New Ford Focus RS w/ awd

Eyke

Swee Swee 👍😄

I love Focus😄👍 too bad ST or RS all manual, I don't like driving manual car as daily car😔

• Praise 5

Supercharged
(edited)

"2016 Ford Focus RS Delivers 345 HP With Specially Engineered EcoBoost Mill

The Truth About Cars / by Cameron Aubernon / 9 hours ago

2016 Ford Focus RS

Ahead of its arrival at this years Goodwood Festival of Speed in West Sussex, England, the 2016 Ford Focus RS horsepower figures were officially revealed.

Ford says the hot hatchs specially engineered 2.3-litre EcoBoost engine is good for 345 horsepower and 324 lb-ft of torque to all four corners. The turbo-four shares the basics with the all-aluminum mill found on the Mustang, with upgrades including: a low-inertia twin-scroll turbocharger with larger compressor; less restrictive intake design for more breathing capability; larger intercooler and radiator for increased cooling; high-temp-resistant cylinder heads and high-tensile cast iron cylinder liners; and a large-bore high performance exhaust system with an electronically controlled valve in the tailpipe that helps optimise the balance of back pressure and noise output.

Other features linked to the powertrain include Fords Ford Performance All-Wheel Drive with Dynamic Torque Vectoring system, launch control, and a handful of driving modes, including an industry-first drift mode so one can drift in Formula D without first yanking out the front differential."

Edited by Eyke

Supercharged

Gonna be rarer than a porsche

The previous gen only got like less than15 in sg. 1 of them in green downstairs my house. Haha

maybe this one will do slighter better coz got 4 doors, a bit more practical than the previous 2-door RS...

maybe this one will do slighter better coz got 4 doors, a bit more practical than the previous 2-door RS...

Totally. After a while the 2 door hatch is really quite challenging. Been looking around, waiting for a worthy 4 door hatch, and this seems like it's got it all.

(edited)

Gonna be rarer than a porsche

The previous gen only got like less than15 in sg. 1 of them in green downstairs my house. Haha

Actually there were only 10. Where is this?

Edited by SGCMWhiteKnight

Totally. After a while the 2 door hatch is really quite challenging. Been looking around, waiting for a worthy 4 door hatch, and this seems like it's got it all.

Got to agree. This car seems to have everything a Hot hatch loving family man will want.

Great for daily ferrying of wife and kids and when the mood for a spirited drive comes along, I am sure it won't disappoint.

Really hope to see it hit our shores soon!

Actually its not that impractical; I can fit my whole bike in the car, and the rear seats are actually quite spacious. Just that it lacks 2 rear doors.

With 2 doors I am sure you will find it troublesome when it comes to picking up and alighting your passengers from your back seat. But with the 2016 RS, problem solved ! 4 Doors !

Hope it comes with a manageable price tag though.

Supercharged

With 2 doors I am sure you will find it troublesome when it comes to picking up and alighting your passengers from your back seat. But with the 2016 RS, problem solved ! 4 Doors !

Hope it comes with a manageable price tag though.

it must undercut Golf R...

it must undercut Golf R...

I thought I saw a used one at toh guan. Looks really new. Looks the same one at 2nd link one time. I wonder why the owner sell so fast. U can buy it in 21 toh guan show room if interested. Just nxt to soxxi key master. A striking yellow ford focus rs with quite new car plate no. U will not miss it. Heard rm a lot of models no stock now. Wonder why? Small market maybe.

I thought I saw a used one at toh guan. Looks really new. Looks the same one at 2nd link one time. I wonder why the owner sell so fast. U can buy it in 21 toh guan show room if interested. Just nxt to soxxi key master. A striking yellow ford focus rs with quite new car plate no. U will not miss it. Heard rm a lot of models no stock now. Wonder why? Small market maybe.

I believe you meant Focus ST? The mk2 RS does not come in yellow.

Yeah its a ST, the red ST badge is on the front grill. Saw it at Toh Guan as well.

I believe 2014 ST are not equipped with Ecoboost engine.

Saw the price tag for that car in Sgcarmart quite scary LOL.

↡ Advertisement