bellboy

(edited)

izwan3.gif

izwan1.gif

izwan2.gif

CHq3v5cVEAEP3Cv.jpg

CHqDGRmUkAACq0N.jpg

CHoPUFBVAAAszmv.png

😂😂😂😂....damn awesome display by Izwan and a blast of a caption....hahaha! If i remembered correctly we played Japan during the dont know what Cup qualifiers a few yrs ago....drew at home but lost 0-2 in the away game. This team had done better......go go lions! Edited by Eviilusion
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

And Izwan is not even the No.1 choice keeper?!

Izwan set to challenge Hassan for No. 1 jersey

LionsXII is not the Singapore team?

LionsXII is not the national team. Hassan sunny has been around for a long time. He is part of the Geylang utd youth product with Lionel Lewis. Izwan was the no 1 keeper for 2012 Suzuki cup winning squad.

if you saw the actual match, i only remember 1 tame shot from singapore straight into the japan keeper.

Singapore has not had a good striker for long. not surprised we didn;t have much shots on target.

Twincharged

I like this :-)

When a GK is on form, no shots can pass thru him :))

yes yes

liverpool found too out much to its dismay

keepers always become on form against pool

• Praise 5

not a bad tournament for singapore as we are not expected to do well in the first place. i think the lions gave a good credit of themselves throughout this qualifying. I am impressed by the defensive partnership of madhu and bai and of course gk izwan, whom i once thought will never made it as a good gk due to his height. safuwan is another useful player who is able to play in almost all position. add 2 more players in hariss and khairul armri and thats it, the rest of the singapore players are sadly not up to the mark.

can be ah q a bit, look slightly north where our fierce rival malaysia are getting hammered 10-0 by uae and 6-0 twice by palestine and we should feel slightly better.

considering most SEA teams except thailand are not doing well, the standard of football at SEA really leaves a lot to be desire.

• Praise 4

Full article in ST today ...

I tend to agree ... most of the blame should lie in the coach ...

Lesson learn: don't over promise ... and pls engage a competent one and we will have to start from scratch again

• Praise 2

Full article in ST today ...

I tend to agree ... most of the blame should lie in the coach ...

Lesson learn: don't over promise ... and pls engage a competent one and we will have to start from scratch again

Actually Raddy Avramovich was a good coach who took Singapore to greater heights ie Asean cup few times.

Guess FAS wanted more, get to Asian Cup Finals n final round of WC qualifying n decided to search for a "better" coach but as the saying goes "grass not always greener on the other side" n so it proved.

Not easy to coach our National team due to our population size n general attitude towards professional sports as a career. Nevertheless, the fight continues n next hurdle is to try qualifying for the Asian Cup, good luck boys!!

Edited by Spring
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9