OBD/aftermarket HUD (heads up display)

7hm

Turbocharged

Even without window film, photochromic lenses don't seem to work in side cars. But I guess with it under the windshield in front of driver, might work.

But then without the UV from sun cut down by the film, yes, probably won't darken.

↡ Advertisement

Was at Comex earlier and came across this new HUD called iScout. It was developed in India and Singapore, actual product is made in China. Not yet available, its coming in in Nov. Cost $280 now with free shipping. Prices will increase after launching. http://www.spadetechs.com/iscout

Got a whole range of features,

-Navigation

-calls from mobile phone

-Blindspot camera

-etc.....

I asked them about the navigation and apparently, it will be the same maps as per Tomtom GPS map. Subscription is for life. It will update the map thru the app.

The biggest headache abt HUD is the reflective surface. Theirs is made from photochromic plastic which will darken under bright sunlight. I told him that most cars in SG have UV window film. Then he told me it will not work. :a-bang: Upon hearing that, I just walked away.

Its a good product but the visibility in bright sunlight is still [shakehead]

https://youtu.be/nDI-e0_2PtI

looks good, but after what u said. i think will forgo this and look for alternative.

Neutral Newbie

Can this be use on Toyota wish 06 model?

I'm interested the HUD you bought. Pls inform me whether we still be able to see clearly when we drive facing the bright sun. Thankyou. I use E3 HUD it isvery clear even when we drive facing the bright sun, unfortunately the RPM grafik figure a little late but the RPM figure number is working well.

I'm interested the HUD you bought. Pls inform me whether we still be able to see clearly when we drive facing the bright sun. Thankyou. I use E3 HUD it isvery clear even when we drive facing the bright sun, unfortunately the RPM grafik figure a little late but the RPM figure number is working well.

use the freeware apps and download to your phone.

Use a non slip dashboard mat and place your phone on it.

take a window tint that you normally get in your letter box and stick it on the front of the window.

Try it for a few days. IF that is still what you want then proceed to go buy one. Else its going to be a white elephant 

Edited by Sdf4786k

Wanna to ask... Will install HUD void AD warranty? And if the speedometer accurate? Thanks.

I have a simple one.

Not sure if it will void warranty but it's very easy to plug & unplug, like an usb port but much bigger. Maybe can get reputable ones so they won't screw with your system.

Speed displayed is the same as dashboard's where it's 5km/h faster than GPS but on the manual, it says you can adjust it so you need to get the ones that can.

There are also HUDs that uses GPS which will be more accurate (with a little lag) but it's useless to me because I mainly use the hud to drive at KPE/MCE where there's no GPS signal.

Edited by Nicholas

Taobao has the widest range. But it's troublesome to buy there. Ebay has fewer choices and prices are higher. Try aliexpress. I got mine recently from there.

hi , I also looking to buy of the selves. any idea where I can get it in spore those plug and play type to the obd port to display the usual parameters.

hi , I also looking to buy of the selves. any idea where I can get it in spore those plug and play type to the obd port to display the usual parameters.

Can just search online for easy comparisons of features and price like from Qoo10, Aliexpress or lazada. Search for OBD or HUD. 

I prefer to support local seller but saw one selling $150 which is the same one that I bought from Lazada (ship from china) for $25.  [hur]

just get the optional OBDII cable.

This HUDWAY cast projects information from the smartphone (yay!) but can't find the speed and the rest of the information (Temprature, RPM etc). 

The idea is so that you don't keep looking down at your phone or having the phone block part of the view of the road. 

Can use your favourite navigation eg. Waze and cast onto the screen

Use the optional OBDII to show Digital speedo/RPM on the screen. Even more detailed ones like engine error codes, water temperature etc.

from phone to HUD ? I thought that the HUD shld come together with the GPS ?   :mellow:  

Like that , maybe just buy a phone holder cheaper   <_<

:D

Online better. Local sellers will usually charge at least twice the price. And they also buy from the same online sources.

In searching a HUD which provides OBD information such as Battery Voltage, Water Temperature etc, I guess the Lufi Meter gauge is still the best and pricing is quite reasonable.

Neutral Newbie
On 1/9/2018 at 9:38 PM, Titanium said:

Wanna to ask... Will install HUD void AD warranty? And if the speedometer accurate? Thanks.

I also have the same question. ask AD can use OBD2 for HUD they don't reply me can or cannot.

On 2/11/2020 at 11:23 AM, ace75 said:

I also have the same question. ask AD can use OBD2 for HUD they don't reply me can or cannot.

If you have concern, you can use a bluetooth OBD2 and android app TORQUE.  Unlikely AD will know because you can keep them. 

↡ Advertisement