Advice needed on Car Aircon

Kieran1975

agent probably sub out to third party. Or,

tell you change everything to eliminate all possibilities of failure.

ya, the easiest and safest way to solve the problem is to change everything at one go, agree with you.

car owners like us will go bankrupt one day  [:p]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Advise needed.

Recently the aircon of my 8yr plus Toyota Axio acted strangely- cold when car is in motion and blows hot air when car is stationary.

Suspect could be compressor problem but not sure.

Any bros got any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks. 

• Praise 1

Advise needed.

Recently the aircon of my 8yr plus Toyota Axio acted strangely- cold when car is in motion and blows hot air when car is stationary.

Any bros got any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks.

Check your radiator fan motor if its spinning fast when stationary.

Suspect that it's not working fine; hence during stationary, the water temperature build up, and the aircon is cut off for safetly reason.

(edited)

My 15 years old suzuki carry 1.3 van also got some problem, sometimes no air comes out, compressor changed last year. Left 11 months to scrap, any idea how much does the blower fan cost?

Edited by Hachi

Advise needed.

Any bros got any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks. 

i had similar problem with my car recently.  had to change compressor.

2 things to check:

1.  refrigerant pressure

2.  compressor suction (inlet) and discharge (outlet) pressure.  If discharge pressure is low, means compressor is weak.

any decent aircon shop can help you.

based on your description, i feel case 2 is more likely.

i had similar problem with my car recently. had to change compressor.

2 things to check:

1. refrigerant pressure

2. compressor suction (inlet) and discharge (outlet) pressure. If discharge pressure is low, means compressor is weak.

any decent aircon shop can help you.

based on your description, i feel case 2 is more likely.

Out of curiosity, I went to l&kim to check pressure. A mech used a partially working gauge (blue one ok, red one cover no more n needle bent). He plugged blue gauge into the L side piping but didnt check H side. Pressure reading was 44psi or 3bar. He just concluded my comp not strong as pressure should b below 40psi. But what I recorded fr scotty kilmer youtube video was expansion valve issue if low pressure high. Anyway, mine was within ok pressure of 35-45psi based on scotty kilmer.

So much for recommended ws.

Out of curiosity, I went to l&kim to check pressure. A mech used a partially working gauge (blue one ok, red one cover no more n needle bent). He plugged blue gauge into the L side piping but didnt check H side. Pressure reading was 44psi or 3bar. He just concluded my comp not strong as pressure should b below 40psi. But what I recorded fr scotty kilmer youtube video was expansion valve issue if low pressure high. Anyway, mine was within ok pressure of 35-45psi based on scotty kilmer.

So much for recommended ws.

If compressor not strong enough means change compressor?

bottomline, aircon faulty = change compressor most of the time. Every workshop give same solution, no need pro shop. 

• Praise 1

If compressor not strong enough means change compressor?

bottomline, aircon faulty = change compressor most of the time. Every workshop give same solution, no need pro shop.

Might as well change entire system, incl hose.

Any gd exp to share?

My 15 years old suzuki carry 1.3 van also got some problem, sometimes no air comes out, compressor changed last year. Left 11 months to scrap, any idea how much does the blower fan cost?

Your fan motor could have an issue, or maybe car radiator is choked.

Last time I got this prob, I used this online service to get a few quotes from diff workshops, quotes were about $300 -$400 for my car. In the end I just chose the workshop that was cheapest.

It should be priced around the same for you also, although yours is diff model so can't confirm

Hypersonic

Any gd exp to share?

Most of the times asked to change comp very easy to make money but high expenses to us. A friend shared this shop 'Ka Ling' at Tampines. Went once and was given some advice. Try and no problem after that. No money spent. Look decent type. If want to try call Nine7438458.

Most of the times asked to change comp very easy to make money but high expenses to us. A friend shared this shop 'Ka Ling' at Tampines. Went once and was given some advice. Try and no problem after that. No money spent. Look decent type. If want to try call Nine7438458.

Tks.

Any gd exp to share?

if you stay in the north, can give a try at http://www.sggarage.com/. my ex-ride air-con was repaired there. the boss is a young local chap, very professional and friendly. the shop open on weekend but close on Wed.

if you stay in the north, can give a try at http://www.sggarage.com/. my ex-ride air-con was repaired there. the boss is a young local chap, very professional and friendly. the shop open on weekend but close on Wed.

I've chk out the shop before. His prc tech quoted me some 6xx for cooling coil chg, not exactly cheapest n I don't see any diagnosis carried out. Of cos, there many ws that just based on ur description without chk Lo n hi with gauges n adjusting AC.

I've chk out the shop before. His prc tech quoted me some 6xx for cooling coil chg, not exactly cheapest n I don't see any diagnosis carried out. Of cos, there many ws that just based on ur description without chk Lo n hi with gauges n adjusting AC.

oh! that is bad. but for me, at least the boss himself did some check. otherwise I would not have let him repair as it was my first visit.

cheers

oh! that is bad. but for me, at least the boss himself did some check. otherwise I would not have let him repair as it was my first visit.

cheers

When boss not around, other employees just try different things. Only ppl who set up biz usually take more pride; others r just takin salary so can carrot will carrot.

Most of the time, the fan is working.  It is the connector.  Check the connector for burn mark.

If really fan problem, go to a scrap yard and find a similar part.  Since your van only left 11mths.

After many years of driving, aircon problem is a 6 yearly thing.  Every 6 years, either the Evaporator or compressor will break down.

My opinion is that JB is the way to go, the advantages :

a) Most if not all can do DAY SURGERY.

b) Cost

c) You have Choice 

For my case recently, Evaporator need to replace :

i)  Century Auto, they supply parts & labour.  RM900

or

ii) Kia Malaysia - Genuine Parts Guaranteed. RM1400

Back in Singapore,  I was quote at least S$1K and 3 day to repair. At least 1K because it is a MPV.  

Turbocharged

hi would like to check does a aircon compressor comes with a damper? notice that my car will vibrate when the aircon is on, but when i off it the vibration is minimal. Time to change any aircon part?

↡ Advertisement