Primacy 3 ST or Turanza GR100?

EstherLui

My car comes with 205/60 R16 tyres, I am looking to replacing the stock tyres. If I want to reduce the profile to say 55, the closest match is 225/55 R16. But this is a strange size. I did a down size on my current ride which gave me the closest size to original, but it's still noticeably smaller.

I have used Michelin Primacy before and they are really good tyres in both dry and wet conditions.

I highly recommend it but can be quite pricey.

How much is it in Singapore?

I got mine in Malaysia and it costs at least 600RM per tyre.....

• Praise 2

both are good product.

Low noise and NO compromised of Safety

except the GR has lower mileage vs Primacy 3 ST.

you wont go wrong for any 1 of them

• Praise 1

I had used GR-100 for 50km+. Recently changed to used set of Primacy ST3 as car due to scrap. Profile 205/60/16.

Grip wise BS better.

Comfort wise BS better.

The rest are similar.

Prefer GR-100.

• Praise 2

Its been some time since I last changed tyres. Is there a good place to change GR100 in AMK Autopoint?

Used to change at one of the 2 tyre shops facing each other in AMK ave 10. Cant remember their names.

Hypersonic

Its been some time since I last changed tyres. Is there a good place to change GR100 in AMK Autopoint?

Used to change at one of the 2 tyre shops facing each other in AMK ave 10. Cant remember their names.

Poh Heng / Justin ?

Changed my tyres there once.

Poh Heng / Justin ?

Changed my tyres there once.

Yeah, I also changed there once. Then subsequently I went the one opposite, twice as they served me drinks while I wait [laugh].  Anyway on my last visit a couple of years ago, I wanted Yokohama DNA DBs but some china lady strongly recommended some alternative blueearth tyre that was said to be as quiet and can last longer and I went for it. It was noisy and didn't last more than 30k. These shops just tries to push stock out...Not going there anymore. 

Since my office is near autopoint thus was wondering if there are good tyre shops there. Don't know what's the comfort tyres now. From what I see in this pretty dead tyre subforum I gather it is GR100. Does Yoko DNA Dbs still exist? 

Hypersonic

Yeah, I also changed there once. Then subsequently I went the one opposite, twice as they served me drinks while I wait [laugh].  Anyway on my last visit a couple of years ago, I wanted Yokohama DNA DBs but some china lady strongly recommended some alternative blueearth tyre that was said to be as quiet and can last longer and I went for it. It was noisy and didn't last more than 30k. These shops just tries to push stock out...Not going there anymore. 

Since my office is near autopoint thus was wondering if there are good tyre shops there. Don't know what's the comfort tyres now. From what I see in this pretty dead tyre subforum I gather it is GR100. Does Yoko DNA Dbs still exist? 

Not sure about Yoko cos my preferred choice has been Bridgestone for quite awhile ... GR80, GR90, RE001, RE002 etc. I find Bridgestones lasting and offer good feedback. 

Another tyre shop I went to for Bridgestone near AMK would be Eng Wah Tyre at Toa Payoh. 

• Praise 1

Travelled more than 13k on 3st and tyres seem to wear rather well.

Won't be on my next tyre wish list though.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Yeah, I also changed there once. Then subsequently I went the one opposite, twice as they served me drinks while I wait [laugh]. Anyway on my last visit a couple of years ago, I wanted Yokohama DNA DBs but some china lady strongly recommended some alternative blueearth tyre that was said to be as quiet and can last longer and I went for it. It was noisy and didn't last more than 30k. These shops just tries to push stock out...Not going there anymore.

You can get Goodyear EfficientGrip.

GR100 out of stock at several shops so ended up Gettin Primacy 3.

Tyre running in & seem a rather comfort tyre.

Tyre Shop sharing Michelin increasing tyre price soon

↡ Advertisement