Primacy 3 ST or Turanza GR100?

EstherLui

Sorry to hijack this thread... been looking for a new set of tyres and heard that primacy 3 has really good grip...might be getting it soon

↡ Advertisement

Not sure about Yoko cos my preferred choice has been Bridgestone for quite awhile ... GR80, GR90, RE001, RE002 etc. I find Bridgestones lasting and offer good feedback. 

Another tyre shop I went to for Bridgestone near AMK would be Eng Wah Tyre at Toa Payoh. 

Almost everyone saying GR100 better than primacy 3 but I wonder why GR100 like not too many dealers want to bring in?. All promoting Yoko AE50 and Michelin Primacy 3.

Called Eng Wah, he also don't have stock.

Anyway the only GR100 i saw on SGcarmart is from Yap bros, seems to be a used ones. Ask if they have stock and the price, they ask me to see myself in SGcarmart? ... :a-aggressive:  [shakehead] . Business too good to entertain me probably... Anyway they lose a customer, I'll probably go with Eng Wah for Primacy 3.

Sorry to hijack this thread... been looking for a new set of tyres and heard that primacy 3 has really good grip...might be getting it soon

P3 has good grip?

Maybe for ah pek that drives in car park.

I am using primacy 3ST, it is a quiet tyre, since I am a slow driver so cannot comment the grip.

Take note in Asia all the agent stock is named Primacy 3ST made in Thailand and if you get Primacy 3 it should be PI stock from Europe.

I brought my 18" (235/50x18) in JB (agent stock) price at RM575 per pc.  While in Singapore the cheapest I can get is S$260.

I did use GR90 (old model) before, my view both are same same.

Almost everyone saying GR100 better than primacy 3 but I wonder why GR100 like not too many dealers want to bring in?. All promoting Yoko AE50 and Michelin Primacy 3.

Anyway the only GR100 i saw on SGcarmart is from Yap bros, seems to be a used ones. Ask if they have stock and the price, they ask me to see myself in SGcarmart? ... :a-aggressive:  [shakehead] . Business too good to entertain me probably... Anyway they lose a customer, I'll probably go with Eng Wah for Primacy 3.

Since hard to find GR100 why not try Primacy 3ST.

Hypersonic

Had change to GR100 and using it for almost 2 weeks.

Called dealer to check price, they ordered and went down next day .

Ride have been less noisy and less bumpy.

But have to clarify that I am driving a Ah pek B&B car, so cannot comment about sharp cornering grip or performance.

• Praise 5

Hypersonic
(edited)

My Primacy 3 ST used for 33k now, grip is still very good and remain very quiet. The tyre thread look still more than half.

I am using 235/50/18.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 3

Anyway the only GR100 i saw on SGcarmart is from Yap bros, seems to be a used ones. Ask if they have stock and the price, they ask me to see myself in SGcarmart? ... :a-aggressive:[shakehead] . Business too good to entertain me probably... Anyway they lose a customer, I'll probably go with Eng Wah for Primacy 3.

I think is about profit margin...you can call south east to check on GR100. they are the Bridgestone select store, good service but not the cheapest.

I think is about profit margin...you can call south east to check on GR100. they are the Bridgestone select store, good service but not the cheapest.

Does bridgestone restrict selling price? anyway doesnt matter i just changed to Primacy 3 st.

Dont feel any obvious difference in quietness since i only changed the front 2 which are balding. Maybe main noise contributor is from the rear. The handling feels the same. My rear are goodyear excellence.

Hypersonic

Does bridgestone restrict selling price? anyway doesnt matter i just changed to Primacy 3 st.

Dont feel any obvious difference in quietness since i only changed the front 2 which are balding. Maybe main noise contributor is from the rear. The handling feels the same. My rear are goodyear excellence.

Did you rotate the tyre regularly? If this is done, the tyre wear should be almost similar.

By just changing only 2 front tyre, you will never get the tyre of same wear rate. 

Did you rotate the tyre regularly? If this is done, the tyre wear should be almost similar.

By just changing only 2 front tyre, you will never get the tyre of same wear rate. 

No idea, It's from a used car that i recently bought. The rear tyres were very new and the front was bald at the sides. Don't know why the previous owner did not change the front together.

Thought that it would be a waste to switch out the rear since they are so new. Anyway i also don't rotate tyres. Have been doing that for the past car ownership. I just switch all 4 out when they start to get noisy which is way before they reach the replacement depth.

Turbocharged

My Primacy 3 ST used for 33k now, grip is still very good and remain very quiet. The tyre thread look still more than half.

I am using 235/50/18.

Don't mean anything unless you can provide a comparison with your previous tyres. Everyone has different driving style.

My Nexen tyres travelled 35k and tyre thread also looks good, about 1/3 of 10c coin.

Hypersonic

Don't mean anything unless you can provide a comparison with your previous tyres. Everyone has different driving style.

My Nexen tyres travelled 35k and tyre thread also looks good, about 1/3 of 10c coin.

1st set of tyre on my current car, so no comparison. Changed to this tyre immediately after collection of car.

But my brother driving the same car with the factory tyre is a lot more noisy and less grip.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

I am using 235/50/18.

How much? Am interested.
  • Praise 5

Hypersonic

How much? Am interested.

I trade in my factory tyre and paid the different at my regular tyre shop at TPY lorong 8.

If I am not wrong, currently the shop is selling $240 for my tyre size.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

I trade in my factory tyre and paid the different at my regular tyre shop at TPY lorong 8.

vincent?

His prices quite competitive..changed a few times of rims & tyres from him last time

• Praise 2

vincent?

His prices quite competitive..changed a few times of rims & tyres from him last time

Yeah, I changed my Bridgestones at Vincent's shop before too. 

Good guy.  [thumbsup]

Hypersonic

Can share the shop and tel number?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6