Engine oil leaking and Fuels Odour

Antonee

Hi guys,

just wanted to find out if is it normal for a 9 year old car to have minor engine oil leaks ?

I found out that by doing some test : ie putting some newspaper underneath the engine.

Every morning saw a slight dip on the paper...And I have sent this to the workshop - the above issue was repaired (with replacing some oil gasket and stuff) when the oil leak was bigger portion. But this issue came back with minor oil dip now..

Also, after parking car , i always can smell the fuels odour smell coming from fuels tank and underneath (not exos since exos smell is different). Sent to workshop , there was some leak from the fuels reservoir tank , the technician apply some residue to 'wash away' the fuels and the workshop manager request to apply gum on the leak area since it is old car. No point replacing . The good thing is the salesperson is a responsible person and absorb about 80% of the repair payment .

But the fuels odour came back again. Darn it..how..

My previous Mitsubishi dun have such issue except throttle valve which cost me close to S$1K.

↡ Advertisement