Discussion for Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class

Dice

How come Mercs is having such crazy wait times nowadays? Is it for all models?

good design ... selling like hot cakes

not fast enough to bake the cake

long list of waiting customers until 2017/2018 liao

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Pre-Owned X3 x28

Brand New GLC250

Pre-Owned X4 x35i

Pre-Owned Lexus RX Turbo

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=613540&DL=2025

Take your pick

The beemers really look abit sian liao

U mean those 3 pre-owned going for approx. same price as new GLC?

No brainer right? Possible that the handling of the Beemers maybe better or the Lexus is more quiet and refined but I'll take the new Benz anytime!! Cheers!!

• Praise 3

Lexus always will have their own supporters no doubt and thus their used car prices are still pretty steep and but stable.

But for a lot of other folks, general feel is that BMW's design are really getting too boring and similar w no wow factor, driving capabilities aside, there really isn't any draw, hell even the new 7series looks like a duh besides a 3 year old S class.

As for Audi, they are no longer in the league of Merc/BMW to be honest. Now it is marketed as a more atas VW that's all..New A4 is less than 150k, that's cheaper than an IS turbo..good for sales, no good for the brand.

• Praise 4

This weekend bring my dad go vincar/c&c check out the glc..

See whether he likes anot

Lexus always will have their own supporters no doubt and thus their used car prices are still pretty steep and but stable.

But for a lot of other folks, general feel is that BMW's design are really getting too boring and similar w no wow factor, driving capabilities aside, there really isn't any draw, hell even the new 7series looks like a duh besides a 3 year old S class.

As for Audi, they are no longer in the league of Merc/BMW to be honest. Now it is marketed as a more atas VW that's all..New A4 is less than 150k, that's cheaper than an IS turbo..good for sales, no good for the brand.

Hi Otts bro, can pm me where did u buy your glc coupe and the price? Thanks
  • Praise 1

This weekend bring my dad go vincar/c&c check out the glc..

See whether he likes anot

Hi Otts bro, can pm me where did u buy your glc coupe and the price? Thanks

pm sent dude

Was at C&C today to check out the GLC with my friend. No test drive available. Wait time, about may/june for delivery. SE very confident, machiam not hungry for sales. It's true, she got many ah pek customers after us. Seems like those who just buy without test drive, because it's a Merc.

Frankly, the GLC is stunning. But that's because only the AMG line is on display. My main beef is that it's man made leather. Luxury brand, costing more than 200k, on man made leather?

Just on outlook alone, I can see GLC is so popular. And it's cheaper than a NX200t Luxury edition! Seems like a no brainer to get one.

Edited by Theoldjaffa
  • Praise 2

Trust me, Nx200t luxury is much cheaper... Talk to BM SE and you will get the actual selling price. You actually get more standard equipment in nx than the glc. To spec glc up to nx level... You can easily add another 15-20k on top of the base glc price. So not really a no brainer. Ultimately, the buyer will have to decide if he is willing to pay the premium for glc when nx makes more money sense.

Not for or against real leather but I can show you the state of the driver seat real factory leather from a 7yr old Lexus... Not pretty.

Synthetic leather has come a long way and maintenance has been proven to be much less demanding than genuine leather.

To me, I am ambivalent about real vs synthetic leather so not a real consideration when car shopping. Whatever leather that the car comes in, just make sure they come fitted from factory. Locally fitted stuff are just not the same...

Was at C&C today to check out the GLC with my friend. No test drive available. Wait time, about may/june for delivery. SE very confident, machiam not hungry for sales. It's true, she got many ah pek customers after us. Seems like those who just buy without test drive, because it's a Merc.

Frankly, the GLC is stunning. But that's because only the AMG line is on display. My main beef is that it's man made leather. Luxury brand, costing more than 200k, on man made leather?

Just on outlook alone, I can see GLC is so popular. And it's cheaper than a NX200t Luxury edition! Seems like a no brainer to get one.

• Praise 4

Ya I can't look past not having real leather on a car in this price bracket. Lucky mine got, together w the amg stuff.

probably catered to the vegetarian market folks. But real leather is still much sort after. 

GLC for the vegetarian market folks ... the car spec is sibei bare bone

like wanton noodle with no wantoon and charsiew but spring onion only

and it is still price at premium hor

to make it "palatable" get ready to pay more and more

Lexus is the wanton noodle with everything and serve in big portion ... lol

probably catered to the vegetarian market folks. But real leather is still much sort after.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

for the benefit of forumers having GLC and NX Luxury/F-sport (AD specced model) in the their shopping cart deciding which one to check out on, I share some of the research and information I accumulated while doing my own shopping a couple of months back. Pardon me if the details are a little rusty.

I shall skip the nity gritty details on aesthetics since it is pretty personal (eg. @Radx said the NX front grill looks like his favourite part of the female anatomy...i digressed [:p] )

Engine:

Pretty similar 2.0T engine for both with similar torque at 350nm. HP figure GLC lower by 20 but acceleration timing is pretty matched up. I think it has something to do with the AWD and 9-Gtronics which I shall elaborate later.

Transmission:

NX is the trusty 6 speeder while the GLC has the all new 9-Gtronics. I can only compare the 9-Gtronics with the prev 7Gtronics, it is much smoother. More ratios to play with and an efficient smooth gear engagement process contributed to the acceleration figure despite having a lower HP figure.

Drivetrain:

NX AWD is a full time FWD and part time AWD which engage only when slip is detected. 

GLC 4matic is a full time AWD with a permanent 45:55 front/rear split with a more rear wheel driven sporty bias

The 4matic probably contributed to the straight line acceleration figure by transferring the power to the ground better.

Lighting:

GLC comes with Intelligent LED System which means is full LED and is active (cornering illumination etc)

NX come with Tri-LED system which I assume is active as well.

Parking:

GLC only rear view camera but has automatic parking

NX has all round 360 view and IIRC automatic parking

Interior comforts:

GLC artico synthetic leather

NX real leather

GLC seat ventilation is an option

NX standard

GLC panoramic roof is a 7K option

NX panoramic roof is standard for luxury and not available for F-sport

GLC rear seat has only 2 adjustable angle

NX rear sear has electronic variable angle adjustment for the luxury version. not available for F-sport (IIRC)

GLC factory stock Audio 20 entertainment system with 8 speakers

NX lexus 10 speakers system (not the Mark Levinsons IIRC)

Safety:

GLC Collision Prevention Assist Plus + Adaptive braking.... essentially it uses sensors to detect front traffic and give visual and audio warning to warn if you are travelling too close and there will be partial autonomous braking if the system feels that you are not braking hard enough. Not full automatic braking but it helps reduce the chance of impact and extend of damage

NX no such system.

Warranty:

GLC 3 years

NX 5 years

hope this helps!

[laugh]

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 7

for the benefit of forumers having GLC and NX Luxury/F-sport (AD specced model) in the their shopping cart deciding which one to check out on, I share some of the research and information I accumulated while doing my own shopping a couple of months back. Pardon me if the details are a little rusty.

I shall skip the nity gritty details on aesthetics since it is pretty personal (eg. @Radx said the NX front grill looks like his favourite part of the female anatomy...i digressed [:p] )

Engine:

Pretty similar 2.0T engine for both with similar torque at 350nm. HP figure GLC lower by 20 but acceleration timing is pretty matched up. I think it has something to do with the AWD and 9-Gtronics which I shall elaborate later.

Transmission:

NX is the trusty 6 speeder while the GLC has the all new 9-Gtronics. I can only compare the 9-Gtronics with the prev 7Gtronics, it is much smoother. More ratios to play with and an efficient smooth gear engagement process contributed to the acceleration figure despite having a lower HP figure.

Drivetrain:

NX AWD is a full time FWD and part time AWD which engage only when slip is detected.

GLC 4matic is a full time AWD with a permanent 45:55 front/rear split with a more rear wheel driven sporty bias

The 4matic probably contributed to the straight line acceleration figure by transferring the power to the ground better.

Lighting:

GLC comes with Intelligent LED System which means is full LED and is active (cornering illumination etc)

NX come with Tri-LED system which I assume is active as well.

Parking:

GLC only rear view camera but has automatic parking

NX has all round 360 view and IIRC automatic parking

Interior comforts:

GLC artico synthetic leather

NX real leather

GLC seat ventilation is an option

NX standard

GLC panoramic roof is a 7K option

NX panoramic roof is standard for luxury and not available for F-sport

GLC rear seat has only 2 adjustable angle

NX rear sear has electronic variable angle adjustment for the luxury version. not available for F-sport (IIRC)

GLC factory stock Audio 20 entertainment system with 8 speakers

NX lexus 10 speakers system (not the Mark Levinsons IIRC)

Safety:

GLC Collision Prevention Assist Plus + Adaptive braking.... essentially it uses sensors to detect front traffic and give visual and audio warning to warn if you are travelling too close and there will be partial autonomous braking if the system feels that you are not braking hard enough. Not full automatic braking but it helps reduce the chance of impact and extend of damage

NX no such system.

Warranty:

GLC 3 years

NX 5 years

hope this helps!

[laugh]

Thanks bro! can't praise you again so I'll give you 500 points here.

It's Pretty spot on. Was at both C&C and BM just yesterday so I remember the differences.

As a Lexus owner myself, I prefer the NX for its luxury and high specs which contribute to the overall luxurious feel. Looks wise, it's ok but will be great if it's wider.

The GLC looks damn good from the outside in AMG kit trim, which makes me continuously want to look at it. The interior is not bad, but doesn't feel as much luxurious. Artico is a let down. The glossy console is a fingerprint magnet. But the badge and current exclusivity makes it a worthwhile proposition too, along with potential resale.

Anyway it's my friend who is shortlisting this two. Will copy and paste ur post for him to read.

Oh ya, so I suppose u chose the NX?

• Praise 2

I went with the heart despite my brain and pocket screaming in protest.

the GLC  :D.

definitely not a no brianer decision yah after such indept analysis
so what you choose?

on contrary no.....sometimes it is the overall package that seals the deal.. and in this case the GLC is a better overall package that speaks to me.

or maybe I am pissed that BM only offer me 1k more for a current lexus owner and that they low ball even their own lexus car trade in.... [:p]

[wave] lexus

Thanks bro! can't praise you again so I'll give you 500 points here.

It's Pretty spot on. Was at both C&C and BM just yesterday so I remember the differences.

As a Lexus owner myself, I prefer the NX for its luxury and high specs which contribute to the overall luxurious feel. Looks wise, it's ok but will be great if it's wider.

The GLC looks damn good from the outside in AMG kit trim, which makes me continuously want to look at it. The interior is not bad, but doesn't feel as much luxurious. Artico is a let down. The glossy console is a fingerprint magnet. But the badge and current exclusivity makes it a worthwhile proposition too, along with potential resale.

Anyway it's my friend who is shortlisting this two. Will copy and paste ur post for him to read.

Oh ya, so I suppose u chose the NX?

↡ Advertisement