation

Guys is there any way to off the engine while keeping the radio on after driving?

After parking, currently I off the engine and press the engine start again for the radio to on again. Any better ways?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

You press the start button again without stepping on brakes right? Thats the only way that i know of to listen to the car's radio with engine off.

Guys is there any way to off the engine while keeping the radio on after driving?

After parking, currently I off the engine and press the engine start again for the radio to on again. Any better ways?

You press the start button again without stepping on brakes right? Thats the only way that i know of to listen to the car's radio with engine off.

Someone says to set gear to neutral and press the start button, so it only turn off engine. I haven't tried it yet.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Do update us if it works.

Someone says to set gear to neutral and press the start button, so it only turn off engine. I haven't tried it yet.

It works!

Thanks! But remember to press the start twice before you leave else the car will be in acc mode.

↡ Advertisement