Discussion for Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class

Dice

C&C also no test drive. My take is if a car is available at AD, buy AD. warranty aside, if there's any recall in future, the AD car is covered.

But i reckon c&c left out alot of options but sell at a higher/same price Edited by Rayoflight
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

But i reckon c&c left out alot of options but sell at a higher/same price

Yup that's why you have to weigh your options.

Peace of mind or more apparent upfront value for money

But i reckon c&c left out alot of options but sell at a higher/same price

I agree. I test drive in early in November at C&C. The standard list of equipment is quite basic. Delivery is promised in march/April then but they really low ball the trade in price of my F10.
  • Praise 2

I agree. I test drive in early in November at C&C. The standard list of equipment is quite basic. Delivery is promised in march/April then but they really low ball the trade in price of my F10.

I think everyone lowball the price of our f10 :( they want to take in his apr 2012 528i at depre 14,xxxk/yr lol

Kns

Edited by Rayoflight
  • Praise 1

Buyers must do their homework. Standard list of equipment is not too shabby IMHO.

List out the individual equipment against the equivalent PI (UK Specced) model and compare.

Some PI models sound fantastic with their package naming (eg. Premium package plus, extreme, ultimate...

• Praise 1

Buyers must do their homework. Standard list of equipment is not too shabby IMHO.

List out the individual equipment against the equivalent PI (UK Specced) model and compare.

Some PI models sound fantastic with their package naming (eg. Premium package plus, extreme, ultimate... ð), break down the individual components of the package to compare against CnC's specced model.

End of the day, the only fair statement I can say with regards to PI vs CnC cars is that PI offers more variety to pick and choose what equipment you need, want or don't want. That is, if you can find a ready stock car specced to what you like and colour. If factory order via PI also offers more flexibility in the list you want to tick off but you risk PI running away before your car is being made.

As what some bros here mentioned, CnC for peace of mind at a premium pricing. PI if you have a very specific list of equipment that you want to tick off.

How you want to spend your money is very individual. No right or wrong just whether you go in having done your homework and your eyes wide open.

I also wish I can buy a GLC at PI price, with CnC warranty and reliability. ð

Good advice, unlike my colleague who just said "got money to buy Merc, still wanna penny pinch by buying from PI meh... Very su seh leh".

Yeah he's a cbk haha

But with all the recalls nowadays, going agent route will be safer.

One business counterpart bought an A7 from PI 5 years ago, gearbox broke down after a year, out of warranty, spent 15k on repair and replacement :/

PI may give warranty but is their warranty really got "pah kay" anot?

For b&b cars which are nice and not available at AD, like Harrier, ok la since it's attractively priced and lots of parts available. Mersaylee, dun pray pray lah.

• Praise 3

i will only buy from PI

1. ready stock

2. spec to spec compare with AD ... can accept some omit if the feature is not really a deal breaker

3. price must be at least $30k cheaper (if not no point)

4. warranty ... take a calculated risk, hence point 3 is critical

5. buy already fcuk the warranty and pray ... beside PI warranty is nothing much than the $5k warranty they pay to ah beng workshop

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 3

i will only buy from PI

1. ready stock

2. spec to spec compare with AD ... can accept some omit if the feature is not really a deal breaker

5. buy already fcuk the warranty and pray ... beside PI warranty is nothing much than the $5k warranty they pay to ah beng workshop

I would tell them Minus the 5k for the warranty and charge me 5k less. No need warranty. So 35k cheaper is a good saving and hope nothing goes wrong in the 3years. Warranty from the local ah beng workshops is a good as toilet paper. They will play the waiting game with you. Saying no parts must order, sorry it wear and tear etc.

Just FYI. You can airfreight any parts from Germany and receive it less than 2weeks. I have been ordering parts like this a few times already. Cost is really hardly much more.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 4

I used to screw the warranty also. I bought my Alfa 159 new in 2010. Only went for first servicing with agent. My rationale is if my car is a lemon, within the first month all the problems will have surfaced.

So apart from an IU problem which took them half a day to troubleshoot and eventually blame on faulty IU, I went to vicom so they settled in 5 mins, saying just a connection problem.

Since my car had no issues, and the AD sucks, I decided to screw the warranty and service outside.

End up in less than a year, my gearbox chut pattern, and I'm not covered under warranty. Expensive lesson.

So now I'm quite hung up on warranty especially for cars whose potential repair bills can be quite high.

Haha. You can only say screw the warranty for more reliable cars. I would do it for most japs and for conti only merc and maybe maybe BMW. The rest cannot la. Some can bleed you until you as much as the omv! Ha

yeah ... especially don't play play with porky ...

buy from PI really have to open eyes big big

they price their car cheaper and also because the spec is lower

imagine PI profit margin is as thick as AD (may be less 10%) and yet provide close to 0 warranty and can anyhow close shop and not to mention the RISK that comes with it ... delay and fcuk you up with cock-n-bull story

Haha. You can only say screw the warranty for more reliable cars. I would do it for most japs and for conti only merc and maybe maybe BMW. The rest cannot la. Some can bleed you until you as much as the omv! Ha

Edited by Wt_know
  • Dislike 1

i will only buy from PI

1. ready stock

Bro, can't agree more. You need to pay to get AD to adopt your car anyway.

there are PI which have their own workshops rather than using 3rd party workshops

C&C also no test drive. My take is if a car is available at AD, buy AD. warranty aside, if there's any recall in future, the AD car is covered.

actually if u buy car from C&C, can straight away ignore their warranty and go to other workshop for service & repairs

there are PI which have their own workshops rather than using 3rd party workshops

actually if u buy car from C&C, can straight away ignore their warranty and go to other workshop for service & repairs

Then might as well pay lesser and buy from PI right

for me the formula is simple, CnC no have diesel one, I want diesel. So to save a couple 10Ks and get a diesel and a highly spec unit made my decision process a whole lot easier, not to mention ex stock in the colour of my choice and a very reputable PI.

For Merc, very easy to know whats spec on the car, just get the vin number and decode it online. No one can BS u

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1