2015 Mazda 2

enthucarowner

Turbocharged

Try driving with I-stop switched off. Stop at a junction and feel.

I just got my Mazda 2 over the weekend. I was quite worried over the topic in the forum regarding the vibrations. When I got my new car, i am glad that there are no excessive vibrations. The only one I felt was when I start to pick up speed after my vehicle has stop, but I think that is due to i-Stop feature.

↡ Advertisement

I just got my Mazda 2 over the weekend. I was quite worried over the topic in the forum regarding the vibrations. When I got my new car, i am glad that there are no excessive vibrations. The only one I felt was when I start to pick up speed after my vehicle has stop, but I think that is due to i-Stop feature.

It's a good drive.

The istop thing is not really real problem unless you decide to turn istop off.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

I agree wholeheartedly

It's a good drive.

The istop thing is not really real problem unless you decide to turn istop off.

I agree wholeheartedly

Yes, I have learnt to like my iStop. My fuel economy is at 17km/l for 60/40 driving :) Loving my ride, though car boot space is a bit small. 

Mine is a standard version, which does not comes with fog lamps and led lights. Are we able to get those from the aftermarket? 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Yes fog lamp and headlamps are available aftermarket.

Yes, I have learnt to like my iStop. My fuel economy is at 17km/l for 60/40 driving :) Loving my ride, though car boot space is a bit small. 

Mine is a standard version, which does not comes with fog lamps and led lights. Are we able to get those from the aftermarket? 

Clutched | Today, 07:46 AM

Gear knob leather peel off. 3 months ago reported at leng kee liao still no stock. Really poor service. Very disspointed.Be gentle when cleaning. Really lousy quality.

Turbocharged

Never go banged tables ah bro? 3 whole months leh. Take sampan also not that long la.  [hur]

Clutched | Today, 07:46 AM
Gear knob leather peel off. 3 months ago reported at leng kee liao still no stock. Really poor service. Very disspointed.Be gentle when cleaning. Really lousy quality.

Neutral Newbie

Noticed quite a few new mazda 2s on road lately ...especially in soul red. see at least one a day lately nowadays !

I have a soul red M2. Touch up is a problem as most workshops dun have the paint!

Good review. Totally spot on. If avg size passengers, it's definitely ok.

Deluxe gets sat nav, auto sense wipers, rear camera, 16" rims, premium design comd controller like conti, 4 airbags, led headlights , drl auto headlights.

Worth the extra 5k. All factory fitted.

Fully agree

Neutral Newbie

Replaced my first Gen Mazda 2 with the new one,have been driving the new Mazda 2 for 3+ weeks. Overall satisfied with the new M2 but I'll still miss the old one in some ways.

The lower headroom and tighter space in the front seats required a bit of adjusting to though I'm petite. The boot is way smalller too. The old M2 is more spacious but the new one feels more 'solid', steering is also heavier.

It's a quieter drive than the old one, though sometimes I depress the pedal just slightly harder can hear the engine roar. Accidentally exceeded 3k rpm a few times within the first 1000km, the car sprinted to action. Have yet to try the sports mode, will only do so after the 1k servicing, but the car is responsive enough without sports mode.

Had a surprise with FC, the old one only fetched 13-14km per litre. The new one fetched 740km on 37litres, which is an amazing 20km/l, on 85% expressway. Shall continue to monitor it to see if it's really so fuel saving. I didn't switch off the i-stop mode but I don't often feel the engine switching off and restarting, most of the times I only feel it when I stop to position my car for parking. At those times i-stop becomes a nuisance because the car totally stop and engine cut off, I had to tap the accelerator to reactivate the engine. Whereas stopping and moving off at traffic lights,95% of the time, I don't think the engine disengage and restart. Is it because I don't brake hard enough?

Another issue is during reversing, these few days I feel strong vibration coming from somewhere, probably the brakes, not when I first start reversing, but after reversing about 1-2 seconds. Anyone encountered this issue? (I know nth abt car mechanisms, would appreciate layman explanation.)

I had a tough time calling the ubi service centre to make appointment for servicing. Tried calling several days in Dec and no one ever picked up the phone. Too many Mazda sold and not enough manpower to handle servicing? Someone finally answered after I called in early Jan, and waited several minutes on the phone until I almost gave up, and Saturday servicing full until late Feb. Think I must book service appointment for 5k when I go for 1k servicing, calling the service centre hotline is really time consuming.

You are correct. The servicing cannot keep up with the strong sales of Mazda. I have to book appt way in advance.

I did experience squeaky sound during the first 1000km at the rear brakes. A new car owner ever asked me the same question in a petrol station. After driving for a while, the squeaky sound went away.  

Turbocharged

Buy the touch up paint from TEK. 

I have a soul red M2. Touch up is a problem as most workshops dun have the paint!

Do your servicing with 3rd party workshops. 

Just did my 20K servicing out of TEK.

You are correct. The servicing cannot keep up with the strong sales of Mazda. I have to book appt way in advance.

I did experience squeaky sound during the first 1000km at the rear brakes. A new car owner ever asked me the same question in a petrol station. After driving for a while, the squeaky sound went away.  

Turbocharged

Saw a mz2 hb used as L plate car. Weird choice!

is it the bright red one? It's been on the Ubi CDC course for a long time now. Seems like a good choice to me, it's small, communicative in handling and still easy to maneuver.

• Praise 1

is it the bright red one? It's been on the Ubi CDC course for a long time now. Seems like a good choice to me, it's small, communicative in handling and still easy to maneuver.

Rear windows quite small and hard to look out of leh, personally had problems initially haha..

I saw that at bbdc area. Would imagine its quite fun round the s course

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Which one how much?  [confused]

Rear windows quite small and hard to look out of leh, personally had problems initially haha..

I saw that at bbdc area. Would imagine its quite fun round the s course