Suggestions for short drive getaway?

Little_prince

7 aug also holiday.

i think some bro here pointed out correctly that the night before will already start to jam...

The only way is to take leave on 6 aug & you can even choose to go off on 5 aug & perhaps that can beat the jam?

Another consideration is not to go up north to M'sia but down south instead. Via ferry to Batam or Bintan? Batam nothing much but Bintan's beaches are nicer so can consider booking one of the seaside resort over there... the kid can play sand... adults have bbq?

↡ Advertisement

If this super long weekend, don't save money. Just fly. haha

try bintan or batam, no need to jam at custom :D

stuck at tanah merah ferry terminal on way back also NTA.

unless got someone to come ferry you.

If this super long weekend, don't save money. Just fly. haha

stuck at tanah merah ferry terminal on way back also NTA.

unless got someone to come ferry you.

call Uber [laugh]

Hi all,

Thinking of driving to Kuantan on the National Day long weekend.

Any suggestion what is the best time to move off? 4am on 7 Aug?

The last time I went to Malaysia on a long weekend, I woke up at 2 am and left home 3am.

By 3.30am, I am at Tuas Checkpoint. Very very smooth but got a couple of cars too.

By 6.15 at sungei besi toll [sly]

You can try going to Kukup, 45 minutes away from 2nd link. Went there once but didn't like it.

Haven for flies :mellow:

hi guys.

my baby birthday in august. was thinking of bringing her and the family for a short getaway to celebrate.

maybe my parents/inlaws also joining us. biggest issue is that the birthday is over the national day long weekend. hopefully don't jam too much. lol

got any suggestions?

couple of ideas we are thinking of.

1) lotus desaru resort

- can eat seafood

- can go the fruit farms / farms etc to see animals

- can go beach

2) port dickson

thinking of eagle ranch resort

relaxing time.

abit far for a 2yr old on her first road trip

any other farm stay type resort nearer to sg? preferable within 1-2 hr drive.

any comments or other suggestions?

thanks in advance.

Supercharged

The last time I went to Malaysia on a long weekend, I woke up at 2 am and left home 3am.

By 3.30am, I am at Tuas Checkpoint. Very very smooth but got a couple of cars too.

You can try going to Kukup, 45 minutes away from 2nd link. Went there once but didn't like it.

Kukup is definitely not the place for kids lah, unless you want to bored them to death.

hi guys.

my baby birthday in august. was thinking of bringing her and the family for a short getaway to celebrate.

maybe my parents/inlaws also joining us. biggest issue is that the birthday is over the national day long weekend. hopefully don't jam too much. lol

got any suggestions?

couple of ideas we are thinking of.

1) lotus desaru resort

- can eat seafood

- can go the fruit farms / farms etc to see animals

- can go beach

I was at Lotus last weekend. Kids will love the place due to the water theme park and the many activities that the Recreation team will conduct daily. You can also drive out to visit the fruit farms and there is a popular ostrich farm nearby too. There is a decent beach but swimming is not really advisable for kids as the currents are pretty strong. That said, there are a number of sea sport activities for adults to enjoy. Kota Tinggi waterfall is also within driving distance and makes a great afternoon trip for the whole family. RM10/adult and RM5/child if I recall correctly.

The rooms are fully air-conditioned and I have no complaints about the room's facilities. But like a bro mentioned earlier, there is no free wifi in the rooms, so if you really need it, it'll cost you RM10/day. There is free wifi at the lobby/reception though.

The rooms come with free buffet breakfast for the whole family and the spread was quite decent (western+local fare). You mentioned about seafood and if you are feeling slightly adventurous, you can drive out to Sungai Rengit (less than an hour drive) as the seafood there is nicer and cheaper as compared to Lotus or desaru area.

All in all, Lotus is not really a 5 star fancy resort to brag about, but I think a short getaway there will be enjoyable and memorable for the whole family, without digging too deep into your pocket.

• Praise 7

I was at Lotus last weekend. Kids will love the place due to the water theme park and the many activities that the Recreation team will conduct daily. You can also drive out to visit the fruit farms and there is a popular ostrich farm nearby too. There is a decent beach but swimming is not really advisable for kids as the currents are pretty strong. That said, there are a number of sea sport activities for adults to enjoy. Kota Tinggi waterfall is also within driving distance and makes a great afternoon trip for the whole family. RM10/adult and RM5/child if I recall correctly.

The rooms are fully air-conditioned and I have no complaints about the room's facilities. But like a bro mentioned earlier, there is no free wifi in the rooms, so if you really need it, it'll cost you RM10/day. There is free wifi at the lobby/reception though.

The rooms come with free buffet breakfast for the whole family and the spread was quite decent (western+local fare). You mentioned about seafood and if you are feeling slightly adventurous, you can drive out to Sungai Rengit (less than an hour drive) as the seafood there is nicer and cheaper as compared to Lotus or desaru area.

All in all, Lotus is not really a 5 star fancy resort to brag about, but I think a short getaway there will be enjoyable and memorable for the whole family, without digging too deep into your pocket.

Thanks bro. Already settled on UK Agro resort. :)

• Praise 1

(edited)

Port dickson is far man.

Bit hard for a kid to stay in the car seat so long.

Not recommended.

can lar... mine went till kuantan much younger........ and this year CNY 2 monsters went 6 months and 3yrs old... if all fails, just bring dvd player for them to watch

Thanks bro. Already settled on UK Agro resort. :)

the road is is sh*tty....... I went before.......... actually would be better staying elsewhere and just go there for day tour... youtube got condition of the road

Hi all,

Thinking of driving to Kuantan on the National Day long weekend.

Any suggestion what is the best time to move off? 4am on 7 Aug?

to be honest... I rather take leave and go on 6th.....or stay 1 night JB on 6th .... alternatively go on 8th instead

Edited by Galantspeedz

can lar... mine went till kuantan much younger........ and this year CNY 2 monsters went 6 months and 3yrs old... if all fails, just bring dvd player for them to watch

the road is is sh*tty....... I went before.......... actually would be better staying elsewhere and just go there for day tour... youtube got condition of the road

to be honest... I rather take leave and go on 6th.....or stay 1 night JB on 6th .... alternatively go on 8th instead

It's easier to manage them on the plane.

I may want to go up to Kuantan next year.

It's easier to manage them on the plane.

I may want to go up to Kuantan next year.

erm.... I drove.... NSH, KL, Karak Highway then Kuantan....

Oh, not the route 12 that other people were saying on the other thread.

That's a long way man.

I drove from Mersing to Kuantan then via Karak to Genting highlands after overnight at the kelongs there. Really drained after that.

Driving with kids have to really take a long time for lunch breaks etc. Change diapers etc. So that's why road trips driving can be quite long.

Oh, not the route 12 that other people were saying on the other thread.

That's a long way man.

I drove from Mersing to Kuantan then via Karak to Genting highlands after overnight at the kelongs there. Really drained after that.

Driving with kids have to really take a long time for lunch breaks etc. Change diapers etc. So that's why road trips driving can be quite long.

my in laws not directly at kuantan... about 60km before kuantan....

actually I went old route previously but found this longer route less taxing on the mind.... time taken about the same too....

so far I only stop for toilet breaks..... no need lunch breaks as they can have milk in the car.... diapers also change when stop for toilet break... so far so good..... quite easy

only me and OC and the 2 monsters lol

Supercharged

The road in is still acceptable lah.

Its basically smooth gravel road but quite a distance in.....but its not the worse road I've driven before, actually. But very dusty thou...

Hypersonic

this route can stop at ampang for YTF

also have nice seafood at kg bukit tinggi

don't stop for meals very wasted

:D

Wow... That was very early. I am planning to go to Kuantan by Woodlands. Thinking of leaving my place at 4 - 430am. Good time? Scared crossed the border too early dunno where to go.

My kids go school on the 6 and my wife has no more leave cos she book all her leave for Christmas and New Year.

Planning to go back to her hometown in Philippines with my kids.

Got enrichment classes for the kids on the 9th - just called and confirmed. Wife would also like to spend National Day here.

So can only go on the 7th and back on the 8th. No choice.

2D/1N is abit too short but just for the fun of it.

↡ Advertisement