Qatar Airways New Airbus A350

Boringchap

In my other thread, I slammed the Qatar Airways Boeing 787 Economy class product for the cramped seating.

To be fair to Qatar, this thread is about giving good feedback on their newest A350 aircraft economy product. It is really good!
We only got to fly the A350 on the final leg of our journey, which was the Doha-Singapore leg.
This is the picture of the cockpit (from the aerobridge) of the Airbus A350, after landing at Changi.
11alk6t.jpg
Here is my flight review video of the A350 experience.
Qatar Airways A350 Flight on the new Airbus A350 from Doha to Singapore. It was a 0700hrs departure from Doha and landed in Singapore at 1950 hrs local time.
We were travelling from London to Singapore, with a 45 minute layover in Doha. We had a 45 minute layover in Doha. The transfer was rather rushed, but still do-able. QR 002 landed in Doha on time, but we did not have an aero-bridge. We had to take a bus to the terminal, similar to earlier experience.
At Doha, we had to re-do security screening, which fortunately was very fast and hassle free. There were many transfer passengers, however, I noticed that they cleared us very quickly as compared to say LHR. Some kind of huge yellow ultra big toy in the middle of the hall? Didn't have time to take a look. This picture was taken while walking!
1zow1mc.jpg
We boarded the aircraft rather late, i.e. almost all the other passengers had boarded. From the transfer security area, it was a rather long walk to the gate for the Airbus A350 flight to Singapore. I recall it was at Gate B8. See the time stamp on the Gate - 0647hrs! Yes, we got there just in the nick of time.
28k1o5x.jpg
The plane was new. This flight was rather empty so I had an empty seat beside me. Seat space was decent and the IFE system was modern with a nifty touchscreen.I found this video clip on the touchscreen IFE. Exciting!
ml2tyt.jpg
Onboard the aircraft now. Here is the safety card, Airbus A350-900. I found the safety card to be unexpectedly worn and used, I wonder why. I had thought the A350 was a very new aircraft?
2el9t3r.jpg
I was seated near the front of the aircraft. It was a day flight and I think most pax were not sleepy, unlike us.
2ce6mbc.jpg
This is how the IFE system looked like. Very modern, and even better than the system on the Boeing 787.
2gy3yhe.jpg
Service on board was good. Overall, Qatar offers a top notch product. Pity, however, the seat space on the Boeing 787 is terrible - that is for another video review.
For the food, we had two meals. First meal of breakfast was served shortly after takeoff. We had three choices of the hot meal. I had the Asian inspired Thai-style with fried rice. As this was breakfast, it felt too early for alcohol, but I think I had some.
29zrhc9.jpg
After breakfast, I had a decent sleep, about 4 hours. Woke up about 2 hours before landing. The next meal served before landing was a light one. Sandwich plus cake and drinks. Still, it was a definitely a good snack. Taste was good, presentation was good.
4gitjt.jpg
Landing in SIN was on time.
The FAs were very pleasant and attentive throughout. I appreciate the extra attention they showered on my two kids.
In this video, I also remember the recent earthquake tragedy in Mt Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia. Several young primary school children and teachers lost their lives, due to falling boulders. Rest in peace.
2uhxxmp.jpg
Thanks for reading.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Thank you for sharing your experience. How much did your tickets cost you anyway?

Cheap. About $3,800 for the 4 of us (2 adults plus 2 kids). My wife did the bookings and I don't know how she found the deal.

I just checked the Qatar website for flights to London next year (April, May June region) and the prices are very expensive, more than $6,000 for the 4 of us.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

In my other thread, I slammed the Qatar Airways Boeing 787 Economy class product for the cramped seating.

To be fair to Qatar, this thread is about giving good feedback on their newest A350 aircraft economy product. It is really good!

We only got to fly the A350 on the final leg of our journey, which was the Doha-Singapore leg.
This is the picture of the cockpit (from the aerobridge) of the Airbus A350, after landing at Changi.
11alk6t.jpg
Here is my flight review video of the A350 experience.
Qatar Airways A350 Flight on the new Airbus A350 from Doha to Singapore. It was a 0700hrs departure from Doha and landed in Singapore at 1950 hrs local time.
We were travelling from London to Singapore, with a 45 minute layover in Doha. We had a 45 minute layover in Doha. The transfer was rather rushed, but still do-able. QR 002 landed in Doha on time, but we did not have an aero-bridge. We had to take a bus to the terminal, similar to earlier experience.
At Doha, we had to re-do security screening, which fortunately was very fast and hassle free. There were many transfer passengers, however, I noticed that they cleared us very quickly as compared to say LHR. Some kind of huge yellow ultra big toy in the middle of the hall? Didn't have time to take a look. This picture was taken while walking!
1zow1mc.jpg
We boarded the aircraft rather late, i.e. almost all the other passengers had boarded. From the transfer security area, it was a rather long walk to the gate for the Airbus A350 flight to Singapore. I recall it was at Gate B8. See the time stamp on the Gate - 0647hrs! Yes, we got there just in the nick of time.
The plane was new. This flight was rather empty so I had an empty seat beside me. Seat space was decent and the IFE system was modern with a nifty touchscreen.I found this video clip on the touchscreen IFE. Exciting!
Onboard the aircraft now. Here is the safety card, Airbus A350-900. I found the safety card to be unexpectedly worn and used, I wonder why. I had thought the A350 was a very new aircraft?
I was seated near the front of the aircraft. It was a day flight and I think most pax were not sleepy, unlike us.
2ce6mbc.jpg
This is how the IFE system looked like. Very modern, and even better than the system on the Boeing 787.
Service on board was good. Overall, Qatar offers a top notch product. Pity, however, the seat space on the Boeing 787 is terrible - that is for another video review.
For the food, we had two meals. First meal of breakfast was served shortly after takeoff. We had three choices of the hot meal. I had the Asian inspired Thai-style with fried rice. As this was breakfast, it felt too early for alcohol, but I think I had some.
After breakfast, I had a decent sleep, about 4 hours. Woke up about 2 hours before landing. The next meal served before landing was a light one. Sandwich plus cake and drinks. Still, it was a definitely a good snack. Taste was good, presentation was good.
Landing in SIN was on time.
The FAs were very pleasant and attentive throughout. I appreciate the extra attention they showered on my two kids.
In this video, I also remember the recent earthquake tragedy in Mt Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia. Several young primary school children and teachers lost their lives, due to falling boulders. Rest in peace.
Thanks for reading.

ok to share what camera you were using?

(edited)

ok to share what camera you were using?

Sure. It is the Sony RX 100 II, bought sometime in mid 2013.

If you have got a better compact camera to recommend, please share.

I have shied away from DSLRs for now. The size of the Sony RX100 is about the max I can tolerate. I want the camera to fit into my pocket.

Edited by Boringchap

Turbocharged

I have shied away from DSLRs for now. The size of the Sony RX100 is about the max I can tolerate. I want the camera to fit into my pocket.

Thanks...the reason I asked is because the pics u posted looks very good.

nah, I am not a camera buff.... just a lazy pig who only uses camera phone. cheers

Lol checked Qatar airways website, seems like not easy to avoid taking the 787.

Indeed. They ordered 30 of these planes and more than 20 have been delivered.

great camera imho, always have a liking for camera with large aperture lenses. BTW, sony rx 100 mk IV available soon!!!

Thanks...the reason I asked is because the pics u posted looks very good.

nah, I am not a camera buff.... just a lazy pig who only uses camera phone. cheers

well as the saying goes, the best camera is the one that you have on hand ... or something along that line. And sure for most people, like 99.9%, that is the case, isn't it?

great camera imho, always have a liking for camera with large aperture lenses. BTW, sony rx 100 mk IV available soon!!!

well as the saying goes, the best camera is the one that you have on hand ... or something along that line. And sure for most people, like 99.9%, that is the case, isn't it?

Thanks for the info on the RX 100 MK IV. Sounds exciting. Now tempted to get this camera later this year. [:)]

Twincharged

Had the opportunity to try Qatar A350 business class

It is good. If company pay, I will choose SQ. If my own money, I will choose Qatar, about 20% cheaper.

lounge at Doha. which i understand to be just renovated.

post-30035-0-70291500-1459494614_thumb.jpg

getting wasted before the flight LOL

post-30035-0-01767400-1459494669_thumb.jpg

I enjoyed the beef

post-30035-0-36451900-1459494708_thumb.jpg

post-30035-0-61203000-1459494735_thumb.jpg

post-30035-0-40629000-1459494753_thumb.jpg

post-30035-0-41567100-1459494768_thumb.jpg

games room, but disappointingly it is PS3 and all the very old games

post-30035-0-13917800-1459494807_thumb.jpg

almost empty flight... i like 

post-30035-0-03594700-1459494840_thumb.jpg

post-30035-0-18116700-1459494871_thumb.jpg

post-30035-0-02827800-1459494888_thumb.jpg

post-30035-0-53038400-1459494905_thumb.jpg

post-30035-0-74796800-1459494928_thumb.jpg

post-30035-0-18108000-1459494952_thumb.jpg

post-30035-0-92091400-1459494968_thumb.jpg

• Praise 6

Twincharged

Thanks for the pictures. Yes, Qatar's business class product is famously good.

Served by a very pretty chinese stewardess who was staying in Doha

Seldom come across this standard in Sq these days

• Praise 2

Served by a very pretty chinese stewardess who was staying in Doha

Seldom come across this standard in Sq these days

Something like this type of   [:/] " standard "   :huh:   izzzit     [confused]

post-62943-0-05562700-1459601629.gif

post-62943-0-81404700-1459601644.jpg

post-62943-0-15057200-1459601704.png

post-62943-0-91558200-1459601763.png

• Praise 2

On an unrelated note, i am going UK next year with 2 young children next year (2 and 4+ respectively). 

With children, would you experienced travellers recommend a direct flight straight to Heathrow/manchester or a stop over in the middle east? 

Turbocharged

On an unrelated note, i am going UK next year with 2 young children next year (2 and 4+ respectively). 

With children, would you experienced travellers recommend a direct flight straight to Heathrow/manchester or a stop over in the middle east? 

Have you flown with them before?

Different kids have different peeves when flying.

My eldest was 18 mth on board the A380. She didn't like the interior of the plane and the only thing that put her at ease was carrying her and walking up and down the staircase from the upper deck (economy section) to the lower deck.

On another flight to SGN, the only thing that pacifies her was being able to remove all the magazines, emergency booklet etc and me putting them back - rinse and repeat.

On yet another flight, she was just content to play with the window and explore across 3 seats before we landed in SGN.

Having said that, some prefer a break for everyone to stretch their legs with a stop-over.

Personally, I prefer a direct flight. Just get it over and done with asap.  

↡ Advertisement