Which van is a better deal?

Cerano

Hi bros

i am in the procuring of procuring a commercial vehicle for my business. Have two options now.

1. Get a Van at 81k under the Early turnover Scheme

2. Get a Van at 86k by bidding for normal Cat C vehicle.

If i choose 1. I believe there is no need to bid but the COE for the new vehicle will be lower hence my future paper value will be lower (correct me if im wrong). If choose 2 COE will be higher.

Can please advise?

↡ Advertisement

If I'm not wrong, commercial vehicles got no paper value.

Hi bros

i am in the procuring of procuring a commercial vehicle for my business. Have two options now.

If i choose 1. I believe there is no need to bid but the COE for the new vehicle will be lower hence my future paper value will be lower (correct me if im wrong). If choose 2 COE will be higher.

Can please advise?

• Praise 3

Supersonic

yeap, commercial vehicle has no paper value.

it's real value is the no. of yrs COE remaining, tracked with new vehicle price.

• Praise 1

Hi bros

Can please advise?

This is the write up on Early turnover scheme

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/Early_Turnover_Scheme_For_Category_C_Vehicles.html.

Seem a bit complicated and you need an existing vehicle to enjoy this. Anyway, as all the MCF members said, Van, lorry and bus does not have paper value (PARF).

Depends on how many years you are using I guess. Cause if you are selling it, 1 owner will definitely be better than 2 owners under early turnover scheme. Just helped my company procure a new van. We chose to bid for Coe though. Because ad gave us good price and throw in lots of freebies. Like really lots.

• Praise 1

Hi bros

Can please advise?

cheapest of the cheap is to buy a going to coe van, then renew coe

$500 + coe = $55k

• Praise 1

$500 + coe = $55k

do-able, but only the very old mistu/toyota vans like hiace/liteace worth it

and u still need factor in poorer fc and high wear and tear and the whole interior is cui like...that over sexually used ITE underage girl...

if u are going for cheap thrill might as well buy those already renewed, if buy 10year and renew urself totally not worth at all

• Praise 1

and u still need factor in poorer fc and high wear and tear and the whole interior is cui like...that over sexually used ITE underage girl...

if u are going for cheap thrill might as well buy those already renewed, if buy 10year and renew urself totally not worth at all

just anyhow spray paint can already lah [laugh]

oldateamvan.jpg

LOL

Well you can only buy a 9 year or 10 year old to renew COE, cos max lifespan for commercial vehicles is 20 years only. Have to scrap once reach 20 years old, no more renewal of COE.

$500 + coe = $55k

Well, the early turn over scheme is good if your current COE value is very much higher than the 3mths moving average. There is another 10% discount on COE from LTA for the scheme.

Problem with getting 8-9 yrs van is the high mileage, this translate to replacement/repair cost. Any van above 11yr requires inspection every 6months, your road tax can be renew max up to 6mths, thus the bi-annual inspection.

To save money, I would wait a while more for COE to drop further and self import Jap van(approx. 20k+ range)

• Praise 1

Recently I bought a Fiat Doblo 1.6MTA and gotten ETS from my SE. I save about 10% compare to today COE. My SE told me that no matter how much is the value of the ETS, if I sell, I still sell at market price. I didn't really ask much as I trusted him cos this is not the 1st unit I gotten from him as I needed another one for my business. B4 hand I driven a kangoo and now I like this Doblo. If you need further information, you can call him, Lee 85337003.

post-114892-0-19320300-1450239611_thumb.jpg