• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
147 replies to this topic | 447 praises

Posted 21 June 2015 - 12:08 PM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

hi guys.

my baby birthday in august. was thinking of bringing her  and the family for a short getaway to celebrate.

maybe my parents/inlaws also joining us. biggest issue is that the birthday is over the national day long weekend. hopefully don't jam too much. lol

got any suggestions?

couple of ideas we are thinking of.

1) lotus desaru resort

- can eat seafood

-  can go the fruit farms / farms etc to see animals

- can go beach

2) port dickson

thinking of eagle ranch resort

relaxing time.

abit far for a 2yr old on her first road trip

any other farm stay type resort nearer to sg? preferable within 1-2 hr drive.

any comments or other suggestions?

thanks in advance.

Edited by Little_prince, 21 June 2015 - 12:11 PM.

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend it’s whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

HungryPaPa - https://instagram.com/hungrypapa/

Posted 21 June 2015 - 03:59 PM

Harlic9
  • Premium member
    Harlic9
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Farm stay type resort... UK agro farm resort? Not cheap though
Little_prince praised this

Posted 21 June 2015 - 08:50 PM

Skymax
  • Premium member
    Skymax
    5th Gear
    Author Image

1-2hrs drive. Have to be desaru. Can try the waterfall in kota tinggi first before heading to desaru. Lotus desaru hotel is best for family with its water theme park.
Suck»Squeeze»Bang»Blow»»Piss!

Posted 21 June 2015 - 08:52 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

D'Kranji Farm Resort. LOL...

No immigration jam, no traffic jams at the major malls....

Exotic but quiet getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city.

Drive around to visit various farms and eat at Ivy Singh's restoran.

Edited by Kangadrool, 21 June 2015 - 08:55 PM.

Neutrino praised this

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:00 AM

TVT
  • Premium member
    TVT
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Agreed on UK farm, if you want farm type stay, with lots of animals to view n ride. Kids will love it.

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:08 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Port dickson is far man.

Bit hard for a kid to stay in the car seat so long.

Not recommended. 

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:34 AM

Shorty
  • Premium member
    Shorty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

in the 1st place, i wouldnt even recommend going on that long wkend. confirm chop guaranteed long jam. unless if u move off early morning or go on wed 6th aug. take 1 day leave for that. don forget, the govt has given 7th aug as holiday as well. 

n also depends on ur kid. for me i drove to PD when my son was 1yr old. made 2 stops though.

Neutrino praised this
Don't Give Up Hope...No Matter How Hopeless U Are...
Psn id: STR8_ACE07
super noobie

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:21 AM

Blackaccent
  • Premium member
    Blackaccent
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hi all,

Thinking of driving to Kuantan on the National Day long weekend.

Any suggestion what is the best time to move off? 4am on 7 Aug?

hi guys.

my baby birthday in august. was thinking of bringing her  and the family for a short getaway to celebrate.

maybe my parents/inlaws also joining us. biggest issue is that the birthday is over the national day long weekend. hopefully don't jam too much. lol

got any suggestions?

1) lotus desaru resort

- can eat seafood

- can go beach

2) port dickson

relaxing time.

thanks in advance.

Edited by Blackaccent, 22 June 2015 - 11:21 AM.

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:22 AM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

thanks bro...

saw it too... will check it out...

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend it’s whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:22 AM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

hmm

ya lor..

good point..

in the 1st place, i wouldnt even recommend going on that long wkend. confirm chop guaranteed long jam. unless if u move off early morning or go on wed 6th aug. take 1 day leave for that. don forget, the govt has given 7th aug as holiday as well. 

n also depends on ur kid. for me i drove to PD when my son was 1yr old. made 2 stops though.

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:23 AM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi all,

Thinking of driving to Kuantan on the National Day long weekend.

Any suggestion what is the best time to move off? 4am on 7 Aug?

7 aug also holiday.

i think some bro here pointed out correctly that the night before will already start to jam...

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:55 AM

Blackaccent
  • Premium member
    Blackaccent
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

7 aug also holiday.

i think some bro here pointed out correctly that the night before will already start to jam...

That is what I am afraid of..... Jam thru out the night.

So just trying to see if any of the bros here have some experience to share on the best timing to leave the causeway with much jam. Thanks in advance.

hi guys.

got any suggestions?

1) lotus desaru resort

- can eat seafood

- can go beach

2) port dickson

relaxing time.

thanks in advance.

Lotus Desaru is very crowded.

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:02 PM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

That is what I am afraid of..... Jam thru out the night.

So just trying to see if any of the bros here have some experience to share on the best timing to leave the causeway with much jam. Thanks in advance.

Lotus Desaru is very crowded.

ya lor

think that whole weekend will be super crowded everywhere.

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:13 PM

oleandero
  • Premium member
    oleandero
    5th Gear
    Author Image

D'Kranji Farm Resort. LOL...

No immigration jam, no traffic jams at the major malls....

Exotic but quiet getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city.

Drive around to visit various farms and eat at Ivy Singh's restoran.

Have you been there?

I wanted to book a weekend stay with family there but after reading the bad reviews, i decided not..

a summary of the reviews: no 3g reception, no wifi, loads of mosquitoes/flies, sandy, lousy room/cleaning service, noisy karaoke in the restaurant, awful food.. nothing much to do..

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:15 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Been there to recce, but never stay 'cos "not worth" and stayed in much worse situations than this resort before. [laugh]

However, not necessary to stay there for a night if you have a car to move around those farms.

Have you been there?

I wanted to book a weekend stay with family there but after reading the bad reviews, i decided not..

a summary of the reviews: no 3g reception, no wifi, loads of mosquitoes/flies, sandy, lousy room/cleaning service, noisy karaoke in the restaurant, awful food.. nothing much to do..

Edited by Kangadrool, 22 June 2015 - 12:16 PM.

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:16 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

ya lor

try bintan or batam, no need to jam at custom  :D

Baal praised this
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:21 PM

Shorty
  • Premium member
    Shorty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i guess if u go at 2-4am should b no jam. normally it will start at 6 onwards. but if short getaway, driving out at 4am is crazy. by the time u reach the destination only 7am at most. 

Don't Give Up Hope...No Matter How Hopeless U Are...
Psn id: STR8_ACE07
super noobie

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:38 PM

Blackaccent
  • Premium member
    Blackaccent
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

i guess if u go at 2-4am should b no jam. normally it will start at 6 onwards. but if short getaway, driving out at 4am is crazy. by the time u reach the destination only 7am at most. 

Exactly, if managed to clear the MY customs, reach the breakfast stop I planned still very early leh. Haiz...

ya lor

But I think further up like PD will be better. At least more resorts there to spread out the crowds.

Lotus has no free wifi in the room if you like to surf the net. RM$10 / day. Lobby, I am not sure.

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:42 PM

Spanly
  • Premium member
    Spanly
    5th Gear
    Author Image

7 aug also holiday.

The only way is to take leave on 6 aug & you can even choose to go off on 5 aug & perhaps that can beat the jam?

Another consideration is not to go up north to M'sia but down south instead. Via ferry to Batam or Bintan? Batam nothing much but Bintan's beaches are nicer so can consider booking one of the seaside resort over there... the kid can play sand... adults have bbq?

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:52 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If this super long weekend, don't save money. Just fly. haha

try bintan or batam, no need to jam at custom  :D

stuck at tanah merah ferry terminal on way back also NTA.

unless got someone to come ferry you.

Back to Travel & Road Trips  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: short, holiday, family and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users