Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
42 replies to this topic | 175 praises

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:31 PM

EstherLui
  • EstherLui
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone can comment on the 2? Thanks!

Angcheek and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:44 PM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

whichever is cheaper

bs got promo now...

Angcheek praised this

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:15 AM

EstherLui
  • EstherLui
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

My car comes with 205/60 R16 tyres, I am looking to replacing the stock tyres. If I want to reduce the profile to say 55, the closest match is 225/55 R16. But this is a strange size. I did a down size on my current ride which gave me the closest size to original, but it's still noticeably smaller.

Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:12 AM

Chrtstriker
  • Chrtstriker
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I have used Michelin Primacy before and they are really good tyres in both dry and wet conditions. 

I highly recommend it but can be quite pricey.

How much is it in Singapore?

I got mine in Malaysia and it costs at least 600RM per tyre.....

Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:24 AM

Roberttan
  • Roberttan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

both are good product.

Low noise and NO compromised of Safety

except the GR has lower mileage vs Primacy 3 ST.

you wont go wrong for any 1 of them

Angcheek praised this

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:46 PM

EstherLui
  • EstherLui
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Coming from Pilot sport 3, I have a good impression with Michelin.

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:03 PM

Surf2004
  • Premium member
    Surf2004
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I had used GR-100 for 50km+. Recently changed to used set of Primacy ST3 as car due to scrap. Profile 205/60/16.
Grip wise BS better.
Comfort wise BS better.
The rest are similar.

Prefer GR-100.

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:50 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Your summary on primacy 3st concurs with mine.
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:27 PM

Friedpiggy
  • Friedpiggy
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Its been some time since I last changed tyres. Is there a good place to change GR100 in AMK Autopoint?

Used to change at one of the 2 tyre shops facing each other in AMK ave 10. Cant remember their names.

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:58 PM

Surpize
  • Premium member
    Surpize
    1st Gear
    Author Image

currently on Turanza GR100, overall a good tyre.
comparing the two, which is more quiet?

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:01 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Its been some time since I last changed tyres. Is there a good place to change GR100 in AMK Autopoint?

Used to change at one of the 2 tyre shops facing each other in AMK ave 10. Cant remember their names.

Poh Heng / Justin ?

Changed my tyres there once.

focus

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:14 PM

Friedpiggy
  • Friedpiggy
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Poh Heng / Justin ?

Changed my tyres there once.

Yeah, I also changed there once. Then subsequently I went the one opposite, twice as they served me drinks while I wait [laugh].  Anyway on my last visit a couple of years ago, I wanted Yokohama DNA DBs but some china lady strongly recommended some alternative blueearth tyre that was said to be as quiet and can last longer and I went for it. It was noisy and didn't last more than 30k. These shops just tries to push stock out...Not going there anymore. 

Since my office is near autopoint thus was wondering if there are good tyre shops there. Don't know what's the comfort tyres now. From what I see in this pretty dead tyre subforum I gather it is GR100. Does Yoko DNA Dbs still exist? 

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:20 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yeah, I also changed there once. Then subsequently I went the one opposite, twice as they served me drinks while I wait [laugh].  Anyway on my last visit a couple of years ago, I wanted Yokohama DNA DBs but some china lady strongly recommended some alternative blueearth tyre that was said to be as quiet and can last longer and I went for it. It was noisy and didn't last more than 30k. These shops just tries to push stock out...Not going there anymore. 

Since my office is near autopoint thus was wondering if there are good tyre shops there. Don't know what's the comfort tyres now. From what I see in this pretty dead tyre subforum I gather it is GR100. Does Yoko DNA Dbs still exist? 

Not sure about Yoko cos my preferred choice has been Bridgestone for quite awhile ... GR80, GR90, RE001, RE002 etc. I find Bridgestones lasting and offer good feedback. 

Another tyre shop I went to for Bridgestone near AMK would be Eng Wah Tyre at Toa Payoh. 

Noob79 praised this
focus

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:22 PM

diabloshrimpsmini
  • Premium member
    diabloshrimpsmini
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Have traveled 2000Km on Michelin Primacy 3 ST. I'm pretty happy on it's performance, comfort and quietness.

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:34 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Travelled more than 13k on 3st and tyres seem to wear rather well.

Won't be on my next tyre wish list though.
Columbian78 praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:55 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yeah, I also changed there once. Then subsequently I went the one opposite, twice as they served me drinks while I wait [laugh]. Anyway on my last visit a couple of years ago, I wanted Yokohama DNA DBs but some china lady strongly recommended some alternative blueearth tyre that was said to be as quiet and can last longer and I went for it. It was noisy and didn't last more than 30k. These shops just tries to push stock out...Not going there anymore.

You can get Goodyear EfficientGrip.

Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:57 PM

Friedpiggy
  • Friedpiggy
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Pricing comparison?
Assuming 215/55/17.

I.e.
Efgrip < gr100 < st4 < csc5 ?

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:27 PM

Surpize
  • Premium member
    Surpize
    1st Gear
    Author Image

GR100 out of stock at several shops so ended up Gettin Primacy 3.
Tyre running in & seem a rather comfort tyre.
Tyre Shop sharing Michelin increasing tyre price soon

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:42 PM

rickbath
  • Premium member
    rickbath
    Clutched
    Author Image

Sorry to hijack this thread... been looking for a new set of tyres and heard that primacy 3 has really good grip...might be getting it soon

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:09 AM

Friedpiggy
  • Friedpiggy
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Not sure about Yoko cos my preferred choice has been Bridgestone for quite awhile ... GR80, GR90, RE001, RE002 etc. I find Bridgestones lasting and offer good feedback. 

Another tyre shop I went to for Bridgestone near AMK would be Eng Wah Tyre at Toa Payoh. 

Almost everyone saying GR100 better than primacy 3 but I wonder why GR100 like not too many dealers want to bring in?. All promoting Yoko AE50 and Michelin Primacy 3.

Called Eng Wah, he also don't have stock.

Anyway the only GR100 i saw on SGcarmart is from Yap bros, seems to be a used ones. Ask if they have stock and the price, they ask me to see myself in SGcarmart? ... :a-aggressive:  [shakehead] . Business too good to entertain me probably... Anyway they lose a customer, I'll probably go with Eng Wah for Primacy 3.

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Bridgestone Turanza GR-100

Bridgestone Turanza GR-100  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by MCFmrhonda  |  5th Gear

Reliable Comfort Tyres

Have gotten this set of tyres to replace worn out ones. Been using it for about 10 months. Up to date, I am very happy with this replacement. Low road noise and delivery reasonable level of handling and control when driving Strongly recommend... » Read More

Michelin Primacy 3 ST

Michelin Primacy 3 ST  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by neski  |  1st Gear

Quiet and comfort tyre

Fitted the Primacy 3 on my car and immediately feel the ride is more quiet and compose as before. On top of that the tyre offer good grips and is lasting. I had the tyre for 30k with still good amount of thread left.

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Michelin Primacy 3 ST, Bridgestone Turanza GR-100

Quick Reply

Tags: mazda, primacy, gr100, 3st and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users