Discussion for Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class

Dice

Hi folks,

I didn’t purchase the navigation option from C&C. So, when I press the Navi button, it says “No memory card containing navigation software inserted”.

Does anyone know if I can install the navigation function from some third party workshop? If yes, any recommendation and price?

Thanks!

Maverick

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi all,

am seriously looking at GLC250 SUV from PIs or AD.

Visited Vin*** and Coff****, one of them actually quoted me 2$k more than what it has published on sgcarmart. I then asked him what is the "best" price, he reduced $2k which same as sgcarmart.. Zzzz

Can anyone PM or share with me the deal that you've gotten and which PI? I know different PIs have different specs which I will compared myself. Preferably looking at AMG line.

AD pricing is quite fixed although with their overtrade, service credits, they still away from PIs of 15K-20K. (yes I am aware of the risks as I used to drive a PI GTI)

Willing to go AD if price can better but I am bad at bargaining.

Thanks in advance!

I bought mine from AD as the PI models didn’t have the options that I wanted. I suggest asking for about $12k below their asking price or published price and then negotiate from there.

PIs were still pinging me a few weeks after I visited them.

I decided to go AD also because the price different was about $15k. For E200, the gap is huge, and I would have gone with PI if I chose the E200.

Maverick

• Praise 1

$15k only?

it’s a no brainer to buy from AD

take it as $3k warranty cost per year for 5 years

1 serious issue might cost $10k liao

Edited by Wt_know

Supercharged

$15k only?

Last time the value of getting PI GLC is that immediate stock and registration.

Go C&C need to squat there for 6+ months wait

• Praise 1

Hi all,

am seriously looking at GLC250 SUV from PIs or AD.

Visited Vin*** and Coff****, one of them actually quoted me 2$k more than what it has published on sgcarmart. I then asked him what is the "best" price, he reduced $2k which same as sgcarmart.. Zzzz

Can anyone PM or share with me the deal that you've gotten and which PI? I know different PIs have different specs which I will compared myself. Preferably looking at AMG line.

AD pricing is quite fixed although with their overtrade, service credits, they still away from PIs of 15K-20K. (yes I am aware of the risks as I used to drive a PI GTI)

Willing to go AD if price can better but I am bad at bargaining.

Thanks in advance!

I am having the same idea as you.. How much did Vin offer?

Don’t even know the difference between the base and the amg difference..

I bought mine from AD as the PI models didnât have the options that I wanted. I suggest asking for about $12k below their asking price or published price and then negotiate from there.

PIs were still pinging me a few weeks after I visited them.

I decided to go AD also because the price different was about $15k. For E200, the gap is huge, and I would have gone with PI if I chose the E200.

Maverick

Care to share the option difference between the AMG of ADs and PIs that make you shift to AD? Cause compare price list is flat 30k difference man.. been eyeing this car for awhile..
  • Praise 1

In addition, when selling, the dealers will low ball us if it is from PI.

$15k only?

• Praise 1

Donât even know the difference between the base and the amg difference..

Care to share the option difference between the AMG of ADs and PIs that make you shift to AD? Cause compare price list is flat 30k difference man.. been eyeing this car for awhile..

Have to clarify a bit...

It’s impossible to have a fair comparison as PI models come as it is, anything else is locally modified. For me, the price difference on paper was about $23k. However, the PI config varies and many can’t really confirm the features until the car is shipped out of the ADs in UK or HK that they buy from. In general, I can’t find these features which I value:

1) Ambient lights - really nice feature

2) side floor boards - some have some don’t

3) ILS LED lights - most PI model don’t or can’t confirm. Was told this is quite expensive.

4) I wanted the 360 camera which I think is reasonable for $1,500 from AD. Very few PIs can offer this or have to do local install.

5) $5k service credit from AD

So, I estimate if I nego from PI down another $5k, gap would only be $15k. Rather subjective, I know. In the end, I would rather wait 6 months to get the exact config that I want then compromise. Tough long wait though. Mine is the GLC coupe btw.

When u say AMG, not sure what u mean. Coupe comes with the AMG kit... love the diamond grills! All cosmetics though... far away from the real AMG 43 and AMG 63.

Hope this helps u make a better decision. COE has dropped a lot since I bought in June 2017, contrary to my prediction of higher COE prices. Hopefully, makes buying decision easier.

Maverick

• Praise 3

Don’t even know the difference between the base and the amg difference..

Vin 189K standard, 197K amg line

AD with their OT, service credits offers don't allow me to add-on amg line option. If want amg option, got to forgo these perks. 

Delivery time line around Aug/Sept. 

• Praise 1

In addition, when selling, the dealers will low ball us if it is from PI.

Was told that but I haven’t bought from PI before so can only rely on other people’s experience.

my colleague got his GLC 250 AMG Coupe right before CNY ...

sibei swee [thumbsup]

waited 4 months ...

Vin 189K standard, 197K amg line

AD with their OT, service credits offers don't allow me to add-on amg line option. If want amg option, got to forgo these perks.

Delivery time line around Aug/Sept.

Edited by Wt_know

I agree except for the erected display. Looks so cheap as if it is after market clipped one.

I think Mercy interior is the best in its class

I agree except for the erected display. Looks so cheap as if it is after market clipped one.

while the new gen is stylo.

MBWP_Dashboard_Slider.jpg?s=810930

• Praise 1

Supersonic

while the new gen is stylo.

MBWP_Dashboard_Slider.jpg?s=810930

Current generation of Mercedes Benz cars are well designed for most models.

Supersonic

Damn looking at previous page comments

I think C&C should comes up with two GLC version

GLC High SES

GLC Low SES

Don’t they oredi hv that on all their models?

GLC 200 vs GLC250

E200 vs E250

C180 vs C200

etc, etc

• Praise 1